theconomist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) theconomist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) theconomist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) theconomist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) theconomist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) theconomist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) theconomist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) theconomist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) theconomist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) theconomist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) theconomist has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Don't you sometimes feel bodybuilding is stupid?

Tried misc, no one interested as usual.

Not talking about staying healthy and exercising, that's important but bodybuilding is stupid.
    We waste so much time, effort and money for what? To please women or feel good about ourselves in a very superficial way. An injury can negate a year of work. Don't you sometimes really feel like it's very stupid? I see people at the gym lifting and curling and pushing and sometimes I think to myself why the hell am I doing this?
    If I had some other hobbies I think that once I finish my cut I would probably stop, I don't need other people drooling over my abs or an 18 inch arm to feel good about myself.

Everyone here on the misc acts like we don't care about women but the truth is most people lift for one of two reasons:

1- always been skinny/fat and been bullied so wants to switch positions with their bullies.
    2- because of women, let's be serious, you all don't want sluts but the one type of girls that really care about physique this much are sluts.

Don't rep or neg me, this is just food for thoughts, I really like the hobby for it's health aspect and would love to get people's oppinion on this.
    :)

Im fat and overweight, what do I do? Lift heavy and eat well.
    Im skinny and need to put muscle on, what do I do? Lift heavy and eat well.
    I have loose skin, how do I get rid of it? Lift heavy and eat well.
    My GF cheated on me, my worlds ending what do I do? Lift heavy and eat well.
    My Daughters boyfriend is a gang member who is leading her astray, what do I do? Lift heavy and eat well.

I'm 10k in debt, what do I do? You know the drill. No excuses.

sxesniper will become famous soon enough. (+50) sxesniper will become famous soon enough. (+50) sxesniper will become famous soon enough. (+50) sxesniper will become famous soon enough. (+50) sxesniper will become famous soon enough. (+50) sxesniper will become famous soon enough. (+50) sxesniper will become famous soon enough. (+50) sxesniper will become famous soon enough. (+50) sxesniper will become famous soon enough. (+50) sxesniper will become famous soon enough. (+50) sxesniper will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    personally feel your pretty off base for this one. I understand their are some people who " bodybuild" for the wrong reasons but i doubt they make up the majority. Also you like this for health and hobbies then you probably arent what i would exactly consider a bodybuilder but maybe thats just me. But i guess everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Ori2012 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi, don't worry about expressing your opinion as long as its honest, i understand what you mean, now i'll express mine, bodybuilding can be done for many reasons, so because of this, i think its hard to call it stupid

I don't follow any particular diet (I just keep in mind what is healthy, omega3 and stuff), I don't take supplements and I do all the exercises at home. But this doesn't mean i consider bodybuilders stupid, I understand that taking care of your body and growing muscles is a target that keeps your mind in the challenge mood, and making you ready for a lot of other punches life can give you, this is one of the reasons and in my opinion is enough to not call bodybuilding stupid.

That said, i don't like it when i see people that made it a religion

Registered User gradualprogress's Avatar
    gradualprogress has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ive never attempted any of this for other people or to get chicks. Just to feel better about myself and be more useful in every day life. Stronger people are more helpful in every situation imagineable...therefore I look to get stronger while still feeling good about myself.

Fbomb1990 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fbomb1990 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fbomb1990 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fbomb1990 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fbomb1990 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fbomb1990 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fbomb1990 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fbomb1990 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fbomb1990 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fbomb1990 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fbomb1990 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I think using the word stupid to describe something as broad as bodybuilding is STUPID!!!

Parallelism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Parallelism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Parallelism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Parallelism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Parallelism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Parallelism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Parallelism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Parallelism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Parallelism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Parallelism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Parallelism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Why do you go to the gym? If it's for superficial reasons, yeah, bodybuilding is really stupid.

If you go because you want to push your limits, become a better YOU and work on goals you set to achieve, bodybuilding is not stupid. Did I mention overall health?
    310 --> 225
    225 --> xxx

++ Positive Crew ++

Portland Trail Blazers
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Kansas City Royals

SMASHgym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SMASHgym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SMASHgym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SMASHgym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SMASHgym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SMASHgym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SMASHgym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SMASHgym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SMASHgym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SMASHgym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SMASHgym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i dont lift for girls or to make up some sort of inadequacy OP, i lift because i want to be the BEST me that i can be. i want to have an absolutely jawdropping physique coupled with astounding intellect. i love lifting because of the way i feel good after a good session, because of the way it teaches to me constantly progress and try harder and harder. just think back to where your DL, squat or bench was when you first started...now think about your most recent PR in one of them...how fkn good do you feel OP? that euphoric feeling you get when you lift a weight that you had previously only looked at wistfully...it's fkn amazing OP. i love lifting and that feeling of getting better everyday when i hit my macros.
    Currently cutting to acquire an aesthetic avi in order to be the recipient of a sexually suggestive PM from SexualDeviant.

