Cardellichio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Has anyone tried rest pause training?

Whats up guys? I was wondering if anyone has tried rest pause training for hypertrophy. I read somewhere( i dont remember where) that you can do 6-8 reps with a heavy weight to failure, rack it up for 15 seconds, then go to failure. Then rest a couple minutes and do this again. I read it was good for building mass. Has anyone else tried this? And had success if you have tried this? I dont want to waste any workouts on something that doesnt work. I would do it for bench press, maybe squats, military, and pullups. Thanks for any help

KevJr88 is just really nice. (+1000) KevJr88 is just really nice. (+1000) KevJr88 is just really nice. (+1000) KevJr88 is just really nice. (+1000) KevJr88 is just really nice. (+1000) KevJr88 is just really nice. (+1000) KevJr88 is just really nice. (+1000) KevJr88 is just really nice. (+1000) KevJr88 is just really nice. (+1000) KevJr88 is just really nice. (+1000) KevJr88 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I've heard of guys doing it to break plateaus.
    Is thou perturbed, brethren? Come forth to a notable degree of proximity, male sibling!

MuscledHorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscledHorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscledHorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscledHorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscledHorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscledHorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscledHorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscledHorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscledHorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscledHorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscledHorse will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by KevJr88 View Post
    I've heard of guys doing it to break plateaus.
    I do rest-pause training every so often to shake things up from the usual tempo of a lift. As far as effect goes, you should benefit from it as it challenges the muscles to work in a manner which is different from what they are used to. Make sure you have a spotter and don't start with super heavy weight. You will need to ahve full contorl as you resist the weight in the eccentric movement so you can stop and hold the weight at rest for a few seconds and then begin the concentric movement from the dead stop. You will find your muscles will tire quicker as the hold part takes its toll on the overall endurance of the repetitions.
    You want to fly faster and further but Perfection cannot be plotted because every chart or graph is a limitation. Perfect speed, my son, is being there. You must stop seeing yourself as a limited gull with a 42" wingspan. -- Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Always do your best, be impeccable with your word, don't take things personally and don't make assumptions. -- The Four Agreements

comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I do it all the time.
    Fun as fuark except I do dc training.

My routine:

Upper day minus arms
    Bench Press (Madcows progression)
    3 sets totaling 15 reps, next workout 4 sets totaling 20 reps, next workout 5 sets totaling 25 reps All rest paused
    Flies
    Side lateral raises
    Face Pulls
    Reverse Lat pulldowns
    T-bar rows

Lower day plus arms
    Squats (Madcows Progression)
    3 sets totaling 15 reps, next workout 4 sets totaling 20 reps, next workout 5 sets totaling 25 reps All rest paused
    Leg Press
    Hamstring Curls
    Calve Raises
    Supinating Dumbbell Curls
    Skullcrushers

The way I act on rest-paused is:
    2-3 second negatives, 1 second positive.
    If I have to, swing and break form and positives.

Cardellichio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MuscledHorse View Post
    I do rest-pause training every so often to shake things up from the usual tempo of a lift. As far as effect goes, you should benefit from it as it challenges the muscles to work in a manner which is different from what they are used to. Make sure you have a spotter and don't start with super heavy weight. You will need to ahve full contorl as you resist the weight in the eccentric movement so you can stop and hold the weight at rest for a few seconds and then begin the concentric movement from the dead stop. You will find your muscles will tire quicker as the hold part takes its toll on the overall endurance of the repetitions.
    Does it increase your endurance? Because mine has come to a plateau so i will be trying this

MuscledHorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscledHorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscledHorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscledHorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscledHorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscledHorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscledHorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscledHorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscledHorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscledHorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscledHorse will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Cardellichio View Post
    Does it increase your endurance? Because mine has come to a plateau so i will be trying this
    Muscle endurance yes, but cardio (that is VOmax related) endurance not really. This is why you need a mix of exercises, varied set/rep lengths and weight adjusted according to number of sets and reps rather than a lifting routine that is routine. If you are just looking to do the same lift each week so you can measure your gain, you are appraoching it all wrong. I don't pile on weight to do my max at an exercise every week or evern every month, but when my trainer and I do take a journey into seeing how much I can lift after several months I am never disappointed with my performance as it has gained everytime...and I can see this progress when I look in the mirror. So, do some rest-pause stuff but also do a mix of exercises. This will keep your body needing to adapt and prevent you from falling into a plateau bound rut.
    You want to fly faster and further but Perfection cannot be plotted because every chart or graph is a limitation. Perfect speed, my son, is being there. You must stop seeing yourself as a limited gull with a 42" wingspan. -- Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Always do your best, be impeccable with your word, don't take things personally and don't make assumptions. -- The Four Agreements

Pinkton is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkton is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkton is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkton is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkton is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkton is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkton is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkton is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkton is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkton is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkton is just really nice. (+1000)
    I do it, love it

Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000)
    Most people do it and they dont even realize it