Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    BABABANG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BABABANG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BABABANG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BABABANG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BABABANG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BABABANG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BABABANG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BABABANG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BABABANG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BABABANG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BABABANG is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by placrosse View Post
    agreed with OP

even though your in a frat and can get easy pussy and have pledges wash your clothes and sh*t.. you'll never actually become a man and do it yourself till your thrown in the real world

I've taught myself the alpha way to talk to bishes and now i can get bishes easy
    With time i would've used for a frat i lifted, dieted, learned how to cook, studied, and chilled

idk IMO it's an opportunity cost
    also completely depends on the school you go to
    For me, the fraternity taught me all of those things. It taught me how to be independent, confident, and take leadership roles in every organization and situation. Pledges aren't slaves...they're working their way to acquiring those aforementioned skills. Yeah, there's humiliation involved. Yeah, you will be doing bitch work. It's not for everybody. Provided you join a respectable house, you WILL improve as a person.

BABABANG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BABABANG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BABABANG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BABABANG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BABABANG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BABABANG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BABABANG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BABABANG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BABABANG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BABABANG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BABABANG is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by ****liShred View Post
    how much is membership ? I hear its costly
    Depends on each fraternity. Mine is $300 a quarter, so roughly $100 a month. Half of that is for insurance purposes so your ass is covered when you're having the time of your life doing what you shouldn't be doing. The other half goes towards your respective chapter. It's well worth it.

EDIT: Mine does not provide housing or food, so that's why other schools may be more.

VodkaOnTheRocks is not very well liked. (-100) VodkaOnTheRocks is not very well liked. (-100) VodkaOnTheRocks is not very well liked. (-100) VodkaOnTheRocks is not very well liked. (-100) VodkaOnTheRocks is not very well liked. (-100) VodkaOnTheRocks is not very well liked. (-100) VodkaOnTheRocks is not very well liked. (-100) VodkaOnTheRocks is not very well liked. (-100) VodkaOnTheRocks is not very well liked. (-100) VodkaOnTheRocks is not very well liked. (-100) VodkaOnTheRocks is not very well liked. (-100)
    how much is membership ? I hear its costly
    Mine is $2540/quarter, which is like $3700/semester if you're on the semester system. It ends up being cheaper than dorms, considering that you get unlimited food (leftovers every meal), you don't have a landlord hassling you, you don't have to pay a damage deposit or any of that crap, you usually have a TV room, basketball court, etc., and there's a constant flurry of people hanging out.

BlasterBoom is not very well liked. (-100) BlasterBoom is not very well liked. (-100) BlasterBoom is not very well liked. (-100) BlasterBoom is not very well liked. (-100) BlasterBoom is not very well liked. (-100) BlasterBoom is not very well liked. (-100) BlasterBoom is not very well liked. (-100) BlasterBoom is not very well liked. (-100) BlasterBoom is not very well liked. (-100) BlasterBoom is not very well liked. (-100) BlasterBoom is not very well liked. (-100)
    not really, op. The most popular people in high school end up joining frats in college. It's just the easiest way to meet and make friends with all the cool people. Srs. All the dudes I know in frats are the chillest people on campus. It seems like everyone not in a frat has their heads up their asses.

Going into my last year next semester. Wished I had joined a frat.

Should I join for my last year? Will be going to school for spring 2013 and fall 2013 semesters for my senior year.

DollarAndADream is not very helpful. (-500) DollarAndADream is not very helpful. (-500) DollarAndADream is not very helpful. (-500) DollarAndADream is not very helpful. (-500) DollarAndADream is not very helpful. (-500) DollarAndADream is not very helpful. (-500) DollarAndADream is not very helpful. (-500) DollarAndADream is not very helpful. (-500) DollarAndADream is not very helpful. (-500) DollarAndADream is not very helpful. (-500) DollarAndADream is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by BlasterBoom View Post
    not really, op. The most popular people in high school end up joining frats in college. It's just the easiest way to meet and make friends with all the cool people.

Going into my last year next semester. Wished I joined a frat.
    dis

AT LEAST 2/3 of my frat (100 guys or so) played a varsity sport in high school

Registered User ThatRussianDude's Avatar
    ThatRussianDude is just really nice. (+1000) ThatRussianDude is just really nice. (+1000) ThatRussianDude is just really nice. (+1000) ThatRussianDude is just really nice. (+1000) ThatRussianDude is just really nice. (+1000) ThatRussianDude is just really nice. (+1000) ThatRussianDude is just really nice. (+1000) ThatRussianDude is just really nice. (+1000) ThatRussianDude is just really nice. (+1000) ThatRussianDude is just really nice. (+1000) ThatRussianDude is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by BABABANG View Post
    Those who knock fraternities and sororities know nothing about them. From the outside looking in, your perspective is clouded by the media's representation of greek life and your disdain towards their cliquey nature. From the inside looking out, you have grown as an individual and will likely be more successful both socially, and professionally, than a majority of other college students. There are exceptions of course, because there are countless intelligent people at universities, but you should know that many of those intelligent people also wear letters on their chests.

I was going to neg you, but I decided to drop some knowledge instead. I'll leave this here.

whats the point of posting these types of charts? u can make charts like these for any type of person, anywhere from a highschool drop out to a criminal

Beauuu is a name known to all. (+5000) Beauuu is a name known to all. (+5000) Beauuu is a name known to all. (+5000) Beauuu is a name known to all. (+5000) Beauuu is a name known to all. (+5000) Beauuu is a name known to all. (+5000) Beauuu is a name known to all. (+5000) Beauuu is a name known to all. (+5000) Beauuu is a name known to all. (+5000) Beauuu is a name known to all. (+5000) Beauuu is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by VodkaOnTheRocks View Post
    Mine is $2540/quarter, which is like $3700/semester if you're on the semester system. It ends up being cheaper than dorms, considering that you get unlimited food (leftovers every meal), you don't have a landlord hassling you, you don't have to pay a damage deposit or any of that crap, you usually have a TV room, basketball court, etc., and there's a constant flurry of people hanging out.
    What uni do you go to?

SomaliShred is a name known to all. (+5000) SomaliShred is a name known to all. (+5000) SomaliShred is a name known to all. (+5000) SomaliShred is a name known to all. (+5000) SomaliShred is a name known to all. (+5000) SomaliShred is a name known to all. (+5000) SomaliShred is a name known to all. (+5000) SomaliShred is a name known to all. (+5000) SomaliShred is a name known to all. (+5000) SomaliShred is a name known to all. (+5000) SomaliShred is a name known to all. (+5000)
    that includes accommodation on campus and food ? doesnt sound too bad. 2 semesters a year in usa ?

2014 i will be doing my masters abroad, will look into this more when time comes

Motocross18 is a name known to all. (+5000) Motocross18 is a name known to all. (+5000) Motocross18 is a name known to all. (+5000) Motocross18 is a name known to all. (+5000) Motocross18 is a name known to all. (+5000) Motocross18 is a name known to all. (+5000) Motocross18 is a name known to all. (+5000) Motocross18 is a name known to all. (+5000) Motocross18 is a name known to all. (+5000) Motocross18 is a name known to all. (+5000) Motocross18 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Honestly joining a frat was one of the best things i have ever done in my life. BRB offered a ****ing 6 figure job from an alum out of college that you're way under qualified for. ****ing the hot bishes on campus with ease. Access to tests other study aids. Having the time of my ****ing life. It's all about the hands you shake, not the grades you make.
    - On a Mission to do somthing memorable EVERY weekend

Originally Posted by ThatRussianDude View Post
    whats the point of posting these types of charts? u can make charts like these for any type of person, anywhere from a highschool drop out to a criminal
    OP says fraternities and sororities are for desperate people who cannot socialize independently. I'm proving him wrong. There is a point to these charts.

