DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000)

MyFitnesspal Vs Harris Benedict equation

I need some help guys. I used the formula below to calculate my calorie needs. First I went to BMI calculator, then I took that number and times it by Harris Benedict equation of 1.5. Which is for a person who works out 3 to 5 times a week.

Here is what it said I must get in calories each day:

Doug = 2538 bmr / times 1.55 …..........................3933cal maintain. / -500 to lose = 3433

To build on Eileen's post about how to calculate calories I thought it would be helpful to add this link to a Basal Metabolic Rate calculator.

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

Once you calculate your BMR you can then determine your daily caloric needs based on the Harris Benedict equation which is also provided. I have found that most people who are exercising several times per week and who are lifting heavy can probably multiply their bodyweight by 15 and possibly 16 if they have a job that requires they move around a lot. To cut you reduce this by 500, to bulk you will add 500. You do NOT want to create too large a deficit even if you have a large amount of weight to lose. This is because if your body becomes accustomed to the deficit and plateaus, you want to be able to decrease your calories again without having to starve yourself. So take your time and lose the weight gradually. If you do so it is more likely that it will come off and stay off.

MyFitnessPal however, says with 5 workouts a week I should only take in 2500 calories a day to lose 1 pound a week.

So what would you go by?

Plus, do you make sure you get the 1. gram of protein per pound even if it means going over caloric deficit requirement. MyFitnesspal has me at 188grams of protein. That is below the 240 I thought I needed.

Keeping macros at 65-30-5 with 240grams requirement would put me way over 2500 calories.

Your help is appreciated.

Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    whats up my man!!!

seriously though, I'd do a week at your calculations, see the results, and adjust from their. I love myfitnesspal, but they had me eating 1,900 a day.... yea right. I don't think their estimators take into account muscled people as well as the average "i wanna tone up" person.
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard

DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Cowmustard View Post
    whats up my man!!!

seriously though, I'd do a week at your calculations, see the results, and adjust from their. I love myfitnesspal, but they had me eating 1,900 a day.... yea right. I don't think their estimators take into account muscled people as well as the average "i wanna tone up" person.
    thanks bro! It does seem low for what I do;

Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by DougHolland View Post
    Noted, glad you put this up as well, we are going to have a huge rush of post holiday dieters I am betting an I hope mfp doesn't destroy their metabolism,

Remind me to rep ya again for another quality post bro!!!
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard