oh4real has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oh4real has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oh4real has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oh4real has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oh4real has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oh4real has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oh4real has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oh4real has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oh4real has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oh4real has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oh4real has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cardio Twice A Day?

I was wondering if doing cardio twice a day an 1- 1.5 hrs a day with 8-12 hrs rest in between, beneficial?

Registered User TheCaptainPower's Avatar
    TheCaptainPower is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheCaptainPower is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheCaptainPower is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheCaptainPower is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheCaptainPower is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheCaptainPower is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheCaptainPower is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheCaptainPower is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheCaptainPower is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheCaptainPower is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheCaptainPower is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    twice a day? that's tough....I would just kill it hard once. It might work for a week or two, but then you probably will get burnt out.

Good luck!
    Captain Power

The Captain Power's Underground training site

http://thecaptainpower.blogspot.com

AUTHOR: "Work out, lose weight, and stop being single" available on amazon.com $2.99 on kindle!

mriguy33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    nice

usafamnguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) usafamnguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) usafamnguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) usafamnguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) usafamnguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) usafamnguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) usafamnguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) usafamnguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) usafamnguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) usafamnguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) usafamnguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by oh4real View Post
    I was wondering if doing cardio twice a day an 1- 1.5 hrs a day with 8-12 hrs rest in between, beneficial?
    Imo I don't see that being more benificial than HIIT several times a week. I did HIIT really intense for like20ish mins 4 times a week max and with lifting hard and very strict diet control it got me contest ready. Plus it eats up a lot less time than other cardio methods, its much more intense though. Good luck to ya!
    Team Force Factor Rep
    www.ForceFactor.com
    Monster Mash 2014 prep???
    Performance Protein + oats=<3
    Pharmacy technician/Cop
    _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/force-factor/force-factor.htm

thefleshlight has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefleshlight has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefleshlight has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefleshlight has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefleshlight has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefleshlight has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefleshlight has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefleshlight has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefleshlight has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefleshlight has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefleshlight has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Unless you're eating a TON and are using some serious products, you will not benefit from it about 2 weeks after starting.
    Official Supp. Misc Beer Policeman

Fancy a hook to your gabber m8?

NordicViking is on a distinguished road. (+10) NordicViking is on a distinguished road. (+10) NordicViking is on a distinguished road. (+10) NordicViking is on a distinguished road. (+10) NordicViking is on a distinguished road. (+10) NordicViking is on a distinguished road. (+10) NordicViking is on a distinguished road. (+10) NordicViking is on a distinguished road. (+10) NordicViking is on a distinguished road. (+10) NordicViking is on a distinguished road. (+10) NordicViking is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If your goal is just to burn more calories, then yes! Just look at any weight loss show on tv, they'll do cardio morning, lunch and dinner. Just remember that is not a long term solution. in the short term, most people can do a lot more then we think, its more about convincing the mind to continue. But at the same listen to your body, the last thing you want to do is injuring yourself.
    I rep back!

6'3" SW: 301 CW: 237 GW: 200 10% BF

nivijab2001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What I do is fasted cardio(cardio first thing in the morning on empty stomach) at least 3 times a week they those days i do cardio again after i lift weights in the afternoon you can try that maybe it could work for you

abe95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    do any of you guys know a good obliques exercise? i would like to tone that part of my abs badly. thanks.

danieljo is on a distinguished road. (+10) danieljo is on a distinguished road. (+10) danieljo is on a distinguished road. (+10) danieljo is on a distinguished road. (+10) danieljo is on a distinguished road. (+10) danieljo is on a distinguished road. (+10) danieljo is on a distinguished road. (+10) danieljo is on a distinguished road. (+10) danieljo is on a distinguished road. (+10) danieljo is on a distinguished road. (+10) danieljo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Are you going 1-1.5hrs in the first cardio workout then the next another 1-1.5hrs? So a total of 2-3 hrs a in a day?

danieljo is on a distinguished road. (+10) danieljo is on a distinguished road. (+10) danieljo is on a distinguished road. (+10) danieljo is on a distinguished road. (+10) danieljo is on a distinguished road. (+10) danieljo is on a distinguished road. (+10) danieljo is on a distinguished road. (+10) danieljo is on a distinguished road. (+10) danieljo is on a distinguished road. (+10) danieljo is on a distinguished road. (+10) danieljo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Anyway, I think it would depend on how hard you do your cardio. I think its nice to do a 1-hour cardio in the AM, then another 1-hour cardio in the PM. Just don't overdo yourself or your body.

bobbydigitaloa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bobbydigitaloa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bobbydigitaloa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bobbydigitaloa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bobbydigitaloa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bobbydigitaloa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bobbydigitaloa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bobbydigitaloa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bobbydigitaloa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bobbydigitaloa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bobbydigitaloa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    While I was training for my competiton I was doing cardio 3 times a day, 45 minutes at a crack. This was low intensity training (walking on a treadmill, stair stepper, etc) but I had to as I started with too much body fat in the beginning. If your schedule allows for it...2 times a day shouldn't hurt.
    678/424/700 - USPA Raw International Elite 220

kenneth32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    cardio twice a day would help you shed calories for sure but you should definitely add some sort of weight training to really help with the fat burning and muscle toning.

