Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    LivConstantine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LivConstantine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LivConstantine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LivConstantine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LivConstantine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LivConstantine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LivConstantine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LivConstantine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LivConstantine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LivConstantine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LivConstantine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Smile Vegetarian Meal Plans?

Hi all,

I am 21 years old, looking to fulfill a dream of mine in becoming a fitness model. Yep, I got a long way to go.

Unfortunately, I noticed a lot of meal plans are based on very animal products and I happen to be a vegetarian.

How can I still progress and gain lean body mass while still being a vegetarian?

Also, is it just me or is it extremely hard to eat a balanced meal in the morning? One thing I have always struggled with is having an appetite in the morning. It's extremely difficult for me to eat carbohydrates such as bread in the morning. I normally turn to my juicer because its just easier on my stomach. Suggestions??

I also want to add that I am two semesters away from graduating with a bachelors of science in dietetics! So that being said, I want factual information. Not the "he said, she said" stuff. I love when suggestions are backed up with primary research!

Thanks all!! Hope you all can help me out some.

RetBodyBuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RetBodyBuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RetBodyBuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RetBodyBuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RetBodyBuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RetBodyBuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RetBodyBuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RetBodyBuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RetBodyBuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RetBodyBuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RetBodyBuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by LivConstantine View Post
    Hi all,

I am 21 years old, looking to fulfill a dream of mine in becoming a fitness model. Yep, I got a long way to go.

Unfortunately, I noticed a lot of meal plans are based on very animal products and I happen to be a vegetarian.

How can I still progress and gain lean body mass while still being a vegetarian?

Also, is it just me or is it extremely hard to eat a balanced meal in the morning? One thing I have always struggled with is having an appetite in the morning. It's extremely difficult for me to eat carbohydrates such as bread in the morning. I normally turn to my juicer because its just easier on my stomach. Suggestions??

I also want to add that I am two semesters away from graduating with a bachelors of science in dietetics! So that being said, I want factual information. Not the "he said, she said" stuff. I love when suggestions are backed up with primary research!

Thanks all!! Hope you all can help me out some.
    All I can say is you can with adequate amount of protein from milk based foods and whey which are vegetarian in addition to eating your veggies and grain.

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Out of curiosity, what is your reason for the vegetarian diet?

LivConstantine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LivConstantine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LivConstantine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LivConstantine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LivConstantine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LivConstantine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LivConstantine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LivConstantine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LivConstantine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LivConstantine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LivConstantine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by acrawlingchaos View Post
    Out of curiosity, what is your reason for the vegetarian diet?
    Animal rights. After much research, as well as a research project I conducted for a college course, I realized that animals have rights too.

These days, it is hard for me to trust where my food is coming from even if it is organic meat. I'm all about the free-range, organic fed animals! Also, has anyone noticed how cute and smart pigs are ^_^? Who could eat such a creature?

Originally Posted by RetBodyBuilder View Post
    All I can say is you can with adequate amount of protein from milk based foods and whey which are vegetarian in addition to eating your veggies and grain.
    Yeah, I was taught to use the 0.8 g of protein/kg of body weight. I noticed back in high school when I consumed a lot of protein I actually gained a lot of weight. I suppose I was not utilizing the protein correctly and it was converting to fat. My biggest challenge I face is eating enough...my stomach is extremely sensitive, and my palate needs to adjust!

sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Are you vegetarian or vegan?

Vegetarian is easy enough (greek yogurt, cottage cheese, eggs can easily add up to sufficient calories and protein - if you choose full fat greek yogurt and whole eggs then your fat content is also super easy to get).

Vegans (no animal products usually for ethical reasons) is harder. Full fat coconut milk is high in calories, beans for protein, but for higher protein content then rice or soy/hemp protein supplement powders is probably your easiest source.

