Thread: Tight knee cap

JJinSS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJinSS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJinSS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJinSS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJinSS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJinSS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJinSS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJinSS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJinSS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJinSS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJinSS is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Tight knee cap

i didn't even do anything. i just randomly, i sat down and after i got up. my right knee cap was so tight. or all the ligaments around the knee were very tight.

When i try to squat down or bend my knee till my butt touches my calf, the tighter it feels. It feels like someone took a rubber band that was supposed to fit that entire ROM, but than cut it in half and stretched it out. So once i go past half, the knee feels like it can't stretch anymore.

And im like wtf? how does this even happen? I didn't even do anything. And im trying to think, how the hell do i fix this? i tried stretching and kicking my leg into the air and twisting it in midair. Nothing seemed to work...

some help would be nice, and some sort of explanation?

thanks!

ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You didn't do anything but question.

Did you do legs that day? squats?

Originally Posted by JJinSS View Post
    i didn't even do anything. i just randomly, i sat down and after i got up. my right knee cap was so tight. or all the ligaments around the knee were very tight.

When i try to squat down or bend my knee till my butt touches my calf, the tighter it feels. It feels like someone took a rubber band that was supposed to fit that entire ROM, but than cut it in half and stretched it out. So once i go past half, the knee feels like it can't stretch anymore.

And im like wtf? how does this even happen? I didn't even do anything. And im trying to think, how the hell do i fix this? i tried stretching and kicking my leg into the air and twisting it in midair. Nothing seemed to work...

some help would be nice, and some sort of explanation?

thanks!

JJinSS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJinSS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJinSS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJinSS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJinSS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJinSS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJinSS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJinSS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJinSS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJinSS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJinSS is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by ktothewire View Post
    You didn't do anything but question.

Did you do legs that day? squats?
    nope. i didn't workout at all. i was sitting down to watch a movie and when i got up. it was like as if my knee couldn't bend as far as it used too. I could walk fine, but going down stairs or a longer stride it would feel like a rubber band at the point of snapping.

ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by JJinSS View Post
    nope. i didn't workout at all. i was sitting down to watch a movie and when i got up. it was like as if my knee couldn't bend as far as it used too. I could walk fine, but going down stairs or a longer stride it would feel like a rubber band at the point of snapping.
    Check this out: http://www.localhealth.com/article/stiff-knee

Pelipe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pelipe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pelipe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pelipe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pelipe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pelipe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pelipe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pelipe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pelipe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pelipe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pelipe is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Anterior knee pain and tightness is usually associated with weak external hip rotators. Most of the current evidence based medicine says to look at hip biomechanics for anterior knee complaints

Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Try foam rolling the IT Band. its suprisingly painful to start with but it really helps take tension off the knees. when i was foam rolling halfway down my outer thigh, it was so tight i could feel ALOT of strain on my knees. just sit on the painful spots until they go away. this should help.