Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Next couple projects for home gym - advice needed...

I have a large basement where I am using half of it for my home gym...probably about 14' wide by 20' long in gym area. The other half is bar, pool table, flatscreen, etc...we also have a brick porch off the basement that the previous owner converted into a jacuzzi room and enclosed. This opens up into pool table and bar area.

1) I am considering tearing out the carpet in the gym half and putting in some commercial gym flooring or some other kind of flooring to A) give me a better surface to lift on than carpet and make me feel better about dropping deadlifts which I now do on some of those puzzle piece tiles, and B) distinguish between the 2 halves of the basement just to improve the layout and look of my home gym. functionality, but also aesthetics, and to give me something to do because I love home improvement projects.

- has anyone done this, it seems like it would be relatively easy?

- Does anyone have any products they would suggest? I have of course googled and found a ton of products. Is there a thickness of rubber anyone would suggest?

- suggestions for where carpet and matting interface? use same strips like you do with tile or hardwood?

2) I have one whole wall thats mirror now, looking for ideas for the other wall. I don't want mirrors there too, and create a dizzying hall of mirrors effect. Also no posters, flags, banners, etc...want to keep it relatively nice and classy. anyone done anything cool on their walls? thoughts?

3) any other relatively easy and inexpensive items for home gyms? i.e. like a coat rack/shelf or something to hang bands, straps, belt from, keep chalk on?
    Stern Crew

rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Retoaded View Post
    I have a large basement where I am using half of it for my home gym...probably about 14' wide by 20' long in gym area. The other half is bar, pool table, flatscreen, etc...we also have a brick porch off the basement that the previous owner converted into a jacuzzi room and enclosed. This opens up into pool table and bar area.

1) I am considering tearing out the carpet in the gym half and putting in some commercial gym flooring or some other kind of flooring to A) give me a better surface to lift on than carpet and make me feel better about dropping deadlifts which I now do on some of those puzzle piece tiles, and B) distinguish between the 2 halves of the basement just to improve the layout and look of my home gym. functionality, but also aesthetics, and to give me something to do because I love home improvement projects.

- has anyone done this, it seems like it would be relatively easy?

- Does anyone have any products they would suggest? I have of course googled and found a ton of products. Is there a thickness of rubber anyone would suggest?

- suggestions for where carpet and matting interface? use same strips like you do with tile or hardwood?

2) I have one whole wall thats mirror now, looking for ideas for the other wall. I don't want mirrors there too, and create a dizzying hall of mirrors effect. Also no posters, flags, banners, etc...want to keep it relatively nice and classy. anyone done anything cool on their walls? thoughts?

3) any other relatively easy and inexpensive items for home gyms? i.e. like a coat rack/shelf or something to hang bands, straps, belt from, keep chalk on?
    1) Probably not what you are looking for, but stall mats are hard to beat as a surface to lift on and protect the flooring underneath.

2 &3) Why not consider making some sort of "gunrack" out of wood that you can mount on the wall and store your bars horizontally? You could make a second one that is a bit narrower to store lat pulldown attachments, and possibly another rack made of wood with pegs to hang other accessories on. You can do this inexpensively, tailor it to your room so that it doesn't look like crap, and it would be a great way to keep your floors uncluttered.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #29 []---[]
    []---[] York Barbell Club #59 []---[]
    []---[] Equipment Crew #48 []---[]
    l l---l l Rogue Barbell Club #3 l l---l l
    []---[] Mech6 Crew #9 []---[]

Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by rlundregan View Post
    1) Probably not what you are looking for, but stall mats are hard to beat as a surface to lift on and protect the flooring underneath.

2 &3) Why not consider making some sort of "gunrack" out of wood that you can mount on the wall and store your bars horizontally? You could make a second one that is a bit narrower to store lat pulldown attachments, and possibly another rack made of wood with pegs to hang other accessories on. You can do this inexpensively, tailor it to your room so that it doesn't look like crap, and it would be a great way to keep your floors uncluttered.
    yeah I know stall mats are good but i am looking at actually changing the flooring in the house for a professional look (oxymoron since I am not a professional flooring guy lol). thats probably our "forever" house so i am not worried about too much customization (making it hard to sell, etc), I want to make it perfect for us and do something relatively permanent.

second point, yeah should custom make something, thats a good idea.
    Stern Crew

rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yeah, I could tell that you were looking for something more permanent than stall mats, but I thought I would put them out there!

There was discussion just recently about horizontal bar storage, and someone included some good pics, but damned if I can find them. I'm wanting to say that Stasher1 built something for his gym not too long ago. Maybe he can post up some pics of his work (I think it was Stasher). I'm going to be moving soon, and hope to do the same thing on my walls, and I was going to try to pick his brain a bit.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #29 []---[]
    []---[] York Barbell Club #59 []---[]
    []---[] Equipment Crew #48 []---[]
    l l---l l Rogue Barbell Club #3 l l---l l
    []---[] Mech6 Crew #9 []---[]