Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Noself is on a distinguished road. (+10) Noself is on a distinguished road. (+10) Noself is on a distinguished road. (+10) Noself is on a distinguished road. (+10) Noself is on a distinguished road. (+10) Noself is on a distinguished road. (+10) Noself is on a distinguished road. (+10) Noself is on a distinguished road. (+10) Noself is on a distinguished road. (+10) Noself is on a distinguished road. (+10) Noself is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Medinaaaa View Post
    Post pics were they're not pressed against anything.
    this

jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AAY97 View Post
    ima take the advantage of this thread ...OP, how much do they measure .... and whom do you guys think has the bigger arms .. me or OP ;p
    Didn't you just make two threads about your arms? Don't be a d**k man!
    Last edited by jeffl1980; 01-02-2013 at 11:28 AM.

ksrcrider has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ksrcrider has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ksrcrider has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ksrcrider has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ksrcrider has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ksrcrider has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ksrcrider has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ksrcrider has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ksrcrider has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ksrcrider has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ksrcrider has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    ya for real man.. no need to be a dick.. your arms arnt much better anyways.

Originally Posted by AAY97 View Post
    ima take the advantage of this thread ...OP, how much do they measure .... and whom do you guys think has the bigger arms .. me or OP ;p

ksrcrider has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ksrcrider has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ksrcrider has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ksrcrider has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ksrcrider has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ksrcrider has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ksrcrider has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ksrcrider has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ksrcrider has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ksrcrider has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ksrcrider has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    looks like you have a nice frame to build off of. not sure how your diet is... start doing higher reps if you arnt all ready. start building that lean muscle mass..

Originally Posted by sackamous View Post
    New pics, couldnt get a tri with out glair, but here they are as requested.

No Flex

Flex

Bi Shot

Tri Sho

sackamous will become famous soon enough. (+50) sackamous will become famous soon enough. (+50) sackamous will become famous soon enough. (+50) sackamous will become famous soon enough. (+50) sackamous will become famous soon enough. (+50) sackamous will become famous soon enough. (+50) sackamous will become famous soon enough. (+50) sackamous will become famous soon enough. (+50) sackamous will become famous soon enough. (+50) sackamous will become famous soon enough. (+50) sackamous will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ksrcrider View Post
    looks like you have a nice frame to build off of. not sure how your diet is... start doing higher reps if you arnt all ready. start building that lean muscle mass..
    Lol diet has been $#!+ through the holidays, im getting back with what got me the first 100lbs though. I started lifting mid november ish doing Jasons 5x5 for beginner's and am steady pushing the numbers up. Not sure how much I need to be able to lift before switching to a size routine over a strengh routine though.
    Started at 328lbs
    Current at 227lbs and counting.
    Current goal 225lbs (step by step)

()==() York Barbell Club No. 19 ()==()

If i we're you i would be doing a circuit training program with a upper/lower split. Do all super sets. Add in maybe 2-3 days of HIIT training. Either on a treadmill or boxing bag

Lol diet has been $#!+ through the holidays, im getting back with what got me the first 100lbs though. I started lifting mid november ish doing Jasons 5x5 for beginner's and am steady pushing the numbers up. Not sure how much I need to be able to lift before switching to a size routine over a strengh routine though.

Manebb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Manebb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Manebb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Manebb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Manebb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Manebb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Manebb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Manebb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Manebb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Manebb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Manebb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    If i we're you i would be doing a circuit training program with a upper/lower split. Do all super sets. Add in maybe 2-3 days of HIIT training. Either on a treadmill or boxing bag
    why should he do high reps? Unless you mean like cardio I can understand, but problem is that people that to believe that muscle mass has different 'settings'. But fact is: you either grow or you don't. The way you're build and your muscle looks like is in your DNA and you can't ''work on your peak'' ''train dry to get more definition''.

