Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    zaz102 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unique Four Day Split? Goals?

Hello,

My girlfriend wants to change her routine for the new year. Having just started during the summer, I believe she has gained a pound or two of muscle while losing weight. She will be getting her body fat/lean body mass checked to confirm or deny this. Her stats the before working out were as follows:

Height: 5'8" | Weight: 147 lbs. | LBM: 113 lbs. | BF%: 23.4%

Since then, she has lost about 12 lbs. while her lifts have progressed. It is difficult for me to set goals for her as she seems to be progressing in fat loss and muscle building (for her goals) well. Her motivation is to have a body similar to a bikini model (like Amber Day). Any suggestions on stats to aim for (weight, lbm, and bf%)?

Anyway, here is her new split. Let me know if there's any days that should be switched or any changes you suggest.

Day 1: Chest & Triceps
    Day 2: Rest
    Day 3: Back & Biceps
    Day 4: Rest
    Day 5: Legs & Shoulders
    Day 6: Abs & Full-Body Circuit (Consists of very low resistance exercises)
    Day 7: Rest

Thanks!

wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by zaz102 View Post
    Hello,

My girlfriend wants to change her routine for the new year. Having just started during the summer, I believe she has gained a pound or two of muscle while losing weight. She will be getting her body fat/lean body mass checked to confirm or deny this. Her stats the before working out were as follows:

Height: 5'8" | Weight: 147 lbs. | LBM: 113 lbs. | BF%: 23.4%

Since then, she has lost about 12 lbs. while her lifts have progressed. It is difficult for me to set goals for her as she seems to be progressing in fat loss and muscle building (for her goals) well. Her motivation is to have a body similar to a bikini model (like Amber Day). Any suggestions on stats to aim for (weight, lbm, and bf%)?

Anyway, here is her new split. Let me know if there's any days that should be switched or any changes you suggest.

Day 1: Chest & Triceps
    Day 2: Rest
    Day 3: Back & Biceps
    Day 4: Rest
    Day 5: Legs & Shoulders
    Day 6: Abs & Full-Body Circuit (Consists of very low resistance exercises)
    Day 7: Rest

Thanks!
    Why not just read the sticky and pick a tried and tested program made by a pro? A split is a split but you haven't said what she's doing on each day?

sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Amanda Day is a fitness competitor is she not? Lots of bench pressing, gymnastics, squats, etc... yup.

Originally Posted by wakechica View Post
    Why not just read the sticky and pick a tried and tested program made by a pro? A split is a split but you haven't said what she's doing on each day?
    I have read the stickies and am far from a beginner lifter. I have two main reasons I am not doing a"tried and tested" routine. One is that she does not like every exercise (or is unable to do certain exercises) which eliminates many of the routine you speak of right off the bat. The second reason is she likes to workout with me and I currently prefer a split. Now I do not have any issues with this since I have reached my goals and am maintaining at this point, it keeps her interested, and she is producing results.

Here is what she will be doing each day:
    Note: All weight training is [3 Sets x 10 Reps] and circuit training is [3 Sets x 1 Minute per Exercise]

Chest & Triceps
    Exercise 1 - Chest (Compound) - Ex: Bench Press
    Exercise 2 - Chest (Incline) - Ex: Incline DB Bench Press
    Exercise 3 - Chest (Stretch) - Ex. Flat DB Fly
    Exercise 4 - Triceps (Compound) - Ex: Dip
    Exercise 5 - Triceps (Iso) - Ex: Skullcrushers

Back & Biceps
    Exercise 1 - Back (Vert) - Ex: T-Bar Row
    Exercise 2 - Back (Hor) - Ex: Wide-Grip Lat Pull-Down
    Exercise 3 - Back (Lower) - Ex. Hyperxtensions
    Exercise 4 - Biceps (Compound) - Ex: Chin-Up
    Exercise 5 - Biceps (Iso) - Ex: Preacher Curl

Legs & Shoulders
    Exercise 1 - Legs (Compound) - Ex: Squat
    Exercise 2 - Legs (Quad) - Ex: Leg Extension
    Exercise 3 - Legs (Hamstrings) - Ex. Leg Curl
    Exercise 4 - Shoulders (Push) - Ex: Military Press
    Exercise 5 - Shoulders (Pull) - Ex: Lateral DB Raise