VodkaOnTheRocks is not very well liked. (-100) VodkaOnTheRocks is not very well liked. (-100) VodkaOnTheRocks is not very well liked. (-100) VodkaOnTheRocks is not very well liked. (-100) VodkaOnTheRocks is not very well liked. (-100) VodkaOnTheRocks is not very well liked. (-100) VodkaOnTheRocks is not very well liked. (-100) VodkaOnTheRocks is not very well liked. (-100) VodkaOnTheRocks is not very well liked. (-100) VodkaOnTheRocks is not very well liked. (-100) VodkaOnTheRocks is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Beauuu View Post
    What uni do you go to?
    University of Washington

lol @ nocoincels; 118 IQ eatmycrackers's Avatar
    eatmycrackers has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eatmycrackers has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eatmycrackers has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eatmycrackers has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eatmycrackers has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eatmycrackers has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eatmycrackers has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eatmycrackers has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eatmycrackers has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eatmycrackers has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eatmycrackers has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Frat brah checking in:

Honestly I won't even argue, a lot of my bros do fit that to a T. Many have trouble talking to girls, expressing themselves, etc. I feel like I joined for the right reasons, "brotherhood" lulz, its fun, I suppose you can network with alumni bros. Anyways I paid nothing for it this year since I got a frat sponsored scholarship, was worth more than our actual dues.

TLDR;
    Some bros are insecure and shy, others are awesome, just like your typical friends.
    Posts are for fun, not to be taken seriously or as truth.

Angie Varona Appreciation Club Founder

that includes accommodation on campus and food ? doesnt sound too bad. 2 semesters a year in usa ?

2014 i will be doing my masters abroad, will look into this more when time comes
    One of my fraternity brothers was actually a foreign exchange student from Sydney man. One of the coolest guys I've met.

ReviveTheWorld is a name known to all. (+5000) ReviveTheWorld is a name known to all. (+5000) ReviveTheWorld is a name known to all. (+5000) ReviveTheWorld is a name known to all. (+5000) ReviveTheWorld is a name known to all. (+5000) ReviveTheWorld is a name known to all. (+5000) ReviveTheWorld is a name known to all. (+5000) ReviveTheWorld is a name known to all. (+5000) ReviveTheWorld is a name known to all. (+5000) ReviveTheWorld is a name known to all. (+5000) ReviveTheWorld is a name known to all. (+5000)
    transfering to uni in a really good frat uni, should I join or no?
    My posts are not srs

Originally Posted by ReviveTheWorld View Post
    Only if you can join a top house. Pm me if you have questions.

Stryfe14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stryfe14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stryfe14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stryfe14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stryfe14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stryfe14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stryfe14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stryfe14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stryfe14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stryfe14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stryfe14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by placrosse View Post
    yea obviously but thats also the main reason people won't join. because they have integrity and won't go through a pledge semester

things ive heard frats made their pledges do are absolutely ridiculous. cannot believe people would willingly let that happen to them

also you lose time when ur in a frat with the frat sh*t that people have to do
    Pledging is the best time of your life that you'll never want to experience again.

Every single fraternity officially does not haze, or condone hazing, however sometimes things do happen. If at anytime you do not like what's happening to you, or what they tell you to do you can either say no and walk out, or just say no and come back when they're done. It's not like you're gonna get in trouble for not wanting to chug a fifth or anything like that.

In these times hazing is literally someone making you do something that you don't want to do. This ranges from physical abuse, forcing you to drink, OR SOBER DRIVING ON PARTY NIGHTS SO YOUR BROTHERS DON'T HAVE TO DRUNK DRIVE.

