Daveripped has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Dieting for soccer

I have just started my per-season for the soccer season coming up so I'm doing a lot of running and about 3-4 gym sessions a week along with soccer specific training as well. I know that I need a high intake of carbs along with protein and fats .Just need some tips on proper dieting for a soccer player and if I need to use supplements? I'm not really looking to bulk or cut ( Although want to stay as lean as possible). I need a good diet more so for the energy.
    Last edited by Daveripped; 12-29-2012 at 04:38 AM.

BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You mostly just need to get consistent Keith your daily diet so you know roughly how much you re consuming each day. And then you can adjust your intake up or down in order to direct you toward your goals. Aim for close to 2 grams per kilo protein and then experiment to find out how much carbs and fats you need. I Maine your training is frequent and so I'd encourage consume a good deal of your carbs around the times you exercise to properly fuel and refuel
    barbell1.com - home of The Barbell1 Show - the only 5 day/wk Online Radio on building muscle
    Listened to in 171 Countries, Downloaded 1.3 million X in 2014-15
    Get it free on iTunes and Stitcher Radio for your mobile device!

About me:
    MS in Sports Dietetics
    Registered Dietitian
    BS in ESS
    NSCA Certified Personal Trainer

SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Daveripped View Post
    I have just started my per-season for the soccer season coming up so I'm doing a lot of running and about 3-4 gym sessions a week along with soccer specific training as well. I know that I need a high intake of carbs along with protein and fats .Just need some tips on proper dieting for a soccer player and if I need to use supplements? I'm not really looking to bulk or cut ( Although want to stay as lean as possible). I need a good diet more so for the energy.
    Calculate your bmr +activity level to get a estimate of the amount of calories you should be eating.

You don't need any supps other than a good multi-vitamin and them maybe a tub of a protein powder to get some extra protein in your body.