Page 33 of 140 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 83 133 ... LastLast
    AlwaysABear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AlwaysABear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AlwaysABear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AlwaysABear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AlwaysABear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AlwaysABear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AlwaysABear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AlwaysABear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AlwaysABear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AlwaysABear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AlwaysABear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by krete77 View Post
    You submitted late. Weigh ins are every Sunday starting yesterday. You're not out, I just haven't updated the spreadsheet. Submit on time and this won't be an issue.
    So I'm still in? Would have been nice if this was specified in the original post for people like myself who've never entered this before. The only line I see is the one saying you update the spreadsheet every Sunday, nothing about Sunday being the weigh-in day...

Iusedtobefat99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iusedtobefat99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iusedtobefat99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iusedtobefat99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iusedtobefat99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iusedtobefat99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iusedtobefat99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iusedtobefat99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iusedtobefat99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iusedtobefat99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iusedtobefat99 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by AlwaysABear View Post
    So I'm still in? Would have been nice if this was specified in the original post for people like myself who've never entered this before. The only line I see is the one saying you update the spreadsheet every Sunday, nothing about Sunday being the weigh-in day...
    Lol everything was all there ....
    Yes I know I am fat and weak. I'm working on it.
    I REP BACK.
    Everyone at BB constantly preaches meal timing is irrelevant. Then they religiously take a whey shake post-workout just to prove it.
    Ketosis: Because initiating lipolysis during a cut is obviously a terrible thing.
    Primal eating: Because cutting out processed foods is obviously a terrible thing.

krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I think we have probably over a 100 people that are new to this sort of competition. Funny enough, over 130 people managed to submit their weigh ins yesterday.

I guess they had it wrong and you had it right.
    www.grazethesky.com

AlwaysABear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AlwaysABear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AlwaysABear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AlwaysABear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AlwaysABear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AlwaysABear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AlwaysABear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AlwaysABear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AlwaysABear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AlwaysABear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AlwaysABear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by krete77 View Post
    I think we have probably over a 100 people that are new to this sort of competition. Funny enough, over 130 people managed to submit their weigh ins yesterday.

I guess they had it wrong and you had it right.
    I don't see anything in the OP giving a date for the 2nd weigh-in. I suppose I was an idiot for thinking it must be 7 days on from the initial weigh-in since the OP didn't say otherwise.

Kelekin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kelekin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kelekin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kelekin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kelekin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kelekin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kelekin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kelekin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kelekin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kelekin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kelekin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by wings_unhinged View Post
    DDR might not be cool anymore, and embarrassing to play, but it still gives a hell of a workout.
    Dude, you're bringing me back. I used to go around to tournaments in Western Canada. I didn't have the stamina due to my weight, but I was known to be insanely accurate. I won a 20 person tournament in Victoria (BC) once.
    START: xxx.x | 10-6: xxx | 10-13: xxx | 10-20: xxx | 10-27: xxx | Month Total: xx
    11-3: xxx| 11-10: xxx | 11-17: xxx | 11-24: xxx | Month Total: xx
    12-1: xxx | 12-8: xxx | 12-15: xxx | 12-22: xxx | 12-29: xxx | Month Total: xx
    Total Loss:

pradf4i has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pradf4i has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pradf4i has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by morrikj777 View Post
    I'm thinking about going back to lacto-vegetarian soon. I did a stint as Vegan for about 6 months and lost a ton of weight. I was still able to keep my strength to and I felt fantastic all the time. The only non-veggie thing I would eat is whey protein (hence lacto-vegetarian) to get some of that in my system. Other than that, I just ate strictly vegetarian.

I never felt as sluggish as I did eating tons of animal protein. Still thinking about it though. Difficult to go vegetarian when your roommate is the biggest carnivore on the planet.
    I am trying the "lacto-vegetarian" + egg as well. Can't do family style eating anymore and sometimes feels like no food choices.
    Did it for an entire year-2010, but the chicken wings and beer pulled me back for a while in 2011.

Recommend loading from Trader Joes if you have one near by.

