Karbs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Please review my diet plan

Hello.

I need a plan and would like feedback on it. I want to spend the next 4 months getting in the best shape of my life and I want to know how to do that. Once I have a plan I will stick to it 98%, so its important to me.

Goal: get to roughly 10-12% bodyfat (abs), then lean gain after that. Basically lose fat as much as possible while maintaining as much strength as possible.

Current me:
    Male, 27 years
    Height: 6'5", Weight: 230 lbs
    Bodyfat % estimation at 20-22%

I lift monday, wednesday, friday with mostly deadlifts, squats, bench, press, chin ups.

rest days: 1600 calories
    training days: 2400 calories

High protein and more carbs on training days, more fat on rest days.

Will this be a good idea? What should I do? What can I achieve in 4 months of dedication to the plan?

Thanks for your help!!

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You're severely undereating. Don't cycle cals, no need

Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by AlwaysTryin View Post
    You're severely undereating. Don't cycle cals, no need
    what's worng with that (cycling) ?
    Iron, sometimes it sets my teeth on edge, other times it helps me control the chaos.

++ Positivity Crew ++

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Dexter3000 View Post
    what's worng with that (cycling) ?
    1) it's pointless and has no extra benefit unless he rathers it
    2) it's causing his calorie intake to be far too low. He will end up screwing himself

Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    1) it's pointless and has no extra benefit
    2) it's causing your calorie intake to be far too low. You'll end up screwing yourself
    I still think there are some (minor) benefits of eating more after your workout and eating a bit less on days where you are very inactive. Overall calorie intake will be decisive though, I agree.

Also, calorie intake too low is because his calories are too low, not because of cycling.
    Iron, sometimes it sets my teeth on edge, other times it helps me control the chaos.

++ Positivity Crew ++

Originally Posted by Dexter3000 View Post

Also, calorie intake too low is because his calories are too low, not because of cycling.
    I disagree.
    2400 daily is far more acceptable than 4 days of 1600 from his cycling

I disagree.
    2400 daily is far more acceptable than 4 days of 1600 from his cycling
    I meant that he could be cycling with 2200 and 2600, for example, which would be fine IMO. The cycling of calories itself is not the problem you are addressing, it's the number of calories used.

++ Positivity Crew ++

ForeverSRS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ForeverSRS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ForeverSRS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ForeverSRS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ForeverSRS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ForeverSRS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ForeverSRS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ForeverSRS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ForeverSRS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ForeverSRS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm 17% BF and 190 LBS at 6'1 and I'm cutting on 2,600 kCals a day - so sounds like you're underfeeding. No point cycling your calories, it just makes things complicated. Read the macronutrient sticky.

Cheers.

DeadliftDOMS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DeadliftDOMS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DeadliftDOMS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DeadliftDOMS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DeadliftDOMS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DeadliftDOMS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DeadliftDOMS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DeadliftDOMS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DeadliftDOMS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DeadliftDOMS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DeadliftDOMS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Karbs View Post
    Hello.

I need a plan and would like feedback on it. I want to spend the next 4 months getting in the best shape of my life and I want to know how to do that. Once I have a plan I will stick to it 98%, so its important to me.

Goal: get to roughly 10-12% bodyfat (abs), then lean gain after that. Basically lose fat as much as possible while maintaining as much strength as possible.

Current me:
    Male, 27 years
    Height: 6'5", Weight: 230 lbs
    Bodyfat % estimation at 20-22%

I lift monday, wednesday, friday with mostly deadlifts, squats, bench, press, chin ups.

rest days: 1600 calories
    training days: 2400 calories

High protein and more carbs on training days, more fat on rest days.

Will this be a good idea? What should I do? What can I achieve in 4 months of dedication to the plan?

Thanks for your help!!
    Hey KARBS!...this should help.
    You weigh 230 lbs at approximately 20% bf which means you have 46 lbs of bf on you currently and a LBM of 184 lbs....now if you were to get to 10% with absolutely NO muscle loss or lose of water, body waste etc...just losing pure fat then you would weigh 204.4 lbs at 10 % with a LBM of the same 184 lbs. Now with out any doubt your GOING to lose some water, waste, and a little bit of muscle because you in a calorie deficit. So your ending weight will most likely be much lower than this. 4 months isn't totally unrealistic but the slower you drop weight the better the end product will be. Meaning don't go to far into a deficit so you don't lose to much LBM..Now you need to find out you maintence calories for your self..there plenty of online calculators online to help you ESTIMATE this...if you already know this GREAT...you should know though that just your BMR is 2300 calories...10 x BW...this is not including calories burned from daily activity or calories burned from the digestion of food. 1600 calories is wayyyyyyy to low...guys should not go under 1800 calories..2400 calories sounds a lot healthier...once you find you maintence go 500 calories below that DAILY!!Weight loss happens because of an average of calories taken in over the coarse of several days...no need to calories cycle..just stay CONSISTANT..!thats it man!...that will equal 1 pound of fat loss a week because a pound of fat equals 3500 calories...nice and slow...so going at this nice slow rate will take approximately 6.5 months to lose 26 lbs PURE POUNDS of body fat which will bring you to 10% bf. that's 1 lbs a week 4lbs a month...not much I know but TRUST ME your end product will be much MUCH better. You will weigh more in the end with more MUSCLE. if your losing weight to fast..more than a pound than up them 100 to 200 calories...if your not losing do the same in reverse...food choices and macro breakdowns are ALL PERSONAL preference...It's calories in verse calories out, meaning you must burn more than what you consume...hope I've helped....reps needed lol.