Abs
    Exercise 1 - Abs (Upper) - Ex: Weighted Decline Situps
    Exercise 2 - Abs (Lower) - Ex: Weighted Hanging Leg Raise
    Circuit 1 - Squat / Push Up / Lunge / Close Grip Push Up / Superman
    Circuit 2 - Reverse Crunch / Upright Row / Twist Crunch / Reverse Fly / Crunch

wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Not enough legs. Deadlifts? Even SLDL would be better than leg curl. Or glute ham raises. Leg extension - why not do another squat variation on a different day instead of compiling it all on one, she won't get much benefit out of doing 2x quad exercises on the same day, why not put them on a different day. Much better leg exercises out there than leg ext and leg curl.

Squat - front/back/zerchers/Goblet
    GHR
    Weighted lunges
    Deadlift - normal/SLDL/Sumo etc.
    Even a leg press would be better that the leg extension.

If she did more compound leg she could ditch the ab workout.

Instead of lat pull downs do barbell/smith rows or PULL ups (assisted to begin with). You could cut a lot of that out by ditching the machines and doing free weights. Just sayin.

-ve pull ups, wide grip pull ups all work back/abs better than the lat pull down machine. I just think the last day is a bit wasted when she could be doing more compound or getting more accessory work in there.

Thumbs down

Not enough legs. Deadlifts? Even SLDL would be better than leg curl. Or glute ham raises. Leg extension - why not do another squat variation on a different day instead of compiling it all on one, she won't get much benefit out of doing 2x quad exercises on the same day, why not put them on a different day. Much better leg exercises out there than leg ext and leg curl.

Squat - front/back/zerchers/Goblet
    GHR
    Weighted lunges
    Deadlift - normal/SLDL/Sumo etc.
    Even a leg press would be better that the leg extension.

If she did more compound leg she could ditch the ab workout.

Instead of lat pull downs do barbell/smith rows or PULL ups (assisted to begin with). You could cut a lot of that out by ditching the machines and doing free weights. Just sayin.

-ve pull ups, wide grip pull ups all work back/abs better than the lat pull down machine. I just think the last day is a bit wasted when she could be doing more compound or getting more accessory work in there.
    Firstly, we agree that right now her legs do not need much more muscle mass so leg days will be kept to one day. Secondly, while I do love deadlifts and lunges and know they have plenty of benefits, she does not like them and although they may help her reach her goal quicker, they are not necessary. We are unable to do GHRs at our gym. Now I was thinking that a compound leg exercise followed by a quad isolated exercise makes sense.You believe it would be more beneficial to have Squat / Leg Press / Leg Curl?

Also, through experience I disagree that a more compound leg routine would build more mass in the abdominals than isolated ab routine. I really believe that a split works best with a mixture of compound and isolation exercises. Although compounds lift provide greater overall gains, you need isolation exercises to stimulate greater muscle growth for targeted areas.

While I agree that pull ups are superior to lat pulldowns, pull-ups and dumbbell exercises will be mixed in. I merely wrote in examples with the intention of mixing in barbell, machine, DB, smith, similar exercise, etc.

I do agree that the last day is almost wasted, but I am hoping that the circuit training will help a bit. Also, I can use it get in certain exercises that she does not like (albeit with low resistance) such as deadlifts and lunges. Do you think the circuit will hinder rest for muscle growth? Would adding a compound / accessory day hinder the rest period? If not, what kind of exercises (keep in mind legs except maybe 1 exercise is out)? Should any of the days be switched?

Thanks for your ideas so far.

superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If your gym doesn't have the equipment for GHRs, you can still do them kneeling on the floor- have her tuck her heels under a loaded barbell with the foam pad on it, or hold her legs.

Originally Posted by superja View Post
    If your gym doesn't have the equipment for GHRs, you can still do them kneeling on the floor- have her tuck her heels under a loaded barbell with the foam pad on it, or hold her legs.
    Thanks for the tip. We'll have to try it out.

muscle mass or fat.... just sayin'. Not doubting you..... but I doubt she's got enough muscle mass on her legs. Even I don't and I squat like hell.

Originally Posted by sonti View Post
    Amanda Day is a fitness competitor is she not? Lots of bench pressing, gymnastics, squats, etc... yup.
    ^This.

muscle mass or fat.... just sayin'. Not doubting you..... but I doubt she's got enough muscle mass on her legs. Even I don't and I squat like hell.

