Roosterfosho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Consistent groin pain while squatting

I don't squat a large amount at all, about my body weight (190 lbs) and I get consistent groin pain on both sides while squatting. I never get it while running, SOMETIMES during leg press, never with leg extensions, etc. ONLY when squatting. I'm 99% sure it's not my form though, I've went down in weight to do form checks with people at the gym etc. Could it just be my groin is strained and I should take a week off from squatting? Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Roosterfosho; 12-28-2012 at 02:03 PM.

ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Have a hernia?

Try not going down to deep, just act as if you are sitting, see if this reduces the pain a bit.

Can you still walk normal?

Originally Posted by Roosterfosho View Post
    I don't squat a large amount at all, about my body weight (190 lbs) and I get consistent groin pain on both sides while squatting. I never get it while running, SOMETIMES during leg press, never with leg extensions, etc. ONLY when squatting. I'm 99% sure it's not my form though, I've went down in weight to do form checks with people at the gym etc. Could it just be my groin is strained and I should take a week off from squatting? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Originally Posted by ktothewire View Post
    Have a hernia?

Try not going down to deep, just act as if you are sitting, see if this reduces the pain a bit.

Can you still walk normal?
    That's what I thought at first, possible hernia, but I've only been squatting for about 2 months. No pain when walking, no "bulge" of any type down there. I try to go really deep into the squats, also I've read that a wide stance may cause this? I'm really hoping it's not a hernia, but I don't think it could be that.

ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm no squat expert but I used to get groin pain by going to deep with to much weight. I never squatted wide personally. I try to stay squared.

==== COPY & PASTED ====
    Hiatal Hernia is one that is found inside the body and deals with the esphogus and stomach. Unlikely you would see it and with an Upper GI dye test it would be seen in an x-ray.

Umbilical Hernia is one that is found at the Umbilicus or Belly Button which would probably make your navel look distorted and might be detected with an x-ray.

Inguinal Hernia is one that is found in the groin area. It can happen only on one side or can involve both sides. Again,might be detected with x-ray.

Testicular Hernia is one that is found in the testicles. It too can happen only on one side or can involve both sides. Might be detected with x-ray.

One could also have a hernia at an old incision site which is called and Incisional Hernia. This is usually found at an incision site generally in the abdominal area.
    USMC.
    "If there’s no enemy within, the enemy outside can do us no harm."

speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I though hernia you will feel the pain regardless. not just squatting?

Originally Posted by speedjason View Post
    This.

I don't think I would get a hernia on both sides. It's possible, but I feel like it's very unlikely. Could it just be strain from being new to squatting?

speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    could be hip flexors.

klaery is just really nice. (+1000) klaery is just really nice. (+1000) klaery is just really nice. (+1000) klaery is just really nice. (+1000) klaery is just really nice. (+1000) klaery is just really nice. (+1000) klaery is just really nice. (+1000) klaery is just really nice. (+1000) klaery is just really nice. (+1000) klaery is just really nice. (+1000) klaery is just really nice. (+1000)
    Sounds like it could just be poor mobility. Does it feel muscular?
    Raw Lifts (IPF) = Squat-440 Bench-264(paused) Dead-551
    Raw Lifts (Gym)= Squat-440 Bench-270(paused) Dead-573
    Training: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=138990333&highlight=klaery

Originally Posted by speedjason View Post
    Hence why I asked if he can still walk normal.
    USMC.

This.

I don't think I would get a hernia on both sides. It's possible, but I feel like it's very unlikely. Could it just be strain from being new to squatting?
    Upload a video so we can see your form.
    USMC.

Originally Posted by klaery View Post
    Sounds like it could just be poor mobility. Does it feel muscular?
    This is where I get confused, back in high school I would get a sore groin very easily/often. Played football/baseball, but I've been stretching it before squatting. I do a mile warm up, stretch, warm up sets, stretch, work sets. I would say it feels muscular, yes.

Upload a video so we can see your form.
    I'll get a video up soon. I had a feel people check my form, but who knows if they're actually knowledgable enough to give me sound advice. Also, could switching to a smith machine take some strain off my groin?

I'll get a video up soon. I had a feel people check my form, but who knows if they're actually knowledgable enough to give me sound advice. Also, could switching to a smith machine take some strain off my groin?
    Would help you get your form corrected. Also, "people" who look like nerds or "people" who are seen doing squats and are well built?

Not everyone is solid knowledge people.
    USMC.

Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Let's see a video. I had a similar issue, turns out I was over compensating my lack of mobility with an overly wide stance causing the hip flexors to shoulder a larger weight than they should have to. Refined my stance and took a break, pain free since.
    We don't rise to the occasion, we fall to our level of training.

I was born a shotgun in my hands. Behind the gun I'll make my final stand and that's why they call me Bad Company

Sensible Liberals for Trump 2016 Crew

Would help you get your form corrected. Also, "people" who look like nerds or "people" who are seen doing squats and are well built?

Not everyone is solid knowledge people.
    People who were actually well built in my opinion. I personally hate when a "nerd" or someone small tries to give advice, that's why I come here for most of my questions. Not saying small people don't know anything, I just trust results better than what someone claims to know.

Originally Posted by Bumpus View Post
    Let's see a video. I had a similar issue, turns out I was over compensating my lack of mobility with an overly wide stance causing the hip flexors to shoulder a larger weight than they should have to. Refined my stance and took a break, pain free since.
    Will get a video up on Sunday or Monday. Thanks for all the responses guys, I appreciate it.

TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Those are your hip flexors and they get used while squatting. They are tiny muscles and they are the first ones to get overworked.

Eat a lot more food, get more sleep, and ice them a few times daily.

Turboxs23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Had a similar issue and started warming up with the hip adductor machine before squatting and it fixed my problem.