Grow & cut = lean muscle mass. If you don't want more muscle, but want to stay at the same place and want to keep it right there. Yeah, cardio and high reps may just do the trick; but 4-10 reps with less pushing does it too (:

sackamous will become famous soon enough. (+50) sackamous will become famous soon enough. (+50) sackamous will become famous soon enough. (+50) sackamous will become famous soon enough. (+50) sackamous will become famous soon enough. (+50) sackamous will become famous soon enough. (+50) sackamous will become famous soon enough. (+50) sackamous will become famous soon enough. (+50) sackamous will become famous soon enough. (+50) sackamous will become famous soon enough. (+50) sackamous will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Manebb View Post
    why should he do high reps? Unless you mean like cardio I can understand, but problem is that people that to believe that muscle mass has different 'settings'. But fact is: you either grow or you don't. The way you're build and your muscle looks like is in your DNA and you can't ''work on your peak'' ''train dry to get more definition''.

Grow & cut = lean muscle mass. If you don't want more muscle, but want to stay at the same place and want to keep it right there. Yeah, cardio and high reps may just do the trick; but 4-10 reps with less pushing does it too (:
    Um huh? You lost me muscle in my dna cant work on my peak? What is traning dry? From your location seems english is not your first language so maybe you could try and describe it different for me.
    Started at 328lbs

Im a total newb to this, been reading a while, but not good at picking things out. There a specific program I should look at?
    Started at 328lbs

benybh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) benybh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) benybh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) benybh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) benybh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) benybh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Uppppppppp

You're dumb man.. Mass building comes from heavy low reps 4-6 reps... lean mass as in cutting up comes from lighter higher reps such ass 10-12 or more reps

Originally Posted by Manebb View Post

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/scot...g-program.html go here. This is a cutting program from the website

Ok thanks ill look into that program.
    Started at 328lbs

JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You're dumb man.. Mass building comes from heavy low reps 4-6 reps... lean mass as in cutting up comes from lighter higher reps such ass 10-12 or more reps
    I can't tell if you're joking or serious.
    "You can always be thinner... look better"
    Patrick Bateman

Originally Posted by JohnRainbo View Post
    So what do you think, should I continue working on my strength doing jasons novice 5x5.
    How high I need my numbers before switching to a pure size routine? Current squat 270, dead 300 (usually just add 30 lbs to what I squatted), bench 230. Have added 5lbs to my lifts every other day since I started. Squat every other day bench every other workout is y squat numbers are higher. I think im getting close on my bench to a stall number, doing 5 sets of 5. I still got plenty left below I think.
    Started at 328lbs

orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    So what do you think, should I continue working on my strength doing jasons novice 5x5.
    How high I need my numbers before switching to a pure size routine? Current squat 270, dead 300 (usually just add 30 lbs to what I squatted), bench 230. Have added 5lbs to my lifts every other day since I started. Squat every other day bench every other workout is y squat numbers are higher. I think im getting close on my bench to a stall number, doing 5 sets of 5. I still got plenty left below I think.
    If it were me, I would stick with your 5x5 and keep on trucking with it. Jason's program is built on compound lifts and progressive overload-- you can't go wrong with those principles as a relatively new lifter. Keep up the great work and congrats on your progress to date.

I think it's cool that your wife squats.

I'm being serious.. He needs to do higher reps... Get on a circuit training program.. He's a big guy. Diet being most important. He has a big base to work off of. He's got to start getting rid of all that fat...

Originally Posted by JohnRainbo View Post

jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm being serious.. He needs to do higher reps... Get on a circuit training program.. He's a big guy. Diet being most important. He has a big base to work off of. He's got to start getting rid of all that fat...
    Could you explain to me why high reps = burning fat. But lower reps/heavy weight does not? I would think the more you push your body the more fat you will burn....but maybe that's my silly way of thinking.

APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Good posing. Hide the flabby midsection whilst pressing your arms against something to make them look huge. Actually had me fooled until I saw the second set of pics!

But still man, your arms definitely aren't small. Once you cut up I'm sure you'll look pretty damn solid.

