Thread: Boundaries

AutumnOwl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AutumnOwl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AutumnOwl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AutumnOwl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AutumnOwl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AutumnOwl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AutumnOwl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AutumnOwl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AutumnOwl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AutumnOwl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Boundaries

Boundaries. We hit new ones everyday. Some we set for ourselves and some are set by others. When you’re young, you’re parents tell you, “Stay out of the street.” That’s a good boundary; being hit by a car is not fun. We like those kind of boundaries. Thanks Mom & Dad! With regard to your individual goals, for example, weight loss, you eat healthy foods and exercise regularly. This is a good boundary. What about the bad boundaries? You know … the ones that inhibit us from growth. The one’s that subjugate us and undermine our feelings or intentions. Those are the boundaries I want to discuss and not the ones’s that are brash and right in your face, but the subtle kind.

Those suggestive statements that people say, seemingly keeping you in check, but really intended to control your behavior. They become your handler; a constant voice in your head that keeps you from dancing at the party or grabbing that beautiful woman by the hand and eloping. It’s what stops you from embracing that which is most precious … your life and the way you choose to live it. Soon you find yourself being handled and hindered, rather than embraced and encouraged.

Doubt is one boundary, among the worst I’d wager. What a disgusting word. Scratch it from the Webster’s dictionary and remove it from the language all together! There is no place for doubt in life. Doubt leads to failure, guaranteed. Confidence can lead to failure too, but Muhammed Ali never opened up his left side without anticipating the consequences. If he knew it was the better side to strike from, even though he could easily be knocked out by a powerful cross, he’d take it anyway. We worry to much about the consequences, rather than taking action.

Society gives up a boundaries too. We call it Political Correctness. It’s the creative way to call someone an a-word, without saying it aloud. Say what you mean! It really is the only way to live. Who cares if you make a few or all of the people around you mad. Reflect for a moment, the last time a big rig cut you off and you screamed the rainbow of colorful words at him. Were you being “PC” then? Chances are you had the window down, flipped him the bird, took down his license plate and called the cops too! Don’t worry about being PC. The common man and woman hates it anyway. There is a way to be direct without being rude. Besides, we can read through the BS anyway.

Passive aggressive boundaries … those are my favorite. Undoubtedly when I am out with friends having a good time, someone will have a problem with it. General reasons are the fact that my voice carries. I try controlling the volume, but sometimes can’t. Perhaps all those years of vocal training are the cause of my plight. Curses! On top of that my speaking voice is raspy, so it’s distinct. In other words, I’m easy to pick out in crowd.

The passive aggressive types are the kind that never come up to me and simply ask, “Could you quiet down?” Instead, they start making statements over their shoulders like “MAN IT SURE IS LOUD IN HERE, blah blah blah!” Now it doesn’t bother me, but boy did it used to get under my skin. Often times, it would ruin my night. So lame …

Thank goodness I got my head on straight when I realized it was more fun to confront the passive aggressive person, than sit around brooding. Being an Alpha Male, imposing my will is not difficult. Usually calling the person out is enough to get them to leave the room, building, county, state or country all together. When I was young though, those kinds of verbal boundaries constantly controlled my thoughts and emotions. Before long, I was the quiet, shy person that didn’t approach women, dance or sing at the party. Now I know better.

I could go on. The list really is endless, but that would take too long and you would undoubtedly lose interest. The point is this … people don’t inhibit you, you inhibit yourself. Liberate yourself. Have some zeal for life!

For example, if you see a woman you find attractive, or man for that matter, at the bar, approach her. For God’s sake, talk to her! Maybe even buy her a drink. Perhaps she’ll ignore your advances, but does that matter? What’s more important? Trying or being timid. Fail! FAIL DAMN YOU! If you convince yourself she’s going to blow you off, she will. Congrats! You decided the outcome, before you gave her a chance and that’s pretty selfish of you.

Don’t be inhibited! Be brash and bold! Make and break your own boundaries! Life is really too short and if you get it right, you’ll never worry about it only happening once. You won’t fear death, because you didn’t fear life. You can only decide and act. Whatever the consequence, whatever the difficultly, embrace it!

**Follow this and more on my blog. thementalscribe.wordpress.com**
    Hit me up!
    Twitter @TheMentalScribe
    ******** ********.com/thementalscribe
    Wordpress: thementalscribe.wordpress.com

Whyyousoskinny will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whyyousoskinny will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whyyousoskinny will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whyyousoskinny will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whyyousoskinny will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whyyousoskinny will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whyyousoskinny will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whyyousoskinny will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whyyousoskinny will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whyyousoskinny will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whyyousoskinny will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What part of BK ~ Wonder if we go to the same gym
    NCSF Certified Personal Trainer
    Kettlebell, Pre-Post Natal, ViPR, Loaded Movement,
    Trigger Point, Boxing, Animal Flow and Progressive Bodyweight Training Certified.

AutumnOwl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AutumnOwl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AutumnOwl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AutumnOwl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AutumnOwl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AutumnOwl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AutumnOwl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AutumnOwl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AutumnOwl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AutumnOwl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Whyyousoskinny View Post
    What part of BK ~ Wonder if we go to the same gym
    Just moved back to Louisville ky. I lived in Flatbush. Where do you live?
    Hit me up!
    Twitter @TheMentalScribe
    ******** ********.com/thementalscribe
    Wordpress: thementalscribe.wordpress.com