The definition and what people consider hazing is nauseating, and pledges dropping and saying that they were hazed because they were told to clean the house after a party night is simply the weak being weeded out.
    STL Cardinals

DollarAndADream is not very helpful. (-500) DollarAndADream is not very helpful. (-500) DollarAndADream is not very helpful. (-500) DollarAndADream is not very helpful. (-500) DollarAndADream is not very helpful. (-500) DollarAndADream is not very helpful. (-500) DollarAndADream is not very helpful. (-500) DollarAndADream is not very helpful. (-500) DollarAndADream is not very helpful. (-500) DollarAndADream is not very helpful. (-500) DollarAndADream is not very helpful. (-500)
    go check it out and talk to a few of the guys and see what's it is all about, there is no right or wrong answer, *******

Motocross18 is a name known to all. (+5000) Motocross18 is a name known to all. (+5000) Motocross18 is a name known to all. (+5000) Motocross18 is a name known to all. (+5000) Motocross18 is a name known to all. (+5000) Motocross18 is a name known to all. (+5000) Motocross18 is a name known to all. (+5000) Motocross18 is a name known to all. (+5000) Motocross18 is a name known to all. (+5000) Motocross18 is a name known to all. (+5000) Motocross18 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by BABABANG View Post
    Only if you can join a top house. Pm me if you have questions.
    If you're not in a top house it's probably not worth it

ReviveTheWorld is a name known to all. (+5000) ReviveTheWorld is a name known to all. (+5000) ReviveTheWorld is a name known to all. (+5000) ReviveTheWorld is a name known to all. (+5000) ReviveTheWorld is a name known to all. (+5000) ReviveTheWorld is a name known to all. (+5000) ReviveTheWorld is a name known to all. (+5000) ReviveTheWorld is a name known to all. (+5000) ReviveTheWorld is a name known to all. (+5000) ReviveTheWorld is a name known to all. (+5000) ReviveTheWorld is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Motocross18 View Post
    not sure wat that is
    My posts are not srs

Fraternities aren't on campus. They're old off-campus mansions that have cooks for lunch and dinner (breakfast, lunch, and dinner in some wealthier houses). They're not affiliated with the university in any way, though they usually have members in the university student senate and they have their own little governing body. They usually are just for undergrads, though I have heard of a house signing a guy going for his Masters. The main reason they don't want older guys is because they're afraid girls might be creeped out lol. But if you're like 23 or 24 and you look young and you're laid back, a house might think you're a good fit.

not sure wat that is
    Top house is the fraternity that is considered the best on campus. Usually you judge that by girls' opinions, that way you don't join a club of creepers.

Hey_Jay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hey_Jay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hey_Jay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hey_Jay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hey_Jay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hey_Jay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hey_Jay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hey_Jay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hey_Jay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hey_Jay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hey_Jay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    not sure, but i dont pay for friends biacth

Stryfe14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stryfe14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stryfe14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stryfe14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stryfe14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stryfe14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stryfe14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stryfe14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stryfe14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stryfe14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stryfe14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    not sure wat that is
    Depending on how large your greek system at your school is there are always 2-3 'Top" (Best) houses. Party the hardest, pull the hottest girls, win Homecoming/Greek Week, etc. Usually have the hardest pledgeships but its worth it. Very worth it.

Think of it of 1 semester of suck being rewarded with 7 semesters of being a king of campus.

Dat feel when you wear your letters on the first day of classes at the start of the semester, sit next to the hottest girl in class, and she initiates conversation.
    STL Cardinals

PlzN0Alesana is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PlzN0Alesana is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PlzN0Alesana is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PlzN0Alesana is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PlzN0Alesana is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PlzN0Alesana is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PlzN0Alesana is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PlzN0Alesana is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PlzN0Alesana is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PlzN0Alesana is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PlzN0Alesana is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    didn't read the responses, but i am a proud brother in TKE.... i was friends with all the guys before i joined, and it opens up opportunities like none other while allowing you to enjoy university life to its fullest, as someone who was very sociable before hand, i have flourished and its been an amazing experience from the very beginning

cliffs:
    dont judge until you've given it a shot
    i rep metalcore fans

disregard aesthetics, acquire gluttonous winter bulk.
    1k+

u mad i lift in work clothes?