Originally Posted by jeffl1980 View Post
    Could you explain to me why high reps = burning fat. But lower reps/heavy weight does not? I would think the more you push your body the more fat you will burn....but maybe that's my silly way of thinking.
    Technically he's right, higher rep sets will generally get you more out of breath, which will cause more calories to be burned in the same amount of time. However you'd get an even better result doing cardio. So heavy weight + cardio > Light weight IMO
    *CEO crew*
    *Married with kids crew*
    *Life starts at 29 crew*
    *Still misc crew*

The intensity of your workout is the most important factor. If you exercise with light weights and take around two minutes to complete 20 reps, you will not get your heart rate in the fat burning zone -- the minimum heart rate to start burning fat. According to the American Council on Exercise, your fat burning zone is roughly 60 to 70 percent of your maximum heart rate. For example, someone whose maximum heart rate is around 220 beats per minute should exercise with a heart rate of at least 132 to burn fat. The key to burning fat with light weights and high repetitions is to go hard and fast to get your heart rate up. This is why I said to do supersets..

Lighter weights and high repetitions have their place in exercise, especially for people new to exercise or those recovering from injuries. It's also effective for toning up dormant muscles, or muscles that are under active. If you are planning to bulk up, body build, or lose weight quickly, you're better off increasing your weights so that you can only do 10 to 12 repetitions per set with perfect form before fatiguing.

Originally Posted by jeffl1980 View Post

josebrazil91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    lookin big! keep up the good work

racingTC68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) racingTC68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) racingTC68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) racingTC68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) racingTC68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) racingTC68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) racingTC68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) racingTC68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) racingTC68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) racingTC68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) racingTC68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Looking good man. Keep up the work and when you cut down I think you will look/feel a lot better

Originally Posted by orangegoblin View Post
    If it were me, I would stick with your 5x5 and keep on trucking with it. Jason's program is built on compound lifts and progressive overload-- you can't go wrong with those principles as a relatively new lifter. Keep up the great work and congrats on your progress to date.

I think it's cool that your wife squats.
    Thanks, its been a long year but im proud of my 100lbs lost so far, and yea it is awsome she is my motovation threw all this.

Originally Posted by APwn View Post
    Good posing. Hide the flabby midsection whilst pressing your arms against something to make them look huge. Actually had me fooled until I saw the second set of pics!

But still man, your arms definitely aren't small. Once you cut up I'm sure you'll look pretty damn solid.

Technically he's right, higher rep sets will generally get you more out of breath, which will cause more calories to be burned in the same amount of time. However you'd get an even better result doing cardio. So heavy weight + cardio > Light weight IMO
    Wasnt my intention just happened to be where I was sitting lol.

Originally Posted by josebrazil91 View Post
    lookin big! keep up the good work
    Originally Posted by racingTC68 View Post
    Looking good man. Keep up the work and when you cut down I think you will look/feel a lot better
    Thanks guys!
    Started at 328lbs

The intensity of your workout is the most important factor. If you exercise with light weights and take around two minutes to complete 20 reps, you will not get your heart rate in the fat burning zone -- the minimum heart rate to start burning fat. According to the American Council on Exercise, your fat burning zone is roughly 60 to 70 percent of your maximum heart rate. For example, someone whose maximum heart rate is around 220 beats per minute should exercise with a heart rate of at least 132 to burn fat. The key to burning fat with light weights and high repetitions is to go hard and fast to get your heart rate up. This is why I said to do supersets..

Lighter weights and high repetitions have their place in exercise, especially for people new to exercise or those recovering from injuries. It's also effective for toning up dormant muscles, or muscles that are under active. If you are planning to bulk up, body build, or lose weight quickly, you're better off increasing your weights so that you can only do 10 to 12 repetitions per set with perfect form before fatiguing.
    So if intensity is the main factor, I really like the 5x5 im on its easy to follow since im pretty new at this. Would just shortning the breaks I take and trying to go 8 reps instead of 5 be a good start?
    Started at 328lbs

howwedo107 will become famous soon enough. (+50) howwedo107 will become famous soon enough. (+50) howwedo107 will become famous soon enough. (+50) howwedo107 will become famous soon enough. (+50) howwedo107 will become famous soon enough. (+50) howwedo107 will become famous soon enough. (+50) howwedo107 will become famous soon enough. (+50) howwedo107 will become famous soon enough. (+50) howwedo107 will become famous soon enough. (+50) howwedo107 will become famous soon enough. (+50) howwedo107 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Front double bi please
    Snapback wearing gym rat for life
    {({({({({({(Misc Ferret Crew)})})})})})})})