iviicrociot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iviicrociot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iviicrociot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iviicrociot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iviicrociot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iviicrociot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iviicrociot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iviicrociot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iviicrociot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iviicrociot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iviicrociot is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Strength loss with mass loss...

So I'm not super human. 96 lbs later, and I'm feeling my strength start to give in some lifts a little at a time. It's nice to know that I'm still able to bench more than my weight, able to do pull ups and dips without assitance... but how much strength can you expect to lose? Was nice seeing the numbers progress every week with the weight falling off, and I look better and better in the mirror so it's worth it, but you hate to give up an inch of strength. I'm hoping to push on through another 40lbs and re-assess afterwards, but should I expect to see diminishes in strength at a more rapid pace?

godetroit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) godetroit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) godetroit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) godetroit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) godetroit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) godetroit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) godetroit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) godetroit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) godetroit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) godetroit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) godetroit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Three things I've found to help minimize/maintain strength:

1. Keep the calorie deficit minimal (around 500)
    2. Keep the protein intake high (1g per pound lbm - 1g per pound bw)
    3. Maintain lifting intensity but reduce the volume on any heavy compound exercise. For example as I said in another thread do 2-3 sets of 5 for bench instead of 5 sets of 5 and try to keep the same weight.

stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    For me strength loss starts to kick in at 10 weeks to 12 weeks and gets worse as i go up to 16 weeks. All while losing at a 500 calorie deficit so break the diet phase up for a couple weeks when you see strength losses accelerating and then resume the cut.
    Why do I do this weightlifting thing for the last 34 years with all its ups and downs life has handed me? Because each time I came back stronger. NEVER GIVE UP. Gym life is about more than muscles getting bigger and weights going up. Its wisdom discipline dedication humility you name it.

ReyJay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReyJay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReyJay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReyJay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReyJay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReyJay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReyJay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReyJay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReyJay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReyJay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReyJay has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Add creatine to your diet if not already.

firemon232 is on a distinguished road. (+10) firemon232 is on a distinguished road. (+10) firemon232 is on a distinguished road. (+10) firemon232 is on a distinguished road. (+10) firemon232 is on a distinguished road. (+10) firemon232 is on a distinguished road. (+10) firemon232 is on a distinguished road. (+10) firemon232 is on a distinguished road. (+10) firemon232 is on a distinguished road. (+10) firemon232 is on a distinguished road. (+10) firemon232 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have cut for 7 weeks and there is no significant strength loss. Try to maintain 500calories deficit and do strength training ( 1-5 reps ) for your main exercise. Hit your macro every damn day! You definitely will be fine.
    "Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regrets"

Monceef has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Add creatine to your diet if not already. and make exercises daily

iviicrociot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iviicrociot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iviicrociot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iviicrociot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iviicrociot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iviicrociot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iviicrociot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iviicrociot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iviicrociot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iviicrociot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iviicrociot is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'm on like week 40 of a cut not 12 weeks (been cutting since 4/05/12) and have gone from 305lbs to 209. I've lifted as heavy as I could up until about 4 weeks ago when I got my first injury (left wrist), so I've had to go from doing a lot of dumbell arm lifts to machines that take the pressure off my wrist, and just started back on barbell curls with fat grips last night (can't preacher curl yet). I've pretty much had to cut out hammer curls, preacher curls, incline curls, tricep isolations, incline flies, lateral raises etc. and "compensating" with doing curls on the cable machine to atleast get a pump, lateral raises on a machine that puts the weight on my outer arm, tricep push machine, body weight dips, skullcrushers, etc.

Here's to hoping the wrist resolves itself sooner than later, about 50% atm... good news is the squats are still increasing.