^This.
    Her legs are defined, but are not very muscular. Perhaps you prefer significantly more muscular legs, but she does not and I share her opinion. This is what I meant by my original statement.

Her legs are defined, but are not very muscular. Perhaps you prefer significantly more muscular legs, but she does not and I share her opinion. This is what I meant by my original statement.
    Ok then don't bother training legs then do it properly or not at all. She isn't going to get big by working her legs PROPERLY and there are greater benefits to squatting and dead lifting than just legs - upper body strength and development (back, arms), core strength and abs. Post pics. If she wants to look like Amber Day I think she needs to do proper legs workouts non of this half assed machine crap.

Ok then don't bother training legs then do it properly or not at all. She isn't going to get big by working her legs PROPERLY and there are greater benefits to squatting and dead lifting than just legs - upper body strength and development (back, arms), core strength and abs. Post pics. If she wants to look like Amber Day I think she needs to do proper legs workouts non of this half assed machine crap.
    Just because she does not want tree trunk legs does not mean she shouldn't train her legs nor is it a new concept to bodybuilding (classic physique and trap development). Perhaps using Amber Day as a reference was a bad idea as I was only trying to get across that she's more interested in a leaner physique over a muscular physique.

I'm more concerned about adjusting her new routine to account for proper rest time and achieving desired results. I agree with you on your stance on deadlifts, but I explained why she doesn't do them. I completely disagree that it is a half-assed routine, considering she will still be doing squats, nearly every important compound exercises (besides deadlifts) for each muscle group, and hitting each muscle group hard.

I understand and respect your perspective and eagerness to help, but sometimes goals and situations are different. If you feel that the routine is reprehensible, then don't respond. But if you feel like you can offer conducive input, please answer a few questions for me. I see you are 5'8", what's your goal lbm? How much lbm do you think an in-shape bikini model has? or the low-end fitness model? How about bf%? If you did a Chest/Tris, Back/Bis, Legs/Shoulders split and were forced to have a 4th day, what would you do? Does circuit/cross-fit training effect your strength two days later?

Thanks.

My workout is a large cycle based on compound lifts with accessory work.

I squat/DL/Bench/OHP on a cycle based over 4 days with a cycle of reps for each I only ever do each 3x/weekend vary I.e DLs, rack pull, deficit DL etc. it's a giant cycle and keeps entertained and is great over 4 days.
    4x1-3
    4x4-6
    4x8-12

Accessory work all 3x10-12 and the more isolated type exercises such a pull ups, cable work, DB work etc. - 90% upper body. Usually 4-6 exercises sometimes supersetted.

My legs are the leanest heave ever been so I don't think you /her should shy away from compound leg work for whatever reason. Not liking an exercise is not an excuse to not do them. We all have our hates/dislikes - you just have to get comfortable doing it. Mine is flyes - I can only do them with 4kg DBs but I still do them, not as much but in still throw them in. Why does she not like DL? She's missing out on a great compound that would really work her PC (SLDL). She's not going to get massive. The heavier I lift and the more I push myself the leaner I get. I don't have a target LBM. I'm keeping going until I'm happy - abs, shoulder definition , quad sweep, hamstring separation. I'm ~138lbs and have nearly 4 pack. I hold most ULBM (fat) on my thighs/ass. He heavier I lift the smaller my waist gets; 25.5lbs. I've just about got my shoulder to the same width as my hips.

I just think you could make a better 4 day split that's all. You posted for advice, I gave you mine. I'm sure someone else will chip in. You should make her get an account here. There's going to the gym and there's understanding the whys whats and hows. The more knowledge she had the better and more efficient she'll be and more attuned to doing what she needs to do to reach her goal. It's all good you training her etc but I think she needs to do some research/understanding -as you probably know.
    Last edited by wakechica; 12-28-2012 at 01:15 PM.

Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I follow the 4 day split in this thread.... About half way down the first page.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=120309781

The workouts start with compound exercises and then finish with isolation exercises. I have found it to be very good and it allows a single day to focus on back, chest and legs. I am always sore and I'm definitely noticing gains.

rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I have read the stickies and am far from a beginner lifter. I have two main reasons I am not doing a"tried and tested" routine. One is that she does not like every exercise (or is unable to do certain exercises) which eliminates many of the routine you speak of right off the bat. The second reason is she likes to workout with me and I currently prefer a split. Now I do not have any issues with this since I have reached my goals and am maintaining at this point, it keeps her interested, and she is producing results.