What do you mean protein not used correctly and turning to fat? That doesn't make sense. Too much calories makes fat. If you are 5'7 and 115lbs, then it is a lack of muscle mass and/or bloating, not fat.

sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Have you gone through a medical evaluation? If you can't handle even bread in the morning then this is either a case of some IBS or other digestive problems ... or perhaps stomach problems from years of undereating.

whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you use protein powder, and have digestive issues, you might find myofusion's probiotic series beneficial. It's designed to promote digestive balance, and immune health. It's not as sweet as other powders, so it might be perfect to start your day with, mixed with some soy milk.

Originally Posted by whatevergirl View Post
    If you use protein powder, and have digestive issues, you might find myofusion's probiotic series beneficial. It's designed to promote digestive balance, and immune health. It's not as sweet as other powders, so it might be perfect to start your day with, mixed with some soy milk.
    That actually sounds awesome! Thank you so much for your reply. I will definitely have to research that up. I'm getting real serious about working out, and due to my school schedule I am forced to wake up around 6 am to hit the gym. This sounds like a great way to start the day!

Smile

Originally Posted by sonti View Post

Vegetarian is easy enough (greek yogurt, cottage cheese, eggs can easily add up to sufficient calories and protein - if you choose full fat greek yogurt and whole eggs then your fat content is also super easy to get).

Vegans (no animal products usually for ethical reasons) is harder. Full fat coconut milk is high in calories, beans for protein, but for higher protein content then rice or soy/hemp protein supplement powders is probably your easiest source.

What do you mean protein not used correctly and turning to fat? That doesn't make sense. Too much calories makes fat. If you are 5'7 and 115lbs, then it is a lack of muscle mass and/or bloating, not fat.
    I've taken a year of metabolism courses. As I stated I'm a dietetics major and will be completing my dietetics internship sometime this year. Protein is converted into fat when not utilized. Human beings do not store protein in the body, so then how does the body store protein if there is an excessive amount? The answer is as triglycerides in the adipose tissue. We are a nation of obesity and if you look at the typical American diet is loaded with saturated fat and protein. A recipe for disaster in excess. I don't want to go through the mechanisms, but if you want you can message me and I can crack open the good 'ol textbook again. Also, prior to attending college I was 130-135, I slimmed down just by changing my eating habits. Unfortunately, with any weight loss there is always muscle loss. No matter if you are category III obese or an average weight.

I am a vegetarian and was just curious for a possible set meal plan. I appreciate your response, but was looking for something more specific to follow. I think my issue is timing. I always feel hungry as I eat so little and I'm awful with timing my meals due to my tight schedule. I'm on campus all day long, so it's difficult to bring fresh ingredients without them tasting rancid within a couple of hours. Know what I mean?

As for IBS, yeah I probably have it, but all a doctor can do is diagnosis me and have me carry along. Not much you can do for IBS, except avoid certain things that possibly trigger it. Unfortunately, waking up early and having a sip of water triggers it. I talked to a professor of mine, and he said its possible I just digest things very slowly (not sure how true that is). I suppose a medical eval wouldn't be a terrible idea, but it's not really something that's taken that seriously. I'm not losing weight so I think it's safe to say I'm pretty okay (cross my fingers).

Last edited by LivConstantine; 12-27-2012 at 12:09 PM.

