Hello guys I recently started doing starting strength and decided to video tape my squats just to see if my form was right. So I did, I noticed that I wasnt going low enough on them. So I tried to go lower and this is where I am at. I kept looking down because I was trying to go parallel. So can someone check my form and make sure im doing it right? Thanks also and tips would be great! Im 170 squating 205 in this one not very good but hoping it gets higher. Thanks again.
After uploading that one I finished my workout and decieded to work on my form a little. I made my stance widder and pointed my toes out a little and this is what I came up with. I think this one is definantly better but what do you guys think? I also lowered the weight so I can get the form down. Any tips would be appreciated! Thanks
Thread: Squat Form Check?
12-26-2012, 05:31 PM #1
Squat Form Check?
Last edited by jeremy9710; 12-26-2012 at 05:48 PM.
12-26-2012, 05:56 PM #2
Can't see a few things with the angle of the vid... but form is OK, not awesomeness.
1) You're not hitting parallel. Consider dropping weight 20 pounds and getting to or slightly below parallel.
2) Don't pause at bottom of the lift. Think "explode" out of the hole
Form is definitely better. Good enough to keep increasing weight while still working on form tweaks.
1) Now you're getting to parallel. This is where you should be squatting to.
2) Still don't pause at bottom of the lift... it's actually a little more exaggerated in this one.
3) Squatting this low has introduced minor "butt wink," think hard about arching your back.
4) Can't exactly tell from the vid angle, but consider placing the bar lower on your back and leaning forward a bit more. This will definitely help with the butt wink, and should allow you to squat more.Former member of the > 300 lb crew
--- 08/03/11: >310 lb
--- 04/26/13: 14% 190 lb
--- I always rep back, although measly atm
12-26-2012, 06:21 PM #3
By Vunhirzen in forum Teen BodybuildingReplies: 12Last Post: 12-26-2012, 11:33 PM
By royalz19 in forum Teen BodybuildingReplies: 7Last Post: 10-03-2012, 09:46 PM
By pyaarawala in forum ExercisesReplies: 18Last Post: 07-16-2012, 02:39 PM
By Ballad in forum Teen BodybuildingReplies: 35Last Post: 09-05-2011, 04:55 PM
By hustlcoke in forum Powerlifting/StrongmanReplies: 13Last Post: 01-04-2008, 08:01 PM