Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: what to eat

xtsy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

what to eat

Excuse my ignorance but I have searched here in forum and all over internet and could not find what I am looking for. I want to know what to eat what frequency to eat.

I am 37 and for the first time in my life I am joining a GYM and trying to start the workout.

What I want initially is Lose the belly ( not too big but Still have it).
    Put some muscle in arms and chest.

I M 5'10 and 76 kilo .

I would really appreciate if anyone can suggest me what to eat and what exercise should I do. I Thank you all in advance and expect the support .

EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If you wish to lose some pounds you need to eat less calories than you burn. You can find some calculators to get a good estimate of how many that will be based on your size and the amount of activity in your daily regimine. Once you have an estimate you will need to hit that amount of calories daily for a few weeks and then see if you are losing, gaining, or maintaining and adjust from there. It doesn't matter so much what you eat, just that you get enough protien and healthy fats daily and hit the right amount of calories. I would stay away from sugary drinks and processed foods, but beyond that the choice is yours. As far as training I would recommend looking up allpro's beginner routine on this site and give that a go, or a similar program that focuses on compound lifts like Squats/Deadlifts/Benchpress/Bentover rows/Military press. Look at the nutrition section and read the stickies there as well as the stickies here and learn as much as you can before jumping into a pogram designed for a seasoned bodybuilder. And remember that the food intake will be different for each individual person. Also don't get caught up in the suppliment side of things, if you eat correctly and lift correctly you don't need any suppliments to acheive your goals. A few of them may come in handy later, but diet/exercise/rest are the most important things you can do. Good luck.
    Eric

PR's
    squat 335x1
    benchpress 245x1
    DB Benchpress 100'sx6
    Bent over rows 245x8
    deadlifts 445x1
    Military press 130x6
    Chin-ups BW+100x2
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=144259741 My workout journal

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by xtsy View Post
    Excuse my ignorance but I have searched here in forum and all over internet and could not find what I am looking for. I want to know what to eat what frequency to eat.

I am 37 and for the first time in my life I am joining a GYM and trying to start the workout.

What I want initially is Lose the belly ( not too big but Still have it).
    Put some muscle in arms and chest.

I M 5'10 and 76 kilo .

I would really appreciate if anyone can suggest me what to eat and what exercise should I do. I Thank you all in advance and expect the support .

Here are your best places to start:

Beginner bodybuilding program:
    *Routine: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4195843

No requirement for supplements at your level; learn how to eat first. This thread will explain all the steps to figure your baseline of required protein, fat, carbs, and calories:
    *Emma-Leigh's calorie/macro thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981

Buy an inexpensive digital food scale (~$30 at any big-box discount store), weigh your portions, and track them here: http://fitday.com
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

xtsy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks EB68 and Ironwill2008. Really appreciated.

mmcdjs is on a distinguished road. (+10) mmcdjs is on a distinguished road. (+10) mmcdjs is on a distinguished road. (+10) mmcdjs is on a distinguished road. (+10) mmcdjs is on a distinguished road. (+10) mmcdjs is on a distinguished road. (+10) mmcdjs is on a distinguished road. (+10) mmcdjs is on a distinguished road. (+10) mmcdjs is on a distinguished road. (+10) mmcdjs is on a distinguished road. (+10) mmcdjs is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    well. i'm 46 and trying to do the same thing. i'm also 5'10 and 180lbs that i've dropped almost 30lbs in about a year. i've got a decent meal plan ( i think) that goes like this

Hey guys, how about this diet:

breakfast 3 egg whites, 1 small red potato, 1 piece of whole wheat toast, 1 tbl of peanut butter, 1 small apple 2 tbls olive oil

mid morning snack 2 hard boiled eggs, no yolk

lunch 1 c salad with 1 tbl dressing, 1 grilled chicken breast (about 4 oz), 2 pieces of whole wheat bread

afternoon snack whey protein shake

workout 1 - 1 1/2 hours

post work out- creatine shake and 1 banana

dinner grilled chicken breast, 1/2 c white rice, 1c mixed vegatables(this changes every day as I have a bunch of great recipes from this site to choose from)

evening snack 1/4c roasted almonds..

supplements are BCAA before and after workout, multi-vitamins in morning w/ omega-3 cap

If you like, i can send you my complete recipe list with hand notations that i'm using.

EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by mmcdjs View Post
    well. i'm 46 and trying to do the same thing. i'm also 5'10 and 180lbs that i've dropped almost 30lbs in about a year. i've got a decent meal plan ( i think) that goes like this

Hey guys, how about this diet:

breakfast 3 egg whites, 1 small red potato, 1 piece of whole wheat toast, 1 tbl of peanut butter, 1 small apple 2 tbls olive oil

mid morning snack 2 hard boiled eggs, no yolk

lunch 1 c salad with 1 tbl dressing, 1 grilled chicken breast (about 4 oz), 2 pieces of whole wheat bread

afternoon snack whey protein shake

workout 1 - 1 1/2 hours

post work out- creatine shake and 1 banana

dinner grilled chicken breast, 1/2 c white rice, 1c mixed vegatables(this changes every day as I have a bunch of great recipes from this site to choose from)

evening snack 1/4c roasted almonds..

supplements are BCAA before and after workout, multi-vitamins in morning w/ omega-3 cap

If you like, i can send you my complete recipe list with hand notations that i'm using.
    Just curious, why do you not eat the egg yokes? And how many calories/protiens/carbs/fats does that work out to?
    Eric

PR's
    squat 335x1
    benchpress 245x1
    DB Benchpress 100'sx6
    Bent over rows 245x8
    deadlifts 445x1
    Military press 130x6
    Chin-ups BW+100x2
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=144259741 My workout journal

tryintorebuild is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tryintorebuild is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tryintorebuild is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tryintorebuild is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tryintorebuild is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tryintorebuild is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tryintorebuild is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tryintorebuild is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tryintorebuild is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tryintorebuild is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tryintorebuild is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by EB68 View Post
    Just curious, why do you not eat the egg yokes? And how many calories/protiens/carbs/fats does that work out to?
    I was wondering that too. Seems like you are wasting a lot of egg. I didn't put a pencil to it, but it looks like you have a lot of carbs in there too. Nothing wrong with getting a few carbs, but if you want to burn fat, I would increase the protein and cut back on the carbs a little.

EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Lots of people buy the cartons off egg whites and just pour out what they need. Yolk contains all the fat, some people get fats elsewhere, don't like yolks. Some people just scared, old wives tales about yolks being evil.

White is 17 cal 4g protein fractional fat roughly

Yolk 50 cal 3g pro 5 g fat roughly.

I like both, love eggs, lots of them, can't fit all the fat in. Like other fatty stuff too. Usually 4 whole, 9 tbsp whites.
    Last edited by EjnarKolinkar; 12-27-2012 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Fixed the fat finger.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

flowxsss is not very well liked. (-100) flowxsss is not very well liked. (-100) flowxsss is not very well liked. (-100) flowxsss is not very well liked. (-100) flowxsss is not very well liked. (-100) flowxsss is not very well liked. (-100) flowxsss is not very well liked. (-100) flowxsss is not very well liked. (-100) flowxsss is not very well liked. (-100) flowxsss is not very well liked. (-100) flowxsss is not very well liked. (-100)
    lets make it simple, since you want to build muscle you need to eat foods rich in protein ( chicken red meat fish tuna eggs...) if you take 100g of protein daily its enough " some guys here will argue on that" , you can calculate how much grams of protein in every meal its not difficult , plus you must eat Fresh fruit, Non-starchy vegetables, Nuts, Legumes . and you should stay away from Refined grains like white bread, white rice and enriched pasta, Processed foods such as cake, candy cookies and chips, White potatoes, Sweetened soft drinks and Sugar.

flowxsss is not very well liked. (-100) flowxsss is not very well liked. (-100) flowxsss is not very well liked. (-100) flowxsss is not very well liked. (-100) flowxsss is not very well liked. (-100) flowxsss is not very well liked. (-100) flowxsss is not very well liked. (-100) flowxsss is not very well liked. (-100) flowxsss is not very well liked. (-100) flowxsss is not very well liked. (-100) flowxsss is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by EjnarKolinkar View Post
    White is 17 cal 4g protein fractional fat roughly

Yolk 50 cal 6g pro 5 g fat roughly.
    man you got it wrong, yolk 55 cal 3g protein 5g fat.

GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'd keep the egg yolks in. Yes, they do contain fat and cholesterol but also lecithin which helps to take excess cholesterol out of the body. Natural cholesterol found in eggs is not harmful unless you have a family history of high cholesterol and the amount in eggs puts you over your limit for the day. Someone once said "If God wanted to separate the egg and the white He'd have put them in separate containers." I'm not religious but the meaning is clear. Eggs are meant to be eaten whole. The yolk is good for you and tastes good, too, either in scrambled eggs or hard-boiled ones. (Personally, I hate poached eggs and will not eat them). JMO on all this....
    "Don't call me Miss Kitty. Just...don't."--Catnip. Check out the Catnip Trilogy on Amazon.com

"Chivalry isn't dead. It just wears a skirt."--Twisted, the YA gender bender deal of the century!