Here is a primary study conducted by Bilsborough S, Mann N. and is published in the International Journal of Sports Nutrition, Exercise, and Metabolism:
    Considerable debate has taken place over the safety and validity of increased protein intakes for both weight control and muscle synthesis. The advice to consume diets high in protein by some health professionals, media and popular diet books is given despite a lack of scientific data on the safety of increasing protein consumption. The key issues are the rate at which the gastrointestinal tract can absorb amino acids from dietary proteins (1.3 to 10 g/h) and the liver's capacity to deaminate proteins and produce urea for excretion of excess nitrogen. The accepted level of protein requirement of 0.8g x kg(-1) x d(-1) is based on structural requirements and ignores the use of protein for energy metabolism. High protein diets on the other hand advocate excessive levels of protein intake on the order of 200 to 400 g/d, which can equate to levels of approximately 5 g x kg(-1) x d(-1), which may exceed the liver's capacity to convert excess nitrogen to urea. Dangers of excessive protein, defined as when protein constitutes > 35% of total energy intake, include hyperaminoacidemia, hyperammonemia, hyperinsulinemia nausea, diarrhea, and even death (the "rabbit starvation syndrome"). The three different measures of defining protein intake, which should be viewed together are: absolute intake (g/d), intake related to body weight (g x kg(-1) x d(-1)) and intake as a fraction of total energy (percent energy). A suggested maximum protein intake based on bodily needs, weight control evidence, and avoiding protein toxicity would be approximately of 25% of energy requirements at approximately 2 to 2.5 g x kg(-1) x d(-1), corresponding to 176 g protein per day for an 80 kg individual on a 12,000kJ/d diet. This is well below the theoretical maximum safe intake range for an 80 kg person (285 to 365 g/d).

CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I've taken a year of metabolism courses. As I stated I'm a dietetics major and will be completing my dietetics internship sometime this year. Protein is converted into fat when not utilized. Human beings do not store protein in the body, so then how does the body store protein if there is an excessive amount? The answer is as triglycerides in the adipose tissue. We are a nation of obesity and if you look at the typical American diet is loaded with saturated fat and protein. A recipe for disaster in excess. I don't want to go through the mechanisms, but if you want you can message me and I can crack open the good 'ol textbook again. Also, prior to attending college I was 130-135, I slimmed down just by changing my eating habits. Unfortunately, with any weight loss there is always muscle loss. No matter if you are category III obese or an average weight.

I am a vegetarian and was just curious for a possible set meal plan. I appreciate your response, but was looking for something more specific to follow. I think my issue is timing. I always feel hungry as I eat so little and I'm awful with timing my meals due to my tight schedule. I'm on campus all day long, so it's difficult to bring fresh ingredients without them tasting rancid within a couple of hours. Know what I mean?

As for IBS, yeah I probably have it, but all a doctor can do is diagnosis me and have me carry along. Not much you can do for IBS, except avoid certain things that possibly trigger it. Unfortunately, waking up early and having a sip of water triggers it. I talked to a professor of mine, and he said its possible I just digest things very slowly (not sure how true that is). I suppose a medical eval wouldn't be a terrible idea, but it's not really something that's taken that seriously. I'm not losing weight so I think it's safe to say I'm pretty okay (cross my fingers).

I'll let more knowledgeable board members comment on the other parts of your post but I wanted to address the bolded sections. If you are a dietetics major I'm assuming you are planning on becoming a dietician. Don't you think it's a bit odd to be asking on an internet message board for meal plans instead of putting your schooling to good use by designing your own meal plan?
    My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140511571

ProMera Pump Extreme Log with IrishLassie78: COMPLETED

*TEAM AMAZON* -- Sisterhood of Iron

Originally Posted by CathyVee View Post
    I'll let more knowledgeable board members comment on the other parts of your post but I wanted to address the bolded sections. If you are a dietetics major I'm assuming you are planning on becoming a dietician. Don't you think it's a bit odd to be asking on an internet message board for meal plans instead of putting your schooling to good use by designing your own meal plan?
    I knew someone would ask that haha. Honestly, I'm just lazy. It takes a while to count everything out, and make sure everything is balanced. I am sure if I saw some examples of vegetarian body building meal plans I would be able to kind of pick and choose what I'd like to incorporate into what I already eat. It seems whatever I do eat keeps me lean, but is it adequate enough to sustain my muscle growth? That I am not sure! One of the last courses I am taking will be nutrition and sport (I'm so excited)! Maybe I'll learn how to feed my body just right. I am no expert at the moment by all means! It just makes me cringe when people think protein is the only thing that is essential for muscle growth. I am very wary of supplements too...As of now anyway, I am not lifting at a competitive level to even think about touching supplements. Whole-foods for the win!

Also, I do plan on getting my RD, but I also want to be a PA.