Ok guys so thank you.

Would this look better?

I really do like the calorie cycling so how about 2000 calories on rest days and 2500 on training days?

KouRon is a name known to all. (+5000) KouRon is a name known to all. (+5000) KouRon is a name known to all. (+5000) KouRon is a name known to all. (+5000) KouRon is a name known to all. (+5000) KouRon is a name known to all. (+5000) KouRon is a name known to all. (+5000) KouRon is a name known to all. (+5000) KouRon is a name known to all. (+5000) KouRon is a name known to all. (+5000) KouRon is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Ok guys so thank you.

Would this look better?

I really do like the calorie cycling so how about 2000 calories on rest days and 2500 on training days?
    Sounds better than what you were going to do.
    ★★★ I was part of Ultra 2013 Thread Crew ★★★
    No Fap October 2012 COMPLETED!
    Misc Persian Crew
    -->>MMC<<--
    Dorian Yates training = The only way to train!
    M4L Krew Representing!~
    RIP - Az "Zyzz" Sergeyevich :( , The god has fallen, but the legend lives on! <3

SQ76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SQ76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SQ76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SQ76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SQ76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SQ76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SQ76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SQ76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SQ76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SQ76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SQ76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ok guys so thank you.

Would this look better?

I still would not cycle at such a big difference... my own preference is to eat the same each day, then I can be sure of exactly how many calories I am eating.

What is your daily activity level, without your gym/ weight training sessions? do you have an active or sedentary job? as calculated by DEADLIFTDOMS your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) is 2300 calories that means that if you sit in a chair and do not move all day your body will burn 2300 calories.

If you have an active or lightly active job, this figure would increase... so then you will you will be able to better calculate what you need.

Why is it that you prefer to cycle calories? what were you planning to do to decrease your calories by 500 on those non training days? (i.e. were you going to skip a meal?)

If you are training regularly then you need to make sure that you take in enough calories from protein... using a calculation of LBM x 1.5 = 276g of Protein per day (which is 1,104 calories) would seem ideal. With regards to fat, a calculation often used is LBM x 0.4 which for you = 73.6g fat (662 calories). The rest of your calories can be made up with carbs (1g carbs = 4 calories. Same as protein).

Originally Posted by KouRon View Post
    Sounds better than what you were going to do.
    I realize at 6'5 and 230lbs eating 1600 and 2400 was too low.

Originally Posted by SQ76 View Post
    I still would not cycle at such a big difference... my own preference is to eat the same each day, then I can be sure of exactly how many calories I am eating.

What is your daily activity level, without your gym/ weight training sessions? do you have an active or sedentary job? as calculated by DEADLIFTDOMS your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) is 2300 calories that means that if you sit in a chair and do not move all day your body will burn 2300 calories.

If you have an active or lightly active job, this figure would increase... so then you will you will be able to better calculate what you need.

Why is it that you prefer to cycle calories? what were you planning to do to decrease your calories by 500 on those non training days? (i.e. were you going to skip a meal?)

If you are training regularly then you need to make sure that you take in enough calories from protein... using a calculation of LBM x 1.5 = 276g of Protein per day (which is 1,104 calories) would seem ideal. With regards to fat, a calculation often used is LBM x 0.4 which for you = 73.6g fat (662 calories). The rest of your calories can be made up with carbs (1g carbs = 4 calories. Same as protein).
    My job is 100% sedentary so my activity level is low I think.

1percentedge.com/ifcalc/ I used this one and it says my BMR is 2100 and TDEE is 2500.

Calorie cycling because I think it has benefits combined with intermittent fasting. I already do this and i like it (so i eat more on training days after the workout).

I am just wondering what I can achieve if i stick to a good diet plan and what the best route would be for me. Go for cutting or recomping maybe? i want to look good (honestly) and I think muscle is important then too right?

How can I improve my body the most (more muscle and less fat) over the next months into summer? i knnow its not magic and its a choice for the rest of my life to be healthy and lift but for now i want good results that i can be happy with. understand me?

^^ recomping takes a lot of time and patience and I doubt it's for you as you seem to want changes asap