tjc74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Training/diet advice - Short term goal - Lean out while gaining muscle mass

Hello to all,

Been reading this forum for years gaining tid bits of good advice and now I would like take my traing to the next level. I am realistic, to accomplish this feat is probable not achivable but would like to make a best effort.

Short term goal - Lean out to about 10% and keep and or gain muscle mass by Jan 28th. (Honeymoon in Jamaca)
    My current form - 5/9 180lbs approx 15% body fat. (Looking to show a six pack or close to it by the date mentioned above.

My current work out..

- Training 4 to 5 days a week for 45 min to 1 hour each day. Just started warm ups before lifting (1 mile run/walk on treadmill).
    * Back and biceps (3 to 4 sets on each exercise)
    * chest and tricep (3 to 4 sets on each exercise)
    * Shoulders and Traps (3 to 4 sets on each exercise)
    * Legs (3 to 4 sets on each exercise)
    * Cardio/abs (Treadmill runnning and spead bag)

Typical Diet.. (Sups - Protien, Multi Vit., Creatine and just started taking LIPO6)

- 7:30AM Protein shake 25grams
    - 9:30AM Breakfast Oatmeal w/raisins and little sugar and weekends usaully eggs. Multi Vit
    - 12:00PM Luch consisting of leftover dinners <chicken, steak, fish with either white rice, potatoes, white pasta and a vegi> accasional roast beef rap>
    - 3:00PM Snakes consist of Beef Jerky, bananas, pistachios (sometimes a few Pringles)
    - 5:00PM Dinner consist of chicken, steak, fish with either white rice, potatoes, white pasta and a vegi
    - 7:00PM GYM - Creatine before I leave
    - 8:30PM Protein Shake
    - 10:00PM Snack consist of Beef Jerky, bananas, pistachios, sharp cheese (sometimes a few Pringles)
    - 11:30PM Sleep

Any advice would be great... Thank you!

tmd17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tmd17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tmd17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tmd17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tmd17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tmd17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tmd17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tmd17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tmd17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tmd17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tmd17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Read the stickies in the nutrition section in regards to calories and macros. Your diet is the most important especially when cutting.

Tough to give advice on training because I dont know what exercises you are doing / rep ranges / number of exercises etc. IMO I would put shoulders and legs together. No sense dedicating half a day to traps
    VELOCITY NUTRITION

Gym Rock Music - Spotify Playlist
    27k followers, 300+ songs

My current work out, I change exercises every 4 to 8 weeks but this is the latest. Also should mention I have a ruptured disk and herniated disk in my back and one herniated in my neck so I stay away from squats and dead lifts.

-- Training 4 to 5 days a week for 45 min to 1 hour each day. Just started warm ups before lifting (1 mile run/walk on treadmill).
    * Back and biceps - 3 to 4 sets/6 to 12 reps - (biceps - db curls and or cable curls) (Back - wide or close grip pullups, wide or close grip cable rows, backward flys)
    * chest and tricep - 3 to 4 sets/6 to 12 reps - (chest - Flat db press, cable standing incline and cable declines) (Triceps - cable pull downs and or dips)
    * Shoulders and Traps - 3 to 4 sets/6 to 12 reps - (Traps - db shrugs) (Shoulders - db military press, front and side db raises)
    * Legs (3 to 4 sets/6 to 8 reps - (Leg press, calves raises, hamstring curles, leg extensions) Just started doing lunges and db squats
    * Cardio/abs (20 minutes on Treadmill runnning and spead bag)

tmd17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tmd17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tmd17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tmd17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tmd17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tmd17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tmd17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tmd17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tmd17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tmd17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tmd17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Not bad, you could bump up the volume and add more exercises if you like. Depends on how you feel.
    VELOCITY NUTRITION

I have a feeling it has been my lack of cardio (did nothing until this past week) is why I retain some fat around my mid section and my diet could defininetly be improved. This is where I should probably focuss most of my attention now and continue lifting hard.
    When you say bump up volume I assume u mean reps?

Originally Posted by tjc74 View Post
    I have a feeling it has been my lack of cardio (did nothing until this past week) is why I retain some fat around my mid section and my diet could defininetly be improved. This is where I should probably focuss most of my attention now and continue lifting hard.
    When you say bump up volume I assume u mean reps?
    The reason you gained some fat is because you are taking in too many calories and not burning enough. By more volume I mean more sets or exercises.
    VELOCITY NUTRITION

Took your advice tonight added another exercise and continue to run before lifting.. Any other suggestions?

Also thinking about adding Barleans fresh flax oil or Barleans Highest lignan flax oil. Which to choose?