I knew someone would ask that haha. Honestly, I'm just lazy. It takes a while to count everything out, and make sure everything is balanced. I am sure if I saw some examples of vegetarian body building meal plans I would be able to kind of pick and choose what I'd like to incorporate into what I already eat. It seems whatever I do eat keeps me lean, but is it adequate enough to sustain my muscle growth? That I am not sure! One of the last courses I am taking will be nutrition and sport (I'm so excited)! Maybe I'll learn how to feed my body just right. I am no expert at the moment by all means! It just makes me cringe when people think protein is the only thing that is essential for muscle growth. I am very wary of supplements too...As of now anyway, I am not lifting at a competitive level to even think about touching supplements. Whole-foods for the win!

Also, I do plan on getting my RD, but I also want to be a PA.
    I wanted to add though, most dietetic courses teach you how to treat patients, alleviate disease-state symptoms ], and prevent chronic diseases. A lot of my courses seemed to be focused around obesity, diabetics and/or renal failure, heart disease (that's a huge problem in our country), and cancer. We don't really dive into body building or athletics too much. Most RDs do not specialize in sports nutrition as there really is no population for it.

Location: London, State / Province, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Protein is converted into fat when not utilized. Human beings do not store protein in the body, so then how does the body store protein if there is an excessive amount? The answer is as triglycerides in the adipose tissue. We are a nation of obesity and if you look at the typical American diet is loaded with saturated fat and protein.
    - The reason humans can exist without any carbs is that the body can use fat or protein for fuel where carbs would normally be preferable, such as for brain function. Google 'protein sparing fast'. ANY macronutrient will be stored as fat if there are an excess of calories being consumed and a lack of stimulus to build new muscle.
    - The typical American diet is really NOT loaded with protein, but with excess calories, calorie dense high GI foods and simple carbs which, when the person in question is not knowledgeable about nutrition, are likely to contribute to fat gain unless paired with a smart resistance-based exercise regime.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155881453

EllenRipley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EllenRipley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EllenRipley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EllenRipley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EllenRipley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EllenRipley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EllenRipley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EllenRipley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EllenRipley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EllenRipley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EllenRipley has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I am a vegetarian though I eat fish - there were a specific term for those. The thickest one I can stand is trout but I force myself to eat salmon. I try to eat fish at least once per week. But I have a lot of beans and lentils. Also tofu but I heard too much tofu is not good for the thyroid so now technically I'm mostly on beans. Also protein powder. I gained a LOT of muscle with these foods.
    you are what you eat

Originally Posted by happyplace View Post
    - The reason humans can exist without any carbs is that the body can use fat or protein for fuel where carbs would normally be preferable, such as for brain function. Google 'protein sparing fast'. ANY macronutrient will be stored as fat if there are an excess of calories being consumed and a lack of stimulus to build new muscle.
    - The typical American diet is really NOT loaded with protein, but with excess calories, calorie dense high GI foods and simple carbs which, when the person in question is not knowledgeable about nutrition, are likely to contribute to fat gain unless paired with a smart resistance-based exercise regime.
    "The average man in the US eats 175% more protein than the
    recommended daily allowance and the average woman eats 144%
    more." --Surgeon General's Report on Nutrition and Health, 1988

This was quoted in 1988, I can not even imagine what the percentage is now. If you are interested, read the "China Study." It talks about industrialized nations consuming excess amounts of protein. They believe excess consumption of ANIMAL-protein is correlated with cancer, heart disease, etc.

Originally Posted by EllenRipley View Post
    I am a vegetarian though I eat fish - there were a specific term for those. The thickest one I can stand is trout but I force myself to eat salmon. I try to eat fish at least once per week. But I have a lot of beans and lentils. Also tofu but I heard too much tofu is not good for the thyroid so now technically I'm mostly on beans. Also protein powder. I gained a LOT of muscle with these foods.
    The specific term is pescatarian. Thank you for the reply! I will definitely try out the protein powder. Are you taking whey isolate or concentrate? I am not sure about the thyroid problem, but as we all know anything in excess is bad. So I am certain there is some small truth to that. I could definitely research it!