My workout log:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154118501&pagenumber=

Manlet trying to go super saiyan Vegeta mode

LSXdr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LSXdr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LSXdr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LSXdr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LSXdr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LSXdr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LSXdr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LSXdr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LSXdr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LSXdr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LSXdr is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I have been with the same woman before I started lifting. I started lifting because I was tired of the unhealthy guy I was seeing in the mirror everyday. I do it for myself and myself only.
    S: 455
    B: 325
    D: 505
    Total: 1,280
    Started lifting 2011 ;)

Nomza is a name known to all. (+5000) Nomza is a name known to all. (+5000) Nomza is a name known to all. (+5000) Nomza is a name known to all. (+5000) Nomza is a name known to all. (+5000) Nomza is a name known to all. (+5000) Nomza is a name known to all. (+5000) Nomza is a name known to all. (+5000) Nomza is a name known to all. (+5000) Nomza is a name known to all. (+5000) Nomza is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You're lifting for the wrong reasons then. Be the best that you can be. How can you live your life without seeing your lat insertions joining your ab insertions?
    ( ͡ʘ ͜ʖ ͡ʘ)

the.jza is on a distinguished road. (+10) the.jza is on a distinguished road. (+10) the.jza is on a distinguished road. (+10) the.jza is on a distinguished road. (+10) the.jza is on a distinguished road. (+10) the.jza is on a distinguished road. (+10) the.jza is on a distinguished road. (+10) the.jza is on a distinguished road. (+10) the.jza is on a distinguished road. (+10) the.jza is on a distinguished road. (+10) the.jza is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    if you want to compare body building vs survival in a developing country, yeah, you could argue it's pointless. but why are YOU lifting?

don't focus on what other people are doing, just lift for your own reasons. i'm on bb.com cause it's a solid site, and it actually does have a great community. i have no intention of entering a competition, but i understand why others might want to. i lift because i want to be healthy, and it makes me feel awesome. for all i care, everyone else on this board could be lifting to justify buying barrels of vanilla-flavored powder. makes no difference to me, and won't distract me from my motivations.

Registered User RevolutionMuscl's Avatar
    RevolutionMuscl will become famous soon enough. (+50) RevolutionMuscl will become famous soon enough. (+50) RevolutionMuscl will become famous soon enough. (+50) RevolutionMuscl will become famous soon enough. (+50) RevolutionMuscl will become famous soon enough. (+50) RevolutionMuscl will become famous soon enough. (+50) RevolutionMuscl will become famous soon enough. (+50) RevolutionMuscl will become famous soon enough. (+50) RevolutionMuscl will become famous soon enough. (+50) RevolutionMuscl will become famous soon enough. (+50) RevolutionMuscl will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Bodybuilding and training is very beneficial physically, mentally, in my case, spiritually. Its a good relief and escape from the everyday grind. For me, the whole bodybuilding lifestyle isn't about the final destination (being in the best shape you'll ever be in) its all about the journy, and the structure the lifestyle brings.
    Check out my Youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/RevolutionMuscle?feature=mhee

Been miscing for to long idreamofnumber1's Avatar
    idreamofnumber1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idreamofnumber1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idreamofnumber1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idreamofnumber1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idreamofnumber1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idreamofnumber1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idreamofnumber1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idreamofnumber1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idreamofnumber1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idreamofnumber1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idreamofnumber1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    your thinking about it appearance wise....what about functional benefits?

- brb all groceries brought in house in 1 trip

- furniture, t.v. etc breeeeze to move

- dog trapped in hole....brb deadlift her out

- can't reach something on top of shelf? brb jump up

- brb opening jar for old lady

etc etc

brbacquiring is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brbacquiring is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brbacquiring is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brbacquiring is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brbacquiring is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brbacquiring is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brbacquiring is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brbacquiring is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brbacquiring is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brbacquiring is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brbacquiring is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You could say similar things about any hobbies people have. They're all pointless, as are our jobs and other pursuits.

Bradcore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bradcore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bradcore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bradcore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bradcore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bradcore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bradcore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bradcore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bradcore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bradcore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bradcore will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by LSXdr View Post
    I have been with the same woman before I started lifting. I started lifting because I was tired of the unhealthy guy I was seeing in the mirror everyday. I do it for myself and myself only.
    Same with me man. I've been with my gal for a year and a half (married in October) and I recently started lifting for the same reason you did.

Tewsey is a complete loser! (-2000) Tewsey is a complete loser! (-2000) Tewsey is a complete loser! (-2000) Tewsey is a complete loser! (-2000) Tewsey is a complete loser! (-2000) Tewsey is a complete loser! (-2000) Tewsey is a complete loser! (-2000) Tewsey is a complete loser! (-2000) Tewsey is a complete loser! (-2000) Tewsey is a complete loser! (-2000) Tewsey is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by theconomist View Post
    Tried misc, no one interested as usual.

Not talking about staying healthy and exercising, that's important but bodybuilding is stupid.
    We waste so much time, effort and money for what? To please women or feel good about ourselves in a very superficial way. An injury can negate a year of work. Don't you sometimes really feel like it's very stupid? I see people at the gym lifting and curling and pushing and sometimes I think to myself why the hell am I doing this?
    If I had some other hobbies I think that once I finish my cut I would probably stop, I don't need other people drooling over my abs or an 18 inch arm to feel good about myself.

Everyone here on the misc acts like we don't care about women but the truth is most people lift for one of two reasons:

1- always been skinny/fat and been bullied so wants to switch positions with their bullies.
    2- because of women, let's be serious, you all don't want sluts but the one type of girls that really care about physique this much are sluts.

Don't rep or neg me, this is just food for thoughts, I really like the hobby for it's health aspect and would love to get people's oppinion on this.
    I can understand where you're coming from, but different people build their bodies for different reasons. Personally, I'm building up my body so that I can build up my self confidence. Others might do it because they want to attract the opposite sex, or because they just find it as a good hobby. It just depends. You could see bodybuilding as stupid, but many others see it as a form of art.

Clinto85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I started lifting to get stronger....the improvement in self confidence, appearance, and feeling of accomplishment after every workout is just a side benefit.