Check out my links to Mr. Taxi, Star Maps, and other fine YA Action/Romance novels at http://www.amazon.com/J.S.-Frankel/e/B004XUUTB8/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1

Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by flowxsss View Post
    lets make it simple, since you want to build muscle you need to eat foods rich in protein ( chicken red meat fish tuna eggs...) if you take 100g of protein daily its enough " some guys here will argue on that" , you can calculate how much grams of protein in every meal its not difficult , plus you must eat Fresh fruit, Non-starchy vegetables, Nuts, Legumes . and you should stay away from Refined grains like white bread, white rice and enriched pasta, Processed foods such as cake, candy cookies and chips, White potatoes, Sweetened soft drinks and Sugar.
    How can you make any suggestion about what he needs to eat? OP needs to find out his requirements (see earlier post about Emma-Leigh) before he eats anything.
    400# Bulgarian bicep curl

mmcdjs is on a distinguished road. (+10) mmcdjs is on a distinguished road. (+10) mmcdjs is on a distinguished road. (+10) mmcdjs is on a distinguished road. (+10) mmcdjs is on a distinguished road. (+10) mmcdjs is on a distinguished road. (+10) mmcdjs is on a distinguished road. (+10) mmcdjs is on a distinguished road. (+10) mmcdjs is on a distinguished road. (+10) mmcdjs is on a distinguished road. (+10) mmcdjs is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've done some research and found that i need about 2200 cal/day to maintain my current weight. i've been doing it for about 2 months now and have seen my belly get smaller while working on building muscle. i try to keep my macro's in line around, 120g+ protein, around 80 g fat, 200 g carbs. I've been using a tracking program on Livestrong.com that enters all the info for me when i pick out the correct food. it has most of the brand name items and even fast foods in their database, works pretty cool i think. here's what i typically get a day:

Cals 2132
    Fat 74 g
    Cholesterol 189 mg
    Sodium 2323 mg
    Carbs 219 g
    Fiber 33 g
    Protein 136 g
    Sugars 83 g

Originally Posted by Smelly bull View Post
    How can you make any suggestion about what he needs to eat? OP needs to find out his requirements (see earlier post about Emma-Leigh) before he eats anything.
    so you insist you want to make difficult for op !!!

Buickboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've done some research and found that i need about 2200 cal/day to maintain my current weight. i've been doing it for about 2 months now and have seen my belly get smaller while working on building muscle. i try to keep my macro's in line around, 120g+ protein, around 80 g fat, 200 g carbs. I've been using a tracking program on Livestrong.com that enters all the info for me when i pick out the correct food. it has most of the brand name items and even fast foods in their database, works pretty cool i think. here's what i typically get a day:

Cals 2132
    Fat 74 g
    Cholesterol 189 mg
    Sodium 2323 mg
    Carbs 219 g
    Fiber 33 g
    Protein 136 g
    Sugars 83 g
    I am at about the same numbers as you are and came up with the same Calorie count of 2200 for maintenance. I use my fitness to track numbers and went into the set your own Macro's adjustment and upp'ed my protein to 168g rest of my Macros came out as:
    Weight: 186
    Height : 5,9
    Body fat: 21%

protein: 168
    Fat: 37
    carbs: 308
    Total Cal: 2240 for maintenance.

Originally the site had my protein much lower and after upping it i have been doing much better and dropped 2% fat in December while lifting more and having holiday meals in there too. I used to lift in the past and just started back at the beginning of November so it could be the newb gains but most of the calculators seem to undervalue Protein.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    and you should stay away from Refined grains like white bread, white rice and enriched pasta........ White potatoes....
    Why?
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

Caesura75 is just really nice. (+1000) Caesura75 is just really nice. (+1000) Caesura75 is just really nice. (+1000) Caesura75 is just really nice. (+1000) Caesura75 is just really nice. (+1000) Caesura75 is just really nice. (+1000) Caesura75 is just really nice. (+1000) Caesura75 is just really nice. (+1000) Caesura75 is just really nice. (+1000) Caesura75 is just really nice. (+1000) Caesura75 is just really nice. (+1000)
    The first two answers to this thread are perfect. The conversation then descends into some very dubious claims.

Eat healthy, watch your calories, and most of all enjoy your training. Eating really doesn't have to be the precision science that some make it out to be.
    Accept difference. Not indifference.

Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    Why?
    for a person trying to lose weight like in the case of op wouldnt he be better off !!

for a person trying to lose weight like in the case of op wouldnt he be better off !!
    Body composition is determined by calorie/macro balance, not by the names of the foods you eat.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

Body composition is determined by calorie/macro balance, not by the names of the foods you eat.
    i know, but there are better alternatives for white bread, white rice pasta and White potatoes from the nutritional point of view.

i know, but there are better alternatives for white bread, white rice pasta and White potatoes from the nutritional point of view.
    How so? What's "wrong" with the food items you listed?
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

How so? What's "wrong" with the food items you listed?
    During the refining process of wheat the germ and the bran is removed so that all that is left is flower. This means that the most nutritious part of the grain including fiber, vitamins and minerals is lost. then its fortified with the cheapest form of minerals and vitamins that are poorly absorbed by the body. Only a small fraction of what is lost is replaced. whole grain bread is much better.
    rice, There are 204 calories in 1 cup of cooked White Rice. Calorie breakdown: 2% fat, 89% carbs, 9% protein. not very helpful when aiming for weight loss.
    potato, There are 258 calories in 1 large White Potato (Flesh and Skin).
    Calorie breakdown: 1% fat, 90% carbs, 9% protein. same as rice.

i am not saying dont ever eat them, just stay away, at least till you drop some weight.

During the refining process of wheat the germ and the bran is removed so that all that is left is flower. This means that the most nutritious part of the grain including fiber, vitamins and minerals is lost. then its fortified with the cheapest form of minerals and vitamins that are poorly absorbed by the body. Only a small fraction of what is lost is replaced. whole grain bread is much better.
    Possibly from a micronutrient standpoint, but calories are still calories.

Calories-in vs calories-out.

rice, There are 204 calories in 1 cup of cooked White Rice. Calorie breakdown: 2% fat, 89% carbs, 9% protein. not very helpful when aiming for weight loss.
    This doesn't explain why eating a cup of rice is "not very helpful when aiming for weight loss."

Again, calories-in vs. calories-out.

potato, There are 258 calories in 1 large White Potato (Flesh and Skin).
    Calorie breakdown: 1% fat, 90% carbs, 9% protein. same as rice.
    What's the problem with eating potatoes? They're micronutrient dense, and are filling.

Simply fit them into your daily caloric requirement.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    man you got it wrong, yolk 55 cal 3g protein 5g fat.
    Your right about that, fat finger phone. Fixed thanks.

Food selection is less than overall nutrition? You would at least agree with the concept? Some people get so hung up on perfect food choices they lose the forest for the trees.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

Possibly from a micronutrient standpoint, but calories are still calories.

Calories-in vs calories-out.

This doesn't explain why eating a cup of rice is "not very helpful when aiming for weight loss."

Again, calories-in vs. calories-out.

What's the problem with eating potatoes? They're micronutrient dense, and are filling.

Simply fit them into your daily caloric requirement.
    there are still better alternatives that one can fit into his daily caloric requirement, if you like potatoes its ok, some may replace it with two slices of whole grain bread, its up to you. the same with rice , i just dont like starchy foods i feel theyre filled with calories mainly from carbs. nothing wrong with carbs but too much is not gonna help.

there are still better alternatives that one can fit into his daily caloric requirement, if you like potatoes its ok, some may replace it with two slices of whole grain bread, its up to you. the same with rice , i just dont like starchy foods i feel theyre filled with calories mainly from carbs. nothing wrong with carbs but too much is not gonna help.
    I can see this isn't getting anywhere.

Do whatever you feel works for you.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

I can see this isn't getting anywhere.

!!!!

how are you getting your protein up to 168? I'm debating to have another whey protein shake a day to help bring mine up, but that can get expensive.

Originally the site had my protein much lower and after upping it i have been doing much better and dropped 2% fat in December while lifting more and having holiday meals in there too. I used to lift in the past and just started back at the beginning of November so it could be the newb gains but most of the calculators seem to undervalue Protein.[/QUOTE]

Buickboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    how are you getting your protein up to 168? I'm debating to have another whey protein shake a day to help bring mine up, but that can get expensive.

Originally the site had my protein much lower and after upping it i have been doing much better and dropped 2% fat in December while lifting more and having holiday meals in there too. I used to lift in the past and just started back at the beginning of November so it could be the newb gains but most of the calculators seem to undervalue Protein.
    [/QUOTE]

On the site i use myfitnesspal you input all your info age, weight goals and it gives you the calories you need for your goals along with a breakdown of fat carbs and protein. There is an advanced section where you can change fat,carbs, protein and they all will adjust based on what you input. So it originally had me at like 100g protein so i change it to 168 and it auto adjusted the others for me. Then you just put in everything you eat each day and see how close you are to your goals and adjust what you eat to meet the numbers. Like i said during the holidays some days were wayy over on cal's but i try to say close. Also i picked up a fat caliper so i take readings each week, to see if what i am dong is working.

No, i mean what are you eating that you can get 168g protein a day? lol