Here is what she will be doing each day:
    Note: All weight training is [3 Sets x 10 Reps] and circuit training is [3 Sets x 1 Minute per Exercise]

Chest & Triceps
    Exercise 1 - Chest (Compound) - Ex: Bench Press
    Exercise 2 - Chest (Incline) - Ex: Incline DB Bench Press
    Exercise 3 - Chest (Stretch) - Ex. Flat DB Fly
    Exercise 4 - Triceps (Compound) - Ex: Dip
    Exercise 5 - Triceps (Iso) - Ex: Skullcrushers

Back & Biceps
    Exercise 1 - Back (Vert) - Ex: T-Bar Row
    Exercise 2 - Back (Hor) - Ex: Wide-Grip Lat Pull-Down
    Exercise 3 - Back (Lower) - Ex. Hyperxtensions
    Exercise 4 - Biceps (Compound) - Ex: Chin-Up
    Exercise 5 - Biceps (Iso) - Ex: Preacher Curl

Legs & Shoulders
    Exercise 1 - Legs (Compound) - Ex: Squat
    Exercise 2 - Legs (Quad) - Ex: Leg Extension
    Exercise 3 - Legs (Hamstrings) - Ex. Leg Curl
    Exercise 4 - Shoulders (Push) - Ex: Military Press
    Exercise 5 - Shoulders (Pull) - Ex: Lateral DB Raise

Abs
    Exercise 1 - Abs (Upper) - Ex: Weighted Decline Situps
    Exercise 2 - Abs (Lower) - Ex: Weighted Hanging Leg Raise
    Circuit 1 - Squat / Push Up / Lunge / Close Grip Push Up / Superman
    Circuit 2 - Reverse Crunch / Upright Row / Twist Crunch / Reverse Fly / Crunch
    i have to say that i agree with what the others say. The leg day is pretty much useless, and its not like shes going to add a ton of mass to her legs overnight by properly training them, evn if she thinks her legs are currently "fine" there is more to maintenance than just doing two leg exercises and calling it done. This is obviously not a well thought out plan, i have issues with the rep scheme as well as the exercise choices and the split.

I agree that not liking an exercise is not a reason to do them, and if there are things that cant be preformed, then you should figure out why. For example, i had a client who presented with severe knee pain while squatting, the problem was not with the knees themselves (which were checked by a medical doc and cleared as no issues ) the problem was not that she could not squat, the issue was with weak overall musculature but especially posterier chain. So we spent weeks at what i consider "below basic" exercises strenghtening the things that needed work and now the client happily squats with no pain and is progressing nicely.

She can not be doing your split because she is not at your level or want your goals, you are trying to make a routine which makes very little sense just so you are not incovienced by her doing something else. you are maintaing and she is building, those are two things that require different thinking and very likely two different programs.

Also, i hate when people think that training a certain body part must mean that we all expect to have 30 inch thighs or what not.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

MPH, CPT and Nutrition and Wellness Coach

No one is going to care more about your progress than you. Everyone else is too busy chasing their own. You either do what you need to do to progress, or you remain where you are. The choice is yours.

VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz
    Begin by giving some idea why she should be doing a "split" in the first place. Has her workload exceeded her recovery ability?

Read this ---> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=139911893
    ☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.

sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Those "tree trunk" legs you see in any of these girl's avatars, you're looking at YEARS of heavy squatting and deadlifting. Seriously, you are massively underestimating the effort it takes to get to that level for a female. And drugs.

If it only took that little effort, we would have all quit years ago because it was so easy.

Those "tree trunk" legs you see in any of these girl's avatars, you're looking at YEARS of heavy squatting and deadlifting. Seriously, you are massively underestimating the effort it takes to get to that level for a female. And drugs.

If it only took that little effort, we would have all quit years ago because it was so easy.
    Hah, I missed the comment about 'tree trunk legs' earlier in this thread! Not yet met any girls who squats or deadlifts with tree trunk legs other than those who have fat to lose.