Originally Posted by NordicViking View Post
    If your goal is just to burn more calories, then yes! Just look at any weight loss show on tv, they'll do cardio morning, lunch and dinner. Just remember that is not a long term solution. in the short term, most people can do a lot more then we think, its more about convincing the mind to continue. But at the same listen to your body, the last thing you want to do is injuring yourself.
    I so agree with your post. Thanks for the idea.

zipman35 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zipman35 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zipman35 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zipman35 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zipman35 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zipman35 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zipman35 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zipman35 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by abe95 View Post
    do any of you guys know a good obliques exercise? i would like to tone that part of my abs badly. thanks.
    V ups or a side rise on a bench

Vivarant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivarant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivarant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivarant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivarant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivarant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivarant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivarant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivarant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivarant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivarant is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i've heard that it's fine to break it up into sets. I've even done this before and it really helps maintain energy throughout the day.
    Watch My Weight Loss Journey
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MeOnlyBetter2013

wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by usafamnguy View Post
    Imo I don't see that being more benificial than HIIT several times a week. I did HIIT really intense for like20ish mins 4 times a week max and with lifting hard and very strict diet control it got me contest ready. Plus it eats up a lot less time than other cardio methods, its much more intense though. Good luck to ya!
    You described my experience with it perfectly. Doing really long steady cardio twice a day didn't help me much, and I got a lot of repetitive use aches, pains and some injuries. When I switched to HIIT for 20 minutes, it was a game changer for me. If the point of really long cardio is to be able to do really long cardio, then by all means do really long cardio. If the point is to lose weight, HIIT is where its at. When I really wanted to kill myself in the gym and burn some fat, I'd do a 45 minute HIIT session.

rookrook89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by wesleysh21 View Post
    You described my experience with it perfectly. Doing really long steady cardio twice a day didn't help me much, and I got a lot of repetitive use aches, pains and some injuries. When I switched to HIIT for 20 minutes, it was a game changer for me. If the point of really long cardio is to be able to do really long cardio, then by all means do really long cardio. If the point is to lose weight, HIIT is where its at. When I really wanted to kill myself in the gym and burn some fat, I'd do a 45 minute HIIT session.
    I wanna do some HIIT but I'm kind of lost on how to do it. Any help or articles on how to do it properly?

MuscleDillon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Hey

I'd probably just do 30-1hr a day it is bad to over work the body. Just stick too it and each day push yourself more

UncleBee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by rookrook89 View Post
    I wanna do some HIIT but I'm kind of lost on how to do it. Any help or articles on how to do it properly?
    I do HIIT the way it is explained in the Body for Life program.

1. Warm up the first 2 minutes at Intensity Level 5
    2. Minutes 2-3 move from Intensity Level 5 to 6
    3. Minutes 4-5, 6-10 and 11-14 work your way from Intensity Level 6 to Level 9, maintain for one minute.
    4. Minutes 15-19 work your way from Intensity Level 6 to Level 10 (High Point at Level 10), maintain
    for 1 minute
    5. Minute 20 cool down to Intensity Level 5 for one minute.

Here is how I do it on my treadmill at home:
    1. First 2 minutes - 5mph
    2. 1 minute - 6mph
    3. 1 minute - 7mph
    4. 1 minute - 8mph
    5. 1 minute - 9mph

repeat this three times. On last round, go 1 extra minute at 10mph.

Speeds will depend on your individual intensity levels.

JasonTarin is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonTarin is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonTarin is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonTarin is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonTarin is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonTarin is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonTarin is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonTarin is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonTarin is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonTarin is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonTarin is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Agree, too much cardio can result in some major injuries that will put you out of the game for a while. Weightloss is a gradual thing by all means. Even competetive bodybuilders take 8-12 weeks to cut weight before a show.
    Your mind is your most powerful muscle. Use it to your advantage.

NewRookie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i did two 7 km runs in a time of 5 hours and i was fine but an hour after the second run my foot was hurting and i think i tore something.
    to much training isnt to good.