Originally Posted by Motocross18 View Post
    This is pretty much true. The bigger houses can get more rushees and be more selective about recruiting guys who will attract girls to the house. I'd say their are maybe 3 or 4 houses on every campus that have a monopoly on the hottest sorority girls. Plus, bigger house means more money means more extravagant events.

Registered User ThatRussianDude's Avatar
    ThatRussianDude is just really nice. (+1000) ThatRussianDude is just really nice. (+1000) ThatRussianDude is just really nice. (+1000) ThatRussianDude is just really nice. (+1000) ThatRussianDude is just really nice. (+1000) ThatRussianDude is just really nice. (+1000) ThatRussianDude is just really nice. (+1000) ThatRussianDude is just really nice. (+1000) ThatRussianDude is just really nice. (+1000) ThatRussianDude is just really nice. (+1000) ThatRussianDude is just really nice. (+1000)
    Fraternities aren't on campus. They're old off-campus mansions that have cooks for lunch and dinner (breakfast, lunch, and dinner in some wealthier houses). They're not affiliated with the university in any way, though they usually have members in the university student senate and they have their own little governing body. They usually are just for undergrads, though I have heard of a house signing a guy going for his Masters. The main reason they don't want older guys is because they're afraid girls might be creeped out lol. But if you're like 23 or 24 and you look young and you're laid back, a house might think you're a good fit.
    lold hard. "they dont want u i if girls are creeped out" i see u make real friends there, who would never choose to come help u over a girl lmaooo. and on that note, i get loads of frats at my store and they all act like douches, ofc not all of them are i assume, but i never met 1 that can hold a conversation w/o acting like hes the hot sht.

Look for the frat that has all the brothers dating the presidents of the hottest sororities lol srs Also try to find a frat that actually lifts and is good at ifc sports. Chicks like winners

TehScoTTmA is just really nice. (+1000) TehScoTTmA is just really nice. (+1000) TehScoTTmA is just really nice. (+1000) TehScoTTmA is just really nice. (+1000) TehScoTTmA is just really nice. (+1000) TehScoTTmA is just really nice. (+1000) TehScoTTmA is just really nice. (+1000) TehScoTTmA is just really nice. (+1000) TehScoTTmA is just really nice. (+1000) TehScoTTmA is just really nice. (+1000) TehScoTTmA is just really nice. (+1000)
    Finished up pledge semester recently. First week back is I-Week (**** me) then it will be all over. Cant ****ing wait
    - Oklahoma Sooners -
    - Texas Rangers -
    - Philadelphia Eagles -
    - Oklahoma City Thunder -

Originally Posted by ThatRussianDude View Post
    lold hard. "they dont want u i if girls are creeped out" i see u make real friends there, who would never choose to come help u over a girl lmaooo. and on that note, i get loads of frats at my store and they all act like douches, ofc not all of them are i assume, but i never met 1 that can hold a conversation w/o acting like hes the hot sht.
    During my pledge semester we had about 3 guys who were dropped because entire sorority houses stopped talking to our house because of them. They were legitimately creppy guys and just didn't fit in with us. You want to do what's best in the interest of your house, and yeah it sucked that they were dropped, but I know that they're all enjoying their lives now in the dorms. Greek life simply isn't for some people.

If a guy is cool while they pledge, but down the road after initiation they change and creep girls out that can be tolerated and we'll keep our brother rather than the girls. But a pledge keeping entire houses away is going to get axed.
    STL Cardinals

DukeValentino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DukeValentino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DukeValentino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DukeValentino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DukeValentino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DukeValentino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DukeValentino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DukeValentino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DukeValentino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DukeValentino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DukeValentino is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    toopoortojoinafrat/10

on dat poverty uni time....
    Indian Genetics (aka 18inch pipes, 7nch cack, 6'2) Crew
    Mr.StealyoGirlcuzimIndian Crew
    You know the saying, once you go indian, you never go back Crew
    Blacks in the shower are scared of my cack Crew