pbridges79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Keto Blood Work -- what to ask for?

I have done Keto for a small amount of time a few times in the past, but I'm now pretty serious about it as a lifestyle change. In the past, I found it helped with GERD, IBS and anxiety issues, as well as the obvious weight loss.

As usual though, there are friends and family who tell me a high-fat diet is dangerous etc., despite any research I quote to them. They are fully ingrained with the traditional food pyramid, and won't accept anything else.

So, I'm looking to go to my GP and ask to get some blood work done before I start, and then get new blood work done every 4-6 weeks after that for at least 6-12 months. That way, I'll have actual numbers to shut these people up once and for all.

What should I ask for the blood work to specifically look for (cholesterol levels etc.)?

Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You should be aware before you start this, that just losing weight (regardless of diet) will temporarily throw off cholesterol numbers - http://www.livestrong.com/article/31...s-cholesterol/

Or you could just tell them that until they produce some evidence (like you can) to shut up.
    Part of my transformation here - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149287533

Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I got my blood work ran a couple months ago(wasn't even serious with the diet yet)

Got back excellent results and the doc/nurse Bert stared me when I answered what my diet looks like.

Nutrition is sadly a perpetuation of bro science from one generation to the next. I actually knew more about the various types of cholesterol then half the docs place simple because I spent a half hour reading up on it in the nutrition forum.
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard

pbridges79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well, it turns out my doc is a low-carb advocate and completely understood the resistance/misinformation angle that many of us brush up against.

She ordered full blood work to cover all bases and we'll then monitor every 2-3 months with new tests.

I have lost weight before with keto and people were always shocked when I told them how I did it. But even with physical proof of change, they were still convinced that I'd cut 20 years off my life by eating so much fat. But monitoring and approval by a GP will hopefully reverse that.

But, like I said; this time, it's more about the benefits Keto has given me in the past in relation to reflux problems and anxiety/Bipolar II. I find I sleep better, worry less and think clearer on Keto. And dropping 40lbs wouldn't hurt either.