johnnymalkavius is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnnymalkavius is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnnymalkavius is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnnymalkavius is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnnymalkavius is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnnymalkavius is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnnymalkavius is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnnymalkavius is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnnymalkavius is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnnymalkavius is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnnymalkavius is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Unhappy injured and unmotivated

I lifted with bad form and messed up my upper spine. This was a week ago. I have been to the chiro twice and he fixed the problems. Since the injury I have only been able to do low intensity training and I feel like I am fighting a losing battle. Is it normal to feel down when you have been so high for so long? I feel like if I walk away for even a week I will lose everything. Is this normal?
    I broke my first year goal.

coachpalmz will become famous soon enough. (+50) coachpalmz will become famous soon enough. (+50) coachpalmz will become famous soon enough. (+50) coachpalmz will become famous soon enough. (+50) coachpalmz will become famous soon enough. (+50) coachpalmz will become famous soon enough. (+50) coachpalmz will become famous soon enough. (+50) coachpalmz will become famous soon enough. (+50) coachpalmz will become famous soon enough. (+50) coachpalmz will become famous soon enough. (+50) coachpalmz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by johnnymalkavius View Post
    I lifted with bad form and messed up my upper spine. This was a week ago. I have been to the chiro twice and he fixed the problems. Since the injury I have only been able to do low intensity training and I feel like I am fighting a losing battle. Is it normal to feel down when you have been so high for so long? I feel like if I walk away for even a week I will lose everything. Is this normal?
    Yes it's normal to feel that way when your routine gets disrupted, but it's all in your head. Just remember you need to be healthy before you lift again, or you'll face the risk of injuring yourself further. Just focus on getting better, eating really good, learning some new techniques, realizing what you did wrong so you don't do it again, and do some low impact cardio like the bike if it doesn't bother your back.

funlibrarian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) funlibrarian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) funlibrarian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) funlibrarian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yes, it is very normal to feel this way. For most athletes, an injury is the worst thing to go through. You are doing the right thing by taking it easy and being patient..if you rush it and do more damage, you will just be fighting this battle longer. Don't concentrate on the negative..think about what you have done so far that is positive-- like getting the problem fixed and being back to low intensity training...it can only get better from here!!!

Originally Posted by johnnymalkavius View Post
    "You don't have to be the expert, you just need to know how to find one and ask!"

AutumnOwl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AutumnOwl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AutumnOwl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AutumnOwl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AutumnOwl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AutumnOwl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AutumnOwl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AutumnOwl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AutumnOwl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AutumnOwl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I know the feeling. I had bad inflammation in my back a few years ago. I had swelled to 240 and fell to the floor one day. Give your back as much time as it needs to heal and you'll make those positive long term gains you are looking for!
    Hit me up!
    Twitter @TheMentalScribe
    ******** ********.com/thementalscribe
    Wordpress: thementalscribe.wordpress.com