festeringscaff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Barbell Clips - Olympic

I have two bars, one an Olympic bar and the other an EZ bar. But the collars vary in size. The EZ bar is likely 2" while the barbell is probably 1.9something in width. I didn't know this existed, but read that big box stores usually are 2" in width whereas the more expensive bars are usually under 2". Not sure if that holds true for all. Just wondering does anyone know if the Lock Jaw collars have any extra play in them to fit the slightly bigger collars? Thanks

AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yes, it should. The ez curl bar is an Oly curl bar.
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Sometimes expensive bars can be 2.O". I bought used, at what I thought was a good price, a PDA stainless thick bar. Turns out the only plates I have that fit on it are a pair of 25# milled Yorks. None of my other York, Ivanko, Iron Grip or Kraiburg weights will fit on it.

ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by festeringscaff View Post
    I have two bars, one an Olympic bar and the other an EZ bar. But the collars vary in size. The EZ bar is likely 2" while the barbell is probably 1.9something in width. I didn't know this existed, but read that big box stores usually are 2" in width whereas the more expensive bars are usually under 2". Not sure if that holds true for all. Just wondering does anyone know if the Lock Jaw collars have any extra play in them to fit the slightly bigger collars? Thanks
    ive got lockjaws and they fit my texas power bar, pendlay needle bearing bar, and my crap cap bent barbell i got for free.

Registered User IvankoBarbellCo's Avatar
    IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by oldred View Post
    Sometimes expensive bars can be 2.O". I bought used, at what I thought was a good price, a PDA stainless thick bar. Turns out the only plates I have that fit on it are a pair of 25# milled Yorks. None of my other York, Ivanko, Iron Grip or Kraiburg weights will fit on it.
    What high-end bars besides the PDA have you seen that are 2" for the sleeve? The guy who started PDA was a great (and very smart) guy. He made a lot of great equipment and had a terrific newsletter. He was very helpful to us

I've seen 2" sleeves on plate loading machines. That can cause some (obvious) problems to the unwitting!
    ()---() York Barbell Club #50 ()---()

Ivanko Barbell Company
    official website: www.ivankobarbell.com

View: //www.instagram.com/ivankobarbell
    Join: //www.********.com/ivankobarbell
    Follow: //www.twitter.com/ivankobarbell
    Watch: //www.youtube.com/ivankobarbell
    Newsletter: http://www.ivankobarbell.com/contact.html

BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by festeringscaff View Post
    You should be fine with Lock Jaws.. I've had them on oversized sleeves (Dept store bars), as well as high end bars, and even on some really thick plastic Standard to Olympic adapter sleeves. They'll adjust to just about anything in my experience.
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅] Equipment Crew #57 [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]

[]──[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #26 []──[]

❍--❍ York Barbell Club #34 ❍--❍

☆☆☆ That On3 Cr3w That Has Too Much Pow3r Cr3w ☆☆☆

Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have 7 sets of oly collars in a few different styles and most of them will work on the bars with smaller sleeves as well as the ones with the larger sleeves, but I actually find myself using the cheap spring-type clamps most of the time. They're not as nice as Muscle Clamps or Lockjaws, but they work great for just about all of my lifts except deads, fit all of my bars, and are less than $8 a pair.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"An adult male weighs at least 200 pounds." - Mark Rippetoe

▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #44 ▪█──█▪

||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #11 ||---||

DarkFoxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarkFoxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarkFoxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarkFoxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarkFoxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarkFoxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarkFoxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarkFoxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarkFoxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarkFoxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarkFoxx is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Lockjaws should fit any oly bar or adaptor. They are a bit pricey but well worth the investment if you take care of them.

BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DarkFoxx View Post
    Lockjaws should fit any oly bar or adaptor. They are a bit pricey but well worth the investment if you take care of them.
    They are worth the investment if you don't take care of them.
    I toss them across the garage, slam them into the plates and, otherwise regularly beat on them without ever once having cleaned or "maintained" them and they remain my go to collar that gets used in every workout (and I have 7 variations to choose from).
    They are great collars.
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅] Equipment Crew #57 [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]

[]──[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #26 []──[]

❍--❍ York Barbell Club #34 ❍--❍

☆☆☆ That On3 Cr3w That Has Too Much Pow3r Cr3w ☆☆☆

oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by IvankoBarbellCo View Post
    What high-end bars besides the PDA have you seen that are 2" for the sleeve?
    I've no experience with high-end bars. I was just saying that an expensive bar, and for me the stainless bar was, can be a full two inches. The PDA thick bar could be ordered with the 2" or the more standard narrower sleeves. I bought used and it's the former. Someday I'll find a machinist to turn it down for me. I always enjoyed the PDA newsletter. Much of what they made would be out of place in my little cellar weight room but it was still interesting.