Meowgician has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Meowgician has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Meowgician has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Meowgician has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Meowgician has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Meowgician has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Meowgician has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Please critique cutting diet

Hey guys, Can you please tell me if this is good or bad. Others here told me that I need to add fats, what should I include? I'm 20 years old, 6'0, 197 pounds. TDEE is 3112. I take 1 fish oil morning and before i sleep.

Breakfast
    4 whole wheat bread
    1 whole egg
    4 egg whites
    Ketchup

Calories - 674
    Carbs - 95
    Protein – 40 g
    Fat – 12.9

Mid-Morning
    Cottage cheese with honey

Calories – 160
    Carbs – 7g
    Protein – 32g
    Fat – 1.5g

Lunch
    8oz chicken breast
    8oz sweet potato
    1 cup broccoli

Calories – 543
    Carbs – 65
    Protein – 54.7
    Fat – 6.31

Pre-workout
    1 scoop whey with water

Calories – 160
    Carbs – 9g
    Protein – 26g

Post-workout
    1 scoop whey with water

Calories – 160
    Carbs – 9g
    Protein – 26g

Mid-Afternoon
    Cottage cheese with honey

Calories – 160
    Carbs – 7g
    Protein – 32g
    Fat – 1.5g

Dinner
    8oz chicken breast
    1 cup broccoli
    1 cup brown rice

Calories – 566
    Carbs – 65g
    Protein – 55.2

Total
    Calories: 2,423
    Carbs: 257
    Protein: 265.9

SdvsB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SdvsB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SdvsB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SdvsB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SdvsB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SdvsB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SdvsB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SdvsB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SdvsB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SdvsB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SdvsB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    looks good, ditch the whey protein as you already have plenty and eat a solid meal in place of the calories from the drink. And isnt cottage cheese twice a day a little boring?

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SdvsB View Post
    looks good, ditch the whey protein as you already have plenty and eat a solid meal in place of the calories from the drink. And isnt cottage cheese twice a day a little boring?
    No it doesn't.

His fat is terrible

maximuminc is on a distinguished road. (+10) maximuminc is on a distinguished road. (+10) maximuminc is on a distinguished road. (+10) maximuminc is on a distinguished road. (+10) maximuminc is on a distinguished road. (+10) maximuminc is on a distinguished road. (+10) maximuminc is on a distinguished road. (+10) maximuminc is on a distinguished road. (+10) maximuminc is on a distinguished road. (+10) maximuminc is on a distinguished road. (+10) maximuminc is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by AlwaysTryin View Post
    No it doesn't.

His fat is terrible
    +1 on this.

OP - your fat intake should be around 90grams a day - pick what ever food you want to include this into your macro's. Personally, I would just add a couple of tablespoons of natural peanut butter, easy! Start cooking your meats in Olive oil will also help. The extra cals that you pick up by increasing your fats, drop the carbs to compensate.

VQ35DE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VQ35DE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VQ35DE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VQ35DE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VQ35DE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VQ35DE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VQ35DE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VQ35DE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VQ35DE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VQ35DE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VQ35DE is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Fats are too low. By my count they are around 36g when they should be closer to 100g.

My suggestion:

Pro: 200g
    Fat: 100g
    Carb: 175g

For fat sources I'd suggest 5 whole eggs instead of 1 whole and 4 whites. Also full fat cottage cheese. Even a little butter on your toast in the morning.
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.

5x5 Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=161380773

Meowgician has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Meowgician has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Meowgician has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Meowgician has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Meowgician has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Meowgician has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Meowgician has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by VQ35DE View Post
    Fats are too low. By my count they are around 36g when they should be closer to 100g. My suggestion: Pro: 200g Fat: 100g Carb: 175g For fat sources I'd suggest 5 whole eggs instead of 1 whole and 4 whites. Also full fat cottage cheese. Even a little butter on your toast in the morning.
    Thanks. I'm not a fan of the cottage cheese, I just force it down to be honest, the honey makes it better. Any recommendations to replace that with? If I add peanut butter in my diet (mid afternoon and mid morning), is it necessary to add the 5 whole eggs?

Originally Posted by maximuminc View Post
    +1 on this.

OP - your fat intake should be around 90grams a day - pick what ever food you want to include this into your macro's. Personally, I would just add a couple of tablespoons of natural peanut butter, easy! Start cooking your meats in Olive oil will also help. The extra cals that you pick up by increasing your fats, drop the carbs to compensate.
    I usually cook my eggs and meats with olive oil (especially the eggs cause it tastes better), is that a bad thing if I add peanut butter?

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Meowgician View Post
    Thanks. I'm not a fan of the cottage cheese, I just force it down to be honest
    So why on earth are you eating it? It makes no sense, eat something you LIKE

paulosportz is just really nice. (+1000) paulosportz is just really nice. (+1000) paulosportz is just really nice. (+1000) paulosportz is just really nice. (+1000) paulosportz is just really nice. (+1000) paulosportz is just really nice. (+1000) paulosportz is just really nice. (+1000) paulosportz is just really nice. (+1000) paulosportz is just really nice. (+1000) paulosportz is just really nice. (+1000) paulosportz is just really nice. (+1000)
    if you are just starting with the diet try not to reduce your caloric intake too much from maintenance. Looks like you've allowed a 700 deficit. As you progress with diet into 10-16+weeks you will find you may need to drop cals more and/or do more cardio. IMO i would start with as most cals as you can but remaining in a deficit and drop as you progress because no doubt you will have to keep on dropping as you loose weight or if weight loss stalls.

Diet looks very BRO but if you enjoy eating it, thats fine. As others suggest, up fats abit.. prolonged low fat intake will impact your hormones... that won't be fun.
    Check out my fb fan page at:
    ********.com/Pauloshredded

Originally Posted by paulosportz View Post
    if you are just starting with the diet try not to reduce your caloric intake too much from maintenance. Looks like you've allowed a 700 deficit. As you progress with diet into 10-16+weeks you will find you may need to drop cals more and/or do more cardio. IMO i would start with as most cals as you can but remaining in a deficit and drop as you progress because no doubt you will have to keep on dropping as you loose weight or if weight loss stalls.

Diet looks very BRO but if you enjoy eating it, thats fine. As others suggest, up fats abit.. prolonged low fat intake will impact your hormones... that won't be fun.
    Thanks. Yeah I think ill take that advice and up my calories a bit

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    fat is an essential macronutrient
    you should be getting .4-.5g/lb in fat
    fish oil, nuts, nut butters, olive oil, avocado, etc
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

SdvsB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SdvsB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SdvsB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SdvsB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SdvsB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SdvsB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SdvsB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SdvsB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SdvsB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SdvsB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SdvsB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by AlwaysTryin View Post
    No it doesn't.

His fat is terrible
    he didnt have a total at the bottom for it so didnt think about fat consumption. good catch..