NJminute will become famous soon enough. (+50) NJminute will become famous soon enough. (+50) NJminute will become famous soon enough. (+50) NJminute will become famous soon enough. (+50) NJminute will become famous soon enough. (+50) NJminute will become famous soon enough. (+50) NJminute will become famous soon enough. (+50) NJminute will become famous soon enough. (+50) NJminute will become famous soon enough. (+50) NJminute will become famous soon enough. (+50) NJminute will become famous soon enough. (+50)

How to change up my workout routine? I think i hit a plateau.

whats up guys, i need some help. my and some people were have a conversation about weight training, and one of them said that you have to change up your workout from time to time because your body gets used to the routine if you do the same thing for long. how can somebody change their workout? here is my routine.
    for each exercise, i do 3-4 sets for 8-15 reps for as heavy as i can go. currently cutting.

monday-chest/triceps
    flat barbell bench press, inclined barbell bench press, pec flies, tricep pushdown, dips

tuesday- back/biceps
    seated cable row, t-bar row, lat pulldowns (wide grip then close grip), deadlift, preacher curls

Wednesday-legs
    squats, leg extensions, calf extensions

thursday-off

friday- shoulders and arms
    seated shoulder press, lateral raises, front raises, barbell shrugs, bicep curls, reverse bicep curls, tricep pushdowns, dips.

sat/sun- off.

please help me change my routine so i can keep making GAINSZZZ!

SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by NJminute View Post
    whats up guys, i need some help. my and some people were have a conversation about weight training, and one of them said that you have to change up your workout from time to time because your body gets used to the routine if you do the same thing for long. how can somebody change their workout? here is my routine.
    how long have you been doing this?

how have you come to the conclusion that you are at a plateau?

are you tracking your weights/reps?

DeathBySquats will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeathBySquats will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeathBySquats will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeathBySquats will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeathBySquats will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeathBySquats will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeathBySquats will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeathBySquats will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeathBySquats will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeathBySquats will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeathBySquats will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'd switch to a routine that hits each body part twice a week something like Push/Pull/Legs would be a nice routine to possibly look into.
    Maxes-
    Deadlift- 565
    Squat- 395
    Bench- 300
    TOTAL- 1260

Road to 600 deadlift- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162508021&p=1257902661&posted=1#post1257902661

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Between the first two suggestions, I would choose the first.

Based on your listed conditions, we would have to know more info to give you a workout revamp that would be more personally fitting to you. Any suggestions that we could make for you would be gradual since we don't know exactly how you've [responded to / progressed with] your current workout. A drastic change to your workout program would be counter-productive to your efforts so far, considering that your workout does look fine in the meanwhile.

I would discuss more about your personal progress, then make discrete changes like adding a few more sets, raising the intensity, or moving closer/further away from intensity. You could add or take away an exercise here and there, to give more focus to a muscle [group] or exercise, respectively.
    There's no rule that says the dog can't play.

SkyHigh0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SkyHigh0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    In general, everything that puts your body out of it's comfort zone is good enough of a change. It could be anything, there's plenty of ways to do that. Just to name a few: increasing intensity by shortening rest time, mixing up reps/sets/weights, swaping to different exercises, drop sets, negative reps, supersets, forced reps, pyramid sets etc. Sometimes a good week off can also do wonders.

Hockey16z has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hockey16z has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hockey16z has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hockey16z has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hockey16z has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hockey16z has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hockey16z has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hockey16z has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hockey16z has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hockey16z has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hockey16z has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You could change the BB exercises to DBs.

nwalt001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nwalt001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nwalt001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nwalt001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nwalt001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nwalt001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nwalt001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nwalt001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nwalt001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nwalt001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nwalt001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    drastically change volume on many of your exercises, for example if you are doing 10-12 reps on something, go for a weight that you can only get 3-4 reps on, in addition try adding a bunch of additional sets for your first couple exercises.