Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    backspace412 is on a distinguished road. (+10) backspace412 is on a distinguished road. (+10) backspace412 is on a distinguished road. (+10) backspace412 is on a distinguished road. (+10) backspace412 is on a distinguished road. (+10) backspace412 is on a distinguished road. (+10) backspace412 is on a distinguished road. (+10) backspace412 is on a distinguished road. (+10) backspace412 is on a distinguished road. (+10) backspace412 is on a distinguished road. (+10) backspace412 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by DavieBanner View Post
    Went to gym this AM, took another pic.
    I think you guys are mid interpreting shadows for gyno. Here's another pic and I seriously don't see it. I see 6/10 pecs with nice definition down the center. Idk what the lines called.

And I don't think I'm great. My lifts sucks. That's why I'm here asking for help and all I get is stupid gyno/10 posts har har har. I'm 24 and live in the real world. In the real world it doesn't matter if your BP 100lbs or 400lb. If your going to the gym and trying your more dedicated and proactive with your health than 70% of the population. Think I make fun of the fat guy in my gym doing body weight curls or half reps? **** NO I'm like "I'm glad that ****er is here doing something, go mother****er go"...

Here's last pic and again I don't see it.

And again for those of you who can't read I do 3/4 rom because of a shoulder injury and its comfortable for me at that percent. Anymore and my shoulder kills me for a week. With that said why the hell wouldn't I do 3/4 rom? I don't think greasing the groove and faking it till you make it applies in injuries caused by high speed collisions. I may be way off here however. And subjectively a 255 half to three quarter rom BP for ME is better than anything LESS. Quit comparing me to you. I am not you. Compare me to how much weaker I could be

http://min.us/ibpVKG24HYpknd
    i think everyone who is saying gyno is referring to the extra fatty mass around your nipples... that being said it will probably go away with lower bf percentage probably not gyno but just your body stores fat differently than others keep up the good work and be the stronger version of yourself.!

DavieBanner is not very helpful. (-500) DavieBanner is not very helpful. (-500) DavieBanner is not very helpful. (-500) DavieBanner is not very helpful. (-500) DavieBanner is not very helpful. (-500) DavieBanner is not very helpful. (-500) DavieBanner is not very helpful. (-500) DavieBanner is not very helpful. (-500) DavieBanner is not very helpful. (-500) DavieBanner is not very helpful. (-500) DavieBanner is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by backspace412 View Post
    i think everyone who is saying gyno is referring to the extra fatty mass around your nipples... that being said it will probably go away with lower bf percentage probably not gyno but just your body stores fat differently than others keep up the good work and be the stronger version of yourself.!
    This man is a real person, thank you!
    Bench Press: 205x5[x] 210x5[x] 215x5[x] 220x5[x] 225 x 5[x] 230x5 []

^^Scratched the 5x5 program. Lifting BP 255 x 10, do not know max as I could care less.

sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i don't even know what to say about this thread. i can incline press with 70-75 lbs for 10 reps, but i'm repping like 175-185 lbs on decline for 10 reps.

then again, i always touch chest and don't bounce. same for DBs, the handles of the DBs come down as low as my armpits. full ROM all the time.

i don't really think this is a troll thread as much as it is a sad realization for OP that he's not got that great of development at all...it's very apparent in the ab region that his core and compound lifts have been neglected.
    Powerlifter convert. Follow on instagram Sharpie_bendingbarbells

Most recent comp lifts: 405/305/475

speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This man is a real person, thank you!
    I dont think you have gyno. you just have a lot of fat around your butt and leg area.
    maybe go on a cut and get your form right with lighter weight?

