Rando90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rando90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rando90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rando90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rando90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rando90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rando90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rando90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rando90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rando90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rando90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Critique My Workout

I haven't ever really dedicated myself to working out. In HS, my uncle made me workout for MMA training so I've definitely lifted. Currently a poverty bro, so no gym membership. What I do have is an Iron Man Pull Up Bar and two 25lb dumbells. The past 2-3 weeks I've been working out 5-6 days a week. Here's my routine I'm working towards. With most of these workouts I do 3 sets currently.

5x10 Dumbell Curls (25 lb dumbells)
    5x15 Military Press (25 lb dumbells)
    5x10 Pullups
    5x10 Leg Raises (pull up bar)
    5x20 Pushups
    5x20 Dips (using a stool)

What do you guys think? I'm no expert. I realize I should probably get on a set routine and not wing it like I have been. But considering the lack of gym membership...I think doing this is better than nothing. TBH I feel like I'm already seeing good results after 2-3 weeks. I'm open to more ideas. My goal is just to gain some muscle mass but keep in boxing shape as well. In other words I'm not looking to have so much gains where it could hurt my boxing...because I still have that dream of MMA in the back of my head.

zLionheart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I that's in order, the curls should definitely be last. How many sets do you do f each? And your gains won't hurt your boxing career if you stay natty.

bevans100fitnes is not very helpful. (-500) bevans100fitnes is not very helpful. (-500) bevans100fitnes is not very helpful. (-500) bevans100fitnes is not very helpful. (-500) bevans100fitnes is not very helpful. (-500) bevans100fitnes is not very helpful. (-500) bevans100fitnes is not very helpful. (-500) bevans100fitnes is not very helpful. (-500) bevans100fitnes is not very helpful. (-500) bevans100fitnes is not very helpful. (-500) bevans100fitnes is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by zLionheart View Post
    I that's in order, the curls should definitely be last. How many sets do you do f each? And your gains won't hurt your boxing career if you stay natty.
    Depends on his goals if huge arms are a big priority I would leave it like that.

That said, that's not very many exercises, and that's a lot of sets.
    I would personally opt for more exercises and less sets per exercise. Fatgueing the same part of the muscle repeatedly is more likely to be difficult to recover from, than a workout where you spread out the damage.

You also have 3 pressing exercises and only 1 pulling exercise. It is good to keep the pushull ratio to 1:1 to 1:3. Pulling muscles are slower twitch and require more volume, but less intensity than pressing musculature. It is also better for the shoulder to have overdeveloped traps, lats, rhomboids, than it is to have overdominant pecs.

Can't figure out why leg raises is in there. Is this upper/abs day? Or the whole routine? You need to clarify a lot of things before you can get a concise answer.

State goals (ideal physique, or numbers), where you are at now, and any relevant lifestyle information.

Just realized you are using house objects:

make pushups one-arm, use the other arm for stability on a table leg if u have to

Use a table, with your feet on a chair, and add rows in.

do step-ups onto a high table or chair

do glute bridges (u can look these up)

Do table step ups onto a high table

have a partner hold your ankles so u can do GHR's (look them up)

crunches, hanging upside down crunches.

For conditioning:

1 min burpees
    30 sec recovery
    1 min mt climbers
    30 sec recovery
    1 min crunches (any kind)
    30 sec recovery
    1 min burpees
    30 sec recovery
    1 min mt climbers
    30 sec recovery
    30 sec recovery
    1 min burpees
    30 sec recovery
    1 min mt climbers
    30 sec recovery
    30 sec recovery

10 minute jog to cool down.

^^ If that's too easy I'll hit you with something more difficult

MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Even if u wanted to put a focus on building a certain muscle group doesn't mean doing it first in a given workout. Especially one that encompasses multiple muscle groups in that workout.

What's more important is the total volume of exercise for that muscle group and the correct spacing of workouts to allow proper recovery.

I would recommend doing all of your compounds first and ending with isolations. No need for anything fancy as a beginner just a well balanced workout that u are consistent with.