Thread: Squat rack

Rantonch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rantonch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rantonch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rantonch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rantonch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rantonch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rantonch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rantonch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rantonch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rantonch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rantonch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Squat rack

I'm on a very tight budget as my health insurance just quadrupled . Anyways, I workout at home and looking to make a squat rack. I will eventually get a legit squat rack once I can afford one. Does anyone have thoughts on how I can make one? My thoughts were to get two 4x4's or 6x6's cut to shoulder length with a v cut at the top for holding the bar. Place the 4x4's in two 5 gallon bucks filled with cement. Does anyone have a recommendation??

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Rantonch View Post
    I'm on a very tight budget as my health insurance just quadrupled . Anyways, I workout at home and looking to make a squat rack. I will eventually get a legit squat rack once I can afford one. Does anyone have thoughts on how I can make one? My thoughts were to get two 4x4's or 6x6's cut to shoulder length with a v cut at the top for holding the bar. Place the 4x4's in two 5 gallon bucks filled with cement. Does anyone have a recommendation??
    This topic (building a squat rack/stands) has been covered extensively in the 'equipment' forum. Do a forum 'search' there and you'll find what you're looking for.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Mr.Bill is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr.Bill is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr.Bill is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr.Bill is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr.Bill is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr.Bill is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr.Bill is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr.Bill is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr.Bill is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr.Bill is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr.Bill is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I can see what you are after here. I have seen squat stands really cheap on craigslist. I won't even bother telling you how cheap my power rack was that I got off CL.

Mr.Bill is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr.Bill is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr.Bill is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr.Bill is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr.Bill is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr.Bill is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr.Bill is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr.Bill is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr.Bill is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr.Bill is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr.Bill is a name known to all. (+5000)
    http://columbus.craigslist.org/spo/3488970257.html $35 you would spend more in lumber

http://columbus.craigslist.org/spo/3466074317.html looks like you could move the pins high enough to squat. Sell off the bench and its pretty much free.

http://columbus.craigslist.org/spo/3462462322.html this one comes with a 300# set. Sell the set and the rack is free

I can go on forever.

Prepare Perform Prevail SuicideGripMe's Avatar
    SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Just get a free standing squat stand. Brand new they're cheap. You don't need a rack really.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180003183&p=1635918623#post1635918623
    New Shanghai Log!

"225, 315, 405 whatever. Yeah these benchmark digits come to mean a lot to us, the few warriors in this arena. They are, however, just numbers. I'm guilty of that sh*t too, waiting for somebody to powder my nuts cuz I did 20 reps of whatever the **** on the bench. Big f*king deal. It is all relative." G Diesel

Rantonch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rantonch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rantonch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rantonch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rantonch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rantonch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rantonch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rantonch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rantonch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rantonch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rantonch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Using Craig's list is brilliant
    Last edited by Rantonch; 12-24-2012 at 08:24 PM.

Originally Posted by Mr.Bill View Post
    $35 you would spend more in lumber

Thanks, this is not to far from me.

Originally Posted by Mr.Bill View Post
    35 you would spend more in lumber

I can go on forever.
    I ended up getting the $35 squat stands today! Thanks for the look out!