DavieBanner is not very helpful. (-500) DavieBanner is not very helpful. (-500) DavieBanner is not very helpful. (-500) DavieBanner is not very helpful. (-500) DavieBanner is not very helpful. (-500) DavieBanner is not very helpful. (-500) DavieBanner is not very helpful. (-500) DavieBanner is not very helpful. (-500) DavieBanner is not very helpful. (-500) DavieBanner is not very helpful. (-500) DavieBanner is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by speedjason View Post
    I dont think you have gyno. you just have a lot of fat around your butt and leg area.
    maybe go on a cut and get your form right with lighter weight?
    I tried a previous posters suggestion on bench for putting my thumbs on rings instead of pinkies. Felt great actually and the bar hit my chest at 90 degrees... Guess I have really wide ****ing arms/reach

^^Scratched the 5x5 program. Lifting BP 255 x 10, do not know max as I could care less.

speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I tried a previous posters suggestion on bench for putting my thumbs on rings instead of pinkies. Felt great actually and the bar hit my chest at 90 degrees... Guess I have really wide ****ing arms/reach
    given your wingspan its not too wide at all.

JinKazama23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JinKazama23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JinKazama23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JinKazama23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JinKazama23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JinKazama23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JinKazama23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JinKazama23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JinKazama23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JinKazama23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JinKazama23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So you're saying you can virtually flat bench press more than deadlift? And why is the DB press so weak compared to the BP? And on top of that the squat looks pretty weak. If these lifts are true, you are doing something terribly wrong.

In my opinion it doesn't matter how much you bench press, because you won't become truly aesthetic without getting your deadlift and squat stats in proportion. So to answer your question I think your aesthetics fit your lifts.

Good luck!

given your wingspan its not too wide at all.
    Just not use to people doing that at the gym and being told otherwise in high school :/

Originally Posted by JinKazama23 View Post
    So you're saying you can virtually flat bench press more than deadlift? And why is the DB press so weak compared to the BP? And on top of that the squat looks pretty weak. If these lifts are true, you are doing something terribly wrong.

In my opinion it doesn't matter how much you bench press, because you won't become truly aesthetic without getting your deadlift and squat stats in proportion. So to answer your question I think your aesthetics fit your lifts.

Good luck!
    maybe he never deadlifted?

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Exclamation You look like you lift.

OP, ignore the negative/childish comments. You do look better than most people that go to the gym and 'workout'. Like someone else said, work on your lats and delts to try and make your hips look less accentuated.

P.S. Please work on your squat and deadlift. They are much more important than the bench press.

Originally Posted by -Lucifer View Post
    OP, ignore the negative/childish comments. You do look better than most people that go to the gym and 'workout'. Like someone else said, work on your lats and delts to try and make your hips look less accentuated.

P.S. Please work on your squat and deadlift. They are much more important than the bench press.

That's what I'm talking about! Thanks brother. Will shift my priorities. As you can tell I thought bench was end all be all.

Lesson learned.

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What kind of routine are you on, OP?

scootz-two will become famous soon enough. (+50) scootz-two will become famous soon enough. (+50) scootz-two will become famous soon enough. (+50) scootz-two will become famous soon enough. (+50) scootz-two will become famous soon enough. (+50) scootz-two will become famous soon enough. (+50) scootz-two will become famous soon enough. (+50) scootz-two will become famous soon enough. (+50) scootz-two will become famous soon enough. (+50) scootz-two will become famous soon enough. (+50) scootz-two will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    lol @ benching way more than you squat..
    ********.com/NoDaysOffTraining
    Twitter @scootz2
    "what we do in life echoes in eternity"

Originally Posted by scootz-two View Post
    lol @ benching way more than you squat..
    Before I was doing one I made up. Since than I've been doing the 'big man on campus' routine. I use to do maybe three lifts per body group 3x a week. Now I'm following that program. At first I couldn't handle the volume and swore you had to be on gear haha. Now I do pretty well and have since been climbing. Was doing a 25lb plate squat in oct for ten reps, am now doing 50lbs on ea side for ten reps. And my leg presses are going up like 10-20lbs per session