Thanks for the advice and information. I will need to check out some of the other splits offered to try and improve the current one. To respond to some of the posts, Rockangel, I think you are making bodybuilding more complicated than it is. I explained reasons why she has a split routine and why certain exercises won't be added, so I will not beat a dead horse. If results weren't coming, I think both of us would be more inclined to incorporate more leg work and deadlifts. I completely disagree that the leg day is useless and believe that focusing more on her legs may produce undesired results. You may have not seen women's leg blow up after doing a lot of squats and deadlifts, but I have. I really do believe it is a difference of perspective. Regardless, if her legs need focus, they will be focused on, but that is not a concern right now.
    Last edited by zaz102; 12-29-2012 at 05:37 AM.

Question.

What do you (&her) think of Chady Dunmore's physique? Is that "too big"? She is also 5'8 and about 135.

megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hah, I missed the comment about 'tree trunk legs' earlier in this thread! Not yet met any girls who squats or deadlifts with tree trunk legs other than those who have fat to lose.

Mine are no longer tree trunks...I used to think they were, until I lost a lot of fat and realized it was 50+% fat that made my legs look like "monster legs" <-- actual nickname in high school...

I started squatting heaving my freshman year of high school and quickly worked up to 3x8 working sets at 2 plates per side +....14 years later my legs still aren't as big as I want them.

Don't be fooled by "massive legs" or "my legs are too big already"...just sayin'. But I guess once she reduces body fat she may be satisfied, excellent, if not, then she'll just have to work even harder (after newbie gains are no longer possible) to bring up her lagging areas.

I guess all we are saying is don't let her newbie gains go to waste just because perception may be off. A lot of us have lived through "if I'd known then what I know now". I for one would've certainly had a different game plan.
    Coming out of "retirement"...Meg is training for a Figure competition...again!!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171008551&pagenumber=

My first ever training journal: Oh snap....Meg-O's training for a Figure comp...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139228463

VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz
    This thread has turned out as expected.

1. OP claims to be experienced, but asks for help from an internet forum.
    2. Basically ignores every piece of advice.

If your routine has to be tailored so heavily to the personal desires of your GF, then what's the use of asking for advice here? Also, you say she's doing a split because that's what you do, but that you've met your goals. Well, if you've met your goals and truly desire to help her out, why don't you change to a full-body routine or something that will be the most beneficial for her? After all, you're just maintaining.

☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.

Registered User BernadetMatassa's Avatar
    BernadetMatassa is just really nice. (+1000) BernadetMatassa is just really nice. (+1000) BernadetMatassa is just really nice. (+1000) BernadetMatassa is just really nice. (+1000) BernadetMatassa is just really nice. (+1000) BernadetMatassa is just really nice. (+1000) BernadetMatassa is just really nice. (+1000) BernadetMatassa is just really nice. (+1000) BernadetMatassa is just really nice. (+1000) BernadetMatassa is just really nice. (+1000) BernadetMatassa is just really nice. (+1000)
    I agree she might need more muscle on her legs but because she is a female I would have her do 2 days of legs a week. First day heavy lifting and lower reps more of a "pyramid" style , the second day more high reps toning exercises and plyo's..
    IFBB PRO ATHLETE
    Sponsored by VPX SPORTS

www.bernadettmatassa.com

********: http://www.********.com/pages/Bernadett-Matassa-Fansite/293739113830?fref=ts

Follow my blog on changing people's lives :
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150414163&p=995432333#post995432333

Follow my DAILY MOTIVATIONAL blog :

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149642443&p=979133743#post979133743

rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thanks for the advice and information. I will need to check out some of the other splits offered to try and improve the current one. To respond to some of the posts, Rockangel, I think you are making bodybuilding more complicated than it is. I explained reasons why she has a split routine and why certain exercises won't be added, so I will not beat a dead horse. If results weren't coming, I think both of us would be more inclined to incorporate more leg work and deadlifts. I completely disagree that the leg day is useless and believe that focusing more on her legs may produce undesired results. You may have not seen women's leg blow up after doing a lot of squats and deadlifts, but I have. I really do believe it is a difference of perspective. Regardless, if her legs need focus, they will be focused on, but that is not a concern right now.
    First, what she is experiencing in "results" is newb gains. Any person new to exercising is going to get some "results" by just getting off thier arse and working out. However, those "results" only go so far for so long, and by being on a dumb routine, you are limiting her "results". So to me just saying h shes getting results so i must know all and be doing this right" is a bunch of horse pattotie.

