rbsx is just really nice. (+1000) rbsx is just really nice. (+1000) rbsx is just really nice. (+1000) rbsx is just really nice. (+1000) rbsx is just really nice. (+1000) rbsx is just really nice. (+1000) rbsx is just really nice. (+1000) rbsx is just really nice. (+1000) rbsx is just really nice. (+1000) rbsx is just really nice. (+1000) rbsx is just really nice. (+1000)

Losing my motivation because of my injury - gimme some support bros.

2.5 years ago I was 25% bodyfat and 215 pounds. The stress of one of my previous relationships turned me into a total fat ass. I got fat, sweaty, my health went to ****.

Gradually over the next year and a half I got myself down to around 188 with 17% body fat, my lifts were improving, was making progress, and then I subluxated my t1-t6 vertebrae (some moreso than others) and subsequently ****ed my rotator cuff. This was all an existing injury but because I'd never exerted myself or done any sort of intense activities which would cause symptoms to emerge, I just never noticed. Since May I've been getting treatment but solving one problem just revealed another cause which needed to be treated.

4 months ago, the pain in my left anterior deltoid, pec, and bicep became so intense as a result of spinal/torso rotation, that I had to stop working my upper body completely. I've done my best to keep in shape, linear squats, deadlifts, legs, limited back work... but I'm starting to become a fatass again. Stress, exams, writing final papers, and the Christmas gorge has not helped my waistline. My physical activity (or lack thereof) hasn't been able to compensate.

8 months of treatment, feeling like a fatass, fuaaaaaaa.... last week my spine released for the first time in as long as I can remember - it felt great, then I bent over to pick something up, put the vertebrae out of place again.

Just so ****ing frustrated - it was like heavenly bliss for 2-3 days... then poof.. gone. All that hard work, effort, energy, time, sacrifice, poof.. just ****ing gone. Not to mention all the money for all the treatment.

I just want to get back to being active. So pissed off.

PJRolls has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PJRolls has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PJRolls has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PJRolls has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PJRolls has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PJRolls has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PJRolls has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PJRolls has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PJRolls has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PJRolls has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PJRolls has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Set small goals and stick to them no matter what.
    What exercises can you do? Swimming? Weights? Skipping?
    Find wheys to work with what you got

dtown3411 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtown3411 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtown3411 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtown3411 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtown3411 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtown3411 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtown3411 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtown3411 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtown3411 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtown3411 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtown3411 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    with back problems you are going to have to work around that, if you feel some days your back is hurting then take a break from lifting..
    walk on the treadmill, find a way to beat the issue not quit because of it.

You could even take the challenge of mastering your diet without working out...
    you can force yourself to lift but your going to end up right where you started with an aggravated back...
    I'm no doctor but like the person above stated small goals.
    U had to crawl before you could walk.
    U can accomplish small goals before heading onto greater goals
    Sometimes I like to lay on the floor and pretend to be a carrot

rbsx is just really nice. (+1000) rbsx is just really nice. (+1000) rbsx is just really nice. (+1000) rbsx is just really nice. (+1000) rbsx is just really nice. (+1000) rbsx is just really nice. (+1000) rbsx is just really nice. (+1000) rbsx is just really nice. (+1000) rbsx is just really nice. (+1000) rbsx is just really nice. (+1000) rbsx is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by dtown3411 View Post
    with back problems you are going to have to work around that, if you feel some days your back is hurting then take a break from lifting..
    walk on the treadmill, find a way to beat the issue not quit because of it.

you can force yourself to lift but your going to end up right where you started with an aggravated back...
    I'm no doctor but like the person above stated small goals.
    U had to crawl before you could walk.
    U can accomplish small goals before heading onto greater goals
    The problem isn't working through the pain - the pain.. is manageable - it manifests itself in my shoulder and left pec region. The problem is that it aggravates a muscle imbalance e.g. nothing in my middle back gets trained, my pec, left trap, left lat end up getting over trained which makes pushing my spine back into place far more challenging. As those muscles get overtrained, they continue to pull the spine out of place.

Can't really do anything that involves training the back right now because I've got to keep my back muscles loose for more chiro adjustments.

I'm gonna stick with doing my leg routine and running to do some physical exercise, but man, watching my gains fade over the last few months makes me angry.

Jag15 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jag15 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jag15 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jag15 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jag15 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jag15 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jag15 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jag15 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jag15 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jag15 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jag15 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    use this as motivation, you will just come back mentally stronger

dvo73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dvo73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dvo73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dvo73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dvo73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dvo73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dvo73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dvo73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dvo73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dvo73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dvo73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by dtown3411 View Post

This. Keeping my diet in check when i cant workout due to injury or away from the gym, i find helps alot on the mental side of things.

ReyJay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReyJay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReyJay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReyJay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReyJay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReyJay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReyJay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReyJay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReyJay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReyJay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReyJay has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    The Gods of Mt. Olympus are testing your faith. Remember that he human body works psycho-physically, don't let yourself fall into depression and stress (cortisol, aka stress hormone = more fat, less muscle). Start thinking positively...

AutumnOwl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AutumnOwl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AutumnOwl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AutumnOwl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AutumnOwl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AutumnOwl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AutumnOwl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AutumnOwl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AutumnOwl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AutumnOwl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

Originally Posted by rbsx View Post
    2.5 years ago I was 25% bodyfat and 215 pounds. The stress of one of my previous relationships turned me into a total fat ass. I got fat, sweaty, my health went to ****.

Gradually over the next year and a half I got myself down to around 188 with 17% body fat, my lifts were improving, was making progress, and then I subluxated my t1-t6 vertebrae (some moreso than others) and subsequently ****ed my rotator cuff. This was all an existing injury but because I'd never exerted myself or done any sort of intense activities which would cause symptoms to emerge, I just never noticed. Since May I've been getting treatment but solving one problem just revealed another cause which needed to be treated.

4 months ago, the pain in my left anterior deltoid, pec, and bicep became so intense as a result of spinal/torso rotation, that I had to stop working my upper body completely. I've done my best to keep in shape, linear squats, deadlifts, legs, limited back work... but I'm starting to become a fatass again. Stress, exams, writing final papers, and the Christmas gorge has not helped my waistline. My physical activity (or lack thereof) hasn't been able to compensate.

8 months of treatment, feeling like a fatass, fuaaaaaaa.... last week my spine released for the first time in as long as I can remember - it felt great, then I bent over to pick something up, put the vertebrae out of place again.

Just so ****ing frustrated - it was like heavenly bliss for 2-3 days... then poof.. gone. All that hard work, effort, energy, time, sacrifice, poof.. just ****ing gone. Not to mention all the money for all the treatment.

I just want to get back to being active. So pissed off.
    Sending a lot of positive energy you way!!!
    Hit me up!
    Twitter @TheMentalScribe
    ******** ********.com/thementalscribe
    Wordpress: thementalscribe.wordpress.com

0nizuka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There is no denying it, injuries will always be a part of lifting, the real strength comes from our willingness to move forward after being knocked down