Before I was doing one I made up. Since than I've been doing the 'big man on campus' routine. I use to do maybe three lifts per body group 3x a week. Now I'm following that program. At first I couldn't handle the volume and swore you had to be on gear haha. Now I do pretty well and have since been climbing. Was doing a 25lb plate squat in oct for ten reps, am now doing 50lbs on ea side for ten reps. And my leg presses are going up like 10-20lbs per session
    Ps: I had my bro check. My wingspan is actually 76 in and I'm only 6'1. My arms are ****ing long. Back to benching past the rings

kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ps: I had my bro check. My wingspan is actually 76 in and I'm only 6'1. My arms are ****ing long. Back to benching past the rings
    Sigh you completely ignored my advice, and instead focused on defending your tricep size. You should really re-read my advice. You're going to f@#$ up your RC more and end up with a 1/2 ROM bench instead of your current shoddy 3/4 bench.

Originally Posted by kanis999 View Post
    Sigh you completely ignored my advice, and instead focused on defending your tricep size. You should really re-read my advice. You're going to f@#$ up your RC more and end up with a 1/2 ROM bench instead of your current shoddy 3/4 bench.
    I read it brother. I do mostly DB work on this plan. I just wanted to see how it felt with a very wide grip. I did 155lbs x 15...felt pretty good and my impingement didn't flare. It usually does at a mid grip. At very wide or very close it feels comfortable. Would you still reccomend backing off?

Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I read it brother. I do mostly DB work on this plan. I just wanted to see how it felt with a very wide grip. I did 155lbs x 15...felt pretty good and my impingement didn't flare. It usually does at a mid grip. At very wide or very close it feels comfortable. Would you still reccomend backing off?
    Yes. You may not feel the damage at first, but it accumulates over time and by the time you start feeling the impact you've already done some damage.

If you have ROM issues due to your previous injury, DB is a great idea, it's far easier on the shoulders and actually hits the pecs better.

BTW how close to maximal effort was that 155x15 wide grip bench touching your chest? I have a 77" wingspan and I don't even come close to touching my chest at parallel even with a wide grip. Were you touching your chest at parallel?

Originally Posted by Rasputin4 View Post
    Yes. You may not feel the damage at first, but it accumulates over time and by the time you start feeling the impact you've already done some damage.

If you have ROM issues due to your previous injury, DB is a great idea, it's far easier on the shoulders and actually hits the pecs better.

BTW how close to maximal effort was that 155x15 wide grip bench touching your chest? I have a 77" wingspan and I don't even come close to touching my chest at parallel even with a wide grip? Were you touching your chest as at parallel?
    Was light. I could of prob gone to 20 reps total. I use 155 as a warm up usually. I was slightly below parallel I think, but not far. My thumbs were on the outside ring and I was about an inch, maybe less below. Not like 4-5 when I was doing it the other way and ****ing my shoulder up. Felt pretty decent this time like the weight wasn't being lifted with my shoulders.

Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Was light. I could of prob gone to 20 reps total. I use 155 as a warm up usually. I was slightly below parallel I think, but not far. My thumbs were on the outside ring and I was about an inch, maybe less below. Not like 4-5 when I was doing it the other way and ****ing my shoulder up. Felt pretty decent this time like the weight wasn't being lifted with my shoulders.
    Something seems off about it stressing your shoulders more to bench with a medium grip. When you bench with medium grip, the force is channeled more vertically from the shoulder all the way up to the wrist, benching wide grip spreads that force out somewhat horizontally, meaning your RCs have to do more work to stabilize the weight, which places more pressure on them. I'd really like to see a vid of your form.

Something also seems off about the self-reported 255x10 3/4 medium grip bench vs 155x20 wide grip full FROM bench. I mean, I'm sure I could to 155x20 full ROM and there's no way I could hit 255x10 3/4 ROM, not even close.

I really think there is something off about your form that is causing these descrepancies and a vid would really help.