Im not making anything complicated, im simply telling you the routine is crap, makes no sense, and will only take your girl so far. Also, different goals means you need to work on those goals and training for one isnt always the best way for another. But what do i know, right?? I mean i only study the crap out of this stuff, its only my job to do this, and its not like i have not been mentored for years by people who have way more experience than both of us right??

So i think the time has come for you and your "girl" to either put up or shut up. Dont come on here asking for help, then poo poo allthe answers you get, giving excuses, and thinking you know it all. If you knew it all, then you wouldnt have to ask.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

No one is going to care more about your progress than you. Everyone else is too busy chasing their own. You either do what you need to do to progress, or you remain where you are. The choice is yours.

megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Well where are these genetic freaks? I need to know what they're doing... I sure wish my legs would blow up with just a little bit of squatting
    Coming out of "retirement"...Meg is training for a Figure competition...again!!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171008551&pagenumber=

My first ever training journal: Oh snap....Meg-O's training for a Figure comp...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139228463

Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Just for reference OP I've been squatting and deadlifting for 6 months. I've lost 6kg and at the moment I'm about 5kg heavier than my lightest every adult weight. However..... this is the important bit..... I am the smallest dress size that I have ever been. I'm fitting into jeans that were snug 10 years ago with room. I'm now a size 6 (US 2) which I have never been in my life. Compound lifts burn most calories so if she wants to lose weight then it seems silly not to incorporate them. She's not going to blow up and get massive. I've experienced noob gains and they have pretty much ceased. I can't increase weight like I used to.... It's a little at a time now. Muscle takes up a lot less room than fat for the same weight so she will look smaller. It's also nice to replace pancakes with a booty!

superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by megdaig View Post
    Well where are these genetic freaks? I need to know what they're doing... I sure wish my legs would blow up with just a little bit of squatting
    I know, right? I'm outgrowing shirts all the damn time, still wearing the same jean size. Working legs twice a week.

Want dem tree trunkssss.

Originally Posted by superja View Post
    I know, right? I'm outgrowing shirts all the damn time, still wearing the same jean size. Working legs twice a week.

Want dem tree trunkssss.
    Ive managed to put an inch on my legs so far this year, i will be lucky if even a quarter of that was muscle. I have now put on 2 inches in 3 years, damn my tree trunk legs!!!!
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

Send proof. Squatting and deadlifting heavier made me able to get into skinny jeans. Increasing the volume and intensity and pushing myself more made me even smaller. I have the best figure I've had in a long time, weigh about the same give or take a few pounds but can consistently wear a UK size 8.

You may think her legs are blowing up from squatting believe me it's gonna be fat. What's her diet and macros like?

I agree with everyone else: claims experience + comes on interwebs for advice + not having a clue about legs + rubbish split = not experienced

Why is your gf not asking the questions and getting the information? srs. Too many men sheltering their girls. Let them have the reins boys come on. Everyone who's posted here has EXPERIENCE. Majority are GIRLS who know how GIRLS function and how to yield results.

You keep flogging that dead horse OP. When your girl plateaus and doesn't get results she'll be back here herself. Listen to those in the know. Or let your gf come on here and get the info herself.

What I really want to know OP is do YOU deadlift?

Send proof. Squatting and deadlifting heavier made me able to get into skinny jeans. Increasing the volume and intensity and pushing myself more made me even smaller. I have the best figure I've had in a long time, weigh about the same give or take a few pounds but can consistently wear a UK size 8.

You may think her legs are blowing up from squatting believe me it's gonna be fat. What's her diet and macros like?

I agree with everyone else: claims experience + comes on interwebs for advice + not having a clue about legs + rubbish split = not experienced

Why is your gf not asking the questions and getting the information? srs. Too many men sheltering their girls. Let them have the reins boys come on. Everyone who's posted here has EXPERIENCE. Majority are GIRLS who know how GIRLS function and how to yield results.

You keep flogging that dead horse OP. When your girl plateaus and doesn't get results she'll be back here herself. Listen to those in the know. Or let your gf come on here and get the info herself.

What I really want to know OP is do YOU deadlift?
    OP says girl wants a bikini model physique, has bikini pro (Bernadet is bikini i believe) and competitors tell him to train legs, still wont listen. OP is the dead horse in this thread.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps