gs425e will become famous soon enough. (+50) gs425e will become famous soon enough. (+50) gs425e will become famous soon enough. (+50) gs425e will become famous soon enough. (+50) gs425e will become famous soon enough. (+50) gs425e will become famous soon enough. (+50) gs425e will become famous soon enough. (+50) gs425e will become famous soon enough. (+50) gs425e will become famous soon enough. (+50) gs425e will become famous soon enough. (+50) gs425e will become famous soon enough. (+50)

training whilst on bp/hypertensive meds

can you still weight train heavy whilst on blood pressure/hypertensive medication..?

does any do it....?

as im about to be put on...one again...after 10 years of a radical 5 drug hypertensive therapy having an adrenal tumour..which was removed..and i was withdrawn from my medication so i starting training to regain fitness etc...but now it looks like i have a recurring b/p problem again...will it mean i cannot train again...

orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Well, I do, but what does your doctor say? It may depend on severity, history, type/dosage of med, and so on.

dharlow410 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dharlow410 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dharlow410 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dharlow410 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dharlow410 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dharlow410 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dharlow410 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dharlow410 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dharlow410 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dharlow410 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dharlow410 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    definitely talk to your Dr. everyone's situation could be different. However being on BP medication is not a "No more Gym" prescription..(usually)

dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I was on atenolol and hctz. Was warned that the atenolol "could" interfere with my training by making me feel sluggish and such, but it never did. I don't know why you say you won't be able to train again - that's a very old school of thought unless you have other health issues you're not disclosing.
    A successful woman is one who can build a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at her

my metabolic repair/bulking-training journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=134394501

MHANSARD is on a distinguished road. (+10) MHANSARD is on a distinguished road. (+10) MHANSARD is on a distinguished road. (+10) MHANSARD is on a distinguished road. (+10) MHANSARD is on a distinguished road. (+10) MHANSARD is on a distinguished road. (+10) MHANSARD is on a distinguished road. (+10) MHANSARD is on a distinguished road. (+10) MHANSARD is on a distinguished road. (+10) MHANSARD is on a distinguished road. (+10) MHANSARD is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Red face

I train on blood pressure and cholesterol meds with no problem. If anything they help me with my running when I do cardio. They do make me feel a little sluggish when u take them so to fix this I take them both at night around bed time.
    I'm just loving life. That's what it's all about in the end anyway.

MuscledHorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscledHorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscledHorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscledHorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscledHorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscledHorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscledHorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscledHorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscledHorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscledHorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscledHorse will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yes you can train on blood pressure medications. In fact, you will find that exercise will improve your condition and often (but not always) remove the need for drug control of blood pressure or decrease the amount of medicaiont needed to maintain control. Unless you are having heart rate irregularities, I would suggest you require your doctor to NOT put you on beta-blockers (metoprolol, atenolol or anything else ending in "olol") as those blunt your body's ability to respond to changes in position because they keep the blood vessels dialated. According to national hypertension treatment standards (JNC-7) first line treatment is a thiazide diuretic (e.g. hydrocholorothiazide) and/or an ACE Inhibitor (anything ending in "pril" like lisinopril) or an ARB (losartan or any other "sartan").

In addition I would recommend you decaffinate your life and avoid pre-workout drinks as these are loaded with caffeine and that drives up your blood pressure. DItto that fordark sodas (including Mountain Dew) and energy drinks like "Rock Star."

[And to avoid anyone jupming on me for giving medical advice: In addition to being an NASM certified trainer I am also a Dr. of Pharmacy]
    You want to fly faster and further but Perfection cannot be plotted because every chart or graph is a limitation. Perfect speed, my son, is being there. You must stop seeing yourself as a limited gull with a 42" wingspan. -- Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Always do your best, be impeccable with your word, don't take things personally and don't make assumptions. -- The Four Agreements