Something seems off about it stressing your shoulders more to bench with a medium grip. When you bench with medium grip, the force is channeled more vertically from the shoulder all the way up to the wrist, benching wide grip spreads that force out somewhat horizontally, meaning your RCs have to do more work to stabilize the weight, which places more pressure on them. I'd really like to see a vid of your form.

Something also seems off about the self-reported 255x10 3/4 medium grip bench vs 155x20 wide grip full FROM bench. I mean, I'm sure I could to 155x20 full ROM and there's no way I could hit 255x10 3/4 ROM, not even close.

I really think there is something off about your form that is causing these descrepancies and a vid would really help.
    I'd also like to pro-actively fix the issues. I'll get video of both tonight or early morning when I hit the gym.
    Form could be horribly off, never had it assessed. I'm not going to go to 255x10 because I really don't want to hurt myself but I'll go heavy.
    I haven't done the 255x10 since I started the big man on campus program, like I said which was about two months ago so I don't know if its gone down or up.
    But like I said, I'll go relatively heavy. Maybe like 225x5-8, just so my form can be judged on a heavy set.

Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I would suggest doing Starting Strength or something until you get your deadlift and squat up to par and then reevaluate, but I don't know about your benching, given your shoulders. Have you ever worked with a physical therapist or been cleared to lift?

whats up with all the wide grip bench damage your rotator cuff comments?

Agalloch666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Agalloch666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Agalloch666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Agalloch666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Agalloch666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Agalloch666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Agalloch666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Agalloch666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Agalloch666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Agalloch666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Agalloch666 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Be proud OP! Half the population would kill for your body-type...

It just sucks they're all female.
    Current stack = black coffee and black metal

Originally Posted by Partyrocking View Post
    I would suggest doing Starting Strength or something until you get your deadlift and squat up to par and then reevaluate, but I don't know about your benching, given your shoulders. Have you ever worked with a physical therapist or been cleared to lift?
    No my PCP Litterly told me "your young you'll heal, I'm not reccomending PT" and that was that

kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Your answer:

When you bench with medium grip, the force is channeled more vertically from the shoulder all the way up to the wrist, benching wide grip spreads that force out somewhat horizontally, meaning your RCs have to do more work to stabilize the weight, which places more pressure on them.
    Once again, its not like pinky on the rings is a narrow grip, even for a tall guy. You can get great chest involvement at that width. Its more of a matter of how much you flare your elbows anyway.

In powerlifting competitions, you aren't even allowed to go wider than that.

Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The last two bench workouts I have had I bench pinky in the rings and have had shoulder pain the whole time as opposed to when I was using my normal medium grip...which I am switching back to.
    OG

Originally Posted by kanis999 View Post
    Your answer:

Once again, its not like pinky on the rings is a narrow grip, even for a tall guy. You can get great chest involvement at that width. Its more of a matter of how much you flare your elbows anyway.

In powerlifting competitions, you aren't even allowed to go wider than that.
    for me weirdly if I have pinky on the ring its more stress on my shoulder rather than wider mid or even index finger on the ring. that is touching the chest.

Originally Posted by Jasonk282 View Post
    The last two bench workouts I have had I bench pinky in the rings and have had shoulder pain the whole time as opposed to when I was using my normal medium grip...which I am switching back to.
    Medium grip my shoulder kills me, very wide nothing, very close, nothing. Any explain?
    You know what..I don't even know for a fact it's my RC. My massage therapist me and my mom go to said it was.

Ill post a picture of where it hurts.

midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Wider grip does indeed activate more chest, but puts much more stress on front delts and thus rotator cuff/ac joint. Not damage because that will ultimately come down to genetics/luck/form but stress. Good luck tucking with a grip twice beyond the acromion process

OP, you definitely don't have gyno. Unfortunately you have a ridiculously short torso to long arm/hip/leg ratio. If you want to maximize "aesthetics", bringing up the lats and legs would help the most. and obviously body fat but that goes for everyone. To reiterate what everyone else is saying, your bench numbers are far bigger than your chest itself. But reversely, your legs look about congruent with your dead and squat