Location: London, State / Province, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

This was quoted in 1988, I can not even imagine what the percentage is now. If you are interested, read the "China Study." It talks about industrialized nations consuming excess amounts of protein. They believe excess consumption of ANIMAL-protein is correlated with cancer, heart disease, etc.

The recommended protein levels for the average American are painfully inadequate. Seriously, if you think eating protein makes you fat, go elsewhere - you're unlikely to get any support on this site.

Regarding the China Study, I don't even know whe to begin, but I suggest you try here:

http://rawfoodsos.com/the-china-study/

Enjoy that.

For the record, I am an ex-vegetarian and only started eating meat again due to gluten and dairy allergies. But I hate when people give vegetarians a bad name by quoting outdated studies and irrelevant statistics. Especially on a bodybuilding site.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155881453

Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000)

This was quoted in 1988, I can not even imagine what the percentage
    is now. If you are interested, read the "China Study." It talks about industrialized nations consuming excess amounts of protein. They believe excess consumption of ANIMAL-protein is correlated with cancer, heart disease, etc.
    You are aware that these studies are old and flawd right?
    If this were easy, everyone would walk around ripped.

I like eating, it helps with the not dying.

Journal: Back in Black
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120569281

Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Here is a vlog of Layne Norton, PHd on the topic too. http://www.biolayne.com/uncategorize...about-protein/ He has many references that he cites (china study de-bunked too). I recall his Phd Thesis focused on this topic.

MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Your multiple years of study have clearly left you with an open mind and an abundance of factually correct and up-to-date information.

People who adopt vegetarianism and recommend the protein intake for a sedentary individual on a bodybuilding forum are clearly people to be listened to.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    I am two semesters away from graduating with a bachelors of science in dietetics! .

Unbelieveable............
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Also, has anyone noticed how cute and smart pigs are ^_^? Who could eat such a creature?
    *Una raises hand somewhat sheepishly*

Last edited by UnaChispita; 12-28-2012 at 03:14 PM.

I have never understood vegetarians for animal ethics reasons. At least the pig died a swift death, being a chicken in an egg cage is a worse fate. Vegan or bust!

The recommended protein levels for the average American are painfully inadequate. Seriously, if you think eating protein makes you fat, go elsewhere - you're unlikely to get any support on this site.

Regarding the China Study, I don't even know whe to begin, but I suggest you try here:

Enjoy that.

For the record, I am an ex-vegetarian and only started eating meat again due to gluten and dairy allergies. But I hate when people give vegetarians a bad name by quoting outdated studies and irrelevant statistics. Especially on a bodybuilding site.
    Your source is a blog. Send me some primary studies that debunk this so called "false" information. The current recommendation for protein intake is 0.8g/kg of body weight. That's all I will say.

Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    Unbelieveable............
    What is so unbelievable? I was purely asking for opinions of other vegetarian body builders not for negative energy.

Also, I wasn't disagreeing with what you said concerning high GI foods, simple carbs, and lack of nutrition education. I 100% agree with that as I work with people that can be checked off for all of the above. I was disagreeing with your protein statement. I will though say that it is possible not one single macronutrients is to blame, but an excess amount of either can be to blame.

Enjoy that.

I also want to add that I do not think protein makes you fat. I never once quoted that. What I did say though was I noticed a WEIGHT GAIN within myself when I consumed an excess amount of protein in the form of protein shakes, bars, powders, etc. I obviously was not utilizing whatever I was consuming. Prior to college I weighed in at 130 now I am at 115. I also stated that in excess, as you also stated, protein will be stored as fat. Thank you for your reply though.

So mean

Honestly, men and women I was just looking for some meal plan advice from people who have the same ideas and goals in mind as me. I don't know why this has become a battle.

I shall direct my energy else where as this thread seemed to be no help at all. Let peace be with all of you.