Thread: Weak core

Steveaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steveaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steveaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steveaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steveaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steveaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steveaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steveaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steveaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steveaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steveaux will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Weak core

so I injured my shoulder a few months ago and have not trained in nearly 5 months. I am starting to do some cardio and ab work as I should be good to go next month.
    I noticed today my core was really weak. I know it's been awhile but I've been an athlete my whole life and didn't feel any different today than any other but man, I couldn't do many roman chairs. Getting older is the only answer I come up with. Has this happened to anyone out there?
    Time is relative, therefore......it's never too late.

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Get yourself set up on a solid lifting program focused on the compounds. Heavy compounds is what strengthens and builds a strong core.

All Pro’s Beginner Routine

http://simplebeginnerroutine.wikia.c...r_Routine_Wiki

StrongLifts 5 x 5

http://stronglifts.com/stronglifts-5...ining-program/

Starting Strength Routine

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw52.htm

Bill Star’s 5 x 5 Programs

http://oldschooltrainer.com/bill-starrs-5-x-5-training/
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    totally agree with above

just wanted to add things that I have found have helped me with core strenght in addition to Allpro and laterly 5 x 5

Planks
    Good Mornings
    Goblet squats with KBs
    side bends with KBs

These may not be in any or all of the above routines, but I have found adding them to my training beneficial
    ☻/
    /▌ Sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)
    / \

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by SteveWright1 View Post
    Planks
    Good Mornings
    Goblet squats with KBs
    side bends with KBs

These may not be in any or all of the above routines, but I have found adding them to my training beneficial
    Those are all good.^^

Planks
    Plank pushups
    Floor wipers
    Ab wheel
    Supermans
    Weighted russian twists
    V sit holds

So many options...
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

In it for the gainz RestoringTally's Avatar
    RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Steveaux View Post
    so I injured my shoulder a few months ago and have not trained in nearly 5 months. I am starting to do some cardio and ab work as I should be good to go next month.
    I noticed today my core was really weak. I know it's been awhile but I've been an athlete my whole life and didn't feel any different today than any other but man, I couldn't do many roman chairs. Getting older is the only answer I come up with. Has this happened to anyone out there?
    You have not trained in nearly 5 months and you wonder what happened? Get real. You are out of shape from inactivity, not from getting old.

You could have continued working out while letting your shoulder heal. Instead, it sounds like you let yourself go. The above exercises are good for your core, but it sounds like you need to work more than just your core.

Time to start over and get back into shape. There are a lot of things you can do until your shoulder is fully healed. You can do lower body work with machines. You can do light weight upper body or isolation exercises without aggravating most shoulder problems.

Steveaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steveaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steveaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steveaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steveaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steveaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steveaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steveaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steveaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steveaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steveaux will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    thanks for the tips, guys (and gals). I've done starting strong and thought that I would go that route again; I'm actually not too out of shape from working on my feet and eating mostly clean but will work in some of the other suggestions. Preesh!

thanks for the tips, guys (and gals). I've done starting strong and thought that I would go that route again; I'm actually not too out of shape from working on my feet and eating mostly clean but will work in some of the other suggestions. Preesh!