cjam93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cjam93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cjam93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cjam93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cjam93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cjam93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cjam93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cjam93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cjam93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cjam93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cjam93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Should I bulk or cut? (pretty confused)

So I have been convinced that since I am just now getting back into going to the gym, I should be bulking. However over the last two days I have read a couple of articles that talk about how beginners can continue building muscle as well as lose fat during a cut. I do want to build muscle, however Im not as interested in the amount of weight that I can lift as I am how I look. I am 5ft10in, 163lbs, and according to a calculator online that I am not sure how accurate it is, I have 20% body fat.

So in that case if I am wanting to build muscle, but also loose my belly, which should I do first bulk or cut? I know that summer is coming, and I would prefer to be lean over the summer than heavy.

Finally if I should cut, how does one actually go about doing this? What I mean is, I know that I would begin to eat at a deficit in calories, but would I also need to work cardio? Right now I am going 3 days a week to the gym. On one day I do 3x8 squats, 3x8 bench press, 3x8 rows. The next day I do 3x8 dead lifts, 3x8 lat pulldowns, 3x8 overhead press. It basically goes like ABABAB ect..

I know this post is somewhat all over the place, and I am sorry about that, I just need some direction to go in as I am pretty confused at the moment. Thank you for the help!

edit: Sorry guys I know this question has been asked a lot on here. However as I have been searching around the forum for answers it seems most people my age are very skinny. The main reason I am unsure if bulking is the right way for me to go is that according the the online calculator, I am around 20% body fat. I wasnt sure if I should try to drop that down a good bit and then bulk, or say screw it Ill just regain it, bulk to 175-180 and then cut?

edit2: For some reason I said I go every other day, when I actually go 3 days a week. I was trying to say I do the same group of lifts every other visit to the gym.
    Last edited by cjam93; 12-27-2012 at 11:18 PM.

NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Pics please. no homer.
    Liverpool F.C.

RIP Bill Starr

Gunnnar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gunnnar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gunnnar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gunnnar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gunnnar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gunnnar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gunnnar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gunnnar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gunnnar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gunnnar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gunnnar will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    bulk...noobs need mass even if they have fat. :P

cjam93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cjam93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cjam93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cjam93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cjam93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cjam93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cjam93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cjam93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cjam93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cjam93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cjam93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sorry I had to space these out, it wouldnt let me post the links because I havent posted enough yet.

imgur . com/Zwza9

imgur. com/qGLZf

NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Bulk brah.
    Liverpool F.C.

RIP Bill Starr

JACrawford has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JACrawford has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JACrawford has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JACrawford has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JACrawford has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JACrawford has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JACrawford has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JACrawford has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JACrawford has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JACrawford has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JACrawford has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Starts with a B, ends in K and has UL in the middle.
    I'm back, bby - doubt you noticed

risetillidie is on a distinguished road. (+10) risetillidie is on a distinguished road. (+10) risetillidie is on a distinguished road. (+10) risetillidie is on a distinguished road. (+10) risetillidie is on a distinguished road. (+10) risetillidie is on a distinguished road. (+10) risetillidie is on a distinguished road. (+10) risetillidie is on a distinguished road. (+10) risetillidie is on a distinguished road. (+10) risetillidie is on a distinguished road. (+10) risetillidie is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Bulk.

The worst thing in your life will be when you finish a painful cut and you've worked so hard eating bull**** brown rice and..

You're too skinny.

Bulk.