Google for meats+chronic diseases, to help improve your resolve.
    "Put that pizza down and don’t go near that gelato" - Me

Start Weight: 190 lbs | Finish Weight: xxxlbs | Lost: xxxlbs

Danielbednarz2 is just really nice. (+1000) Danielbednarz2 is just really nice. (+1000) Danielbednarz2 is just really nice. (+1000) Danielbednarz2 is just really nice. (+1000) Danielbednarz2 is just really nice. (+1000) Danielbednarz2 is just really nice. (+1000) Danielbednarz2 is just really nice. (+1000) Danielbednarz2 is just really nice. (+1000) Danielbednarz2 is just really nice. (+1000) Danielbednarz2 is just really nice. (+1000) Danielbednarz2 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I don't see anything in the OP giving a date for the 2nd weigh-in. I suppose I was an idiot for thinking it must be 7 days on from the initial weigh-in since the OP didn't say otherwise.
    Didn't notice 50% of sigs that have all weigh-in days.. Doesn't understand that "updating a spreadsheet" for a fat loss competition means inputting weights.

OP why you no guess his weight?!?!

morrikj777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrikj777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrikj777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrikj777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrikj777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrikj777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrikj777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrikj777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrikj777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrikj777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrikj777 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by pradf4i View Post
    I am trying the "lacto-vegetarian" + egg as well. Can't do family style eating anymore and sometimes feels like no food choices.
    Did it for an entire year-2010, but the chicken wings and beer pulled me back for a while in 2011.

Recommend loading from Trader Joes if you have one near by.

Google for meats+chronic diseases, to help improve your resolve.
    Thanks for the advice.

Yeah, I've done a ton of research over the past few years after losing weight. The best time I had was when I chose to go almost 100% vegan (I stopped buying products made from animals such as leather shoes, etc...). The breaking point for me was during a high stress period at a job I had to resign from. My mind just went blank and I mindlessly started eating everything around me without a second thought. Thus my fall from grace and gained 40 pounds over the next 6 months.

Now that I'm stable again with a new job and frickin' outstanding pay, I should be able to get back to my lacto-veggie self.

Yup, got a Trader Joe's and Whole Foods (Whole Paycheck) nearby.
    ^^Former 300+lb Crew^^

MyFitnessPal ID: morrikj <-- ADD ME!

October 2010 - 350 lbs <-- THE OLD ME... NEVER GOING BACK!

New addiction: Kick Boxing

Starting weight as of 1/3/16: 223.9 lbs (weigh ins every Sunday)

1/10: 222.9 lbs

pradf4i has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pradf4i has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pradf4i has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the advice.

Yeah, I've done a ton of research over the past few years after losing weight. The best time I had was when I chose to go almost 100% vegan (I stopped buying products made from animals such as leather shoes, etc...). The breaking point for me was during a high stress period at a job I had to resign from. My mind just went blank and I mindlessly started eating everything around me without a second thought. Thus my fall from grace and gained 40 pounds over the next 6 months.

Now that I'm stable again with a new job and frickin' outstanding pay, I should be able to get back to my lacto-veggie self.

Yup, got a Trader Joe's and Whole Foods (Whole Paycheck) nearby.
    Hahaha, so true on the whole foods..
    Congrats on the new job and good luck on a lean 2013!!

Will add you on MFP.
    "Put that pizza down and don’t go near that gelato" - Me

Start Weight: 190 lbs | Finish Weight: xxxlbs | Lost: xxxlbs

wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Kelekin View Post
    Dude, you're bringing me back. I used to go around to tournaments in Western Canada. I didn't have the stamina due to my weight, but I was known to be insanely accurate. I won a 20 person tournament in Victoria (BC) once.
    Wow. Sounds like you were serious with this game!

I never really get any better. I have my favorite songs that let me burn a couple hundred calories in 15-20 minutes though.

Iusedtobefat99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iusedtobefat99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iusedtobefat99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iusedtobefat99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iusedtobefat99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iusedtobefat99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iusedtobefat99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iusedtobefat99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iusedtobefat99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iusedtobefat99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iusedtobefat99 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Everyone does what works for them, but I don't get the whole vegan thing. Animals are designed to eat other animals, it's just the way life works.
    Yes I know I am fat and weak. I'm working on it.
    I REP BACK.
    Everyone at BB constantly preaches meal timing is irrelevant. Then they religiously take a whey shake post-workout just to prove it.
    Ketosis: Because initiating lipolysis during a cut is obviously a terrible thing.
    Primal eating: Because cutting out processed foods is obviously a terrible thing.

Kelekin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kelekin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kelekin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kelekin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kelekin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kelekin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kelekin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kelekin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kelekin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kelekin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kelekin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by wings_unhinged View Post
    Wow. Sounds like you were serious with this game!

I never really get any better. I have my favorite songs that let me burn a couple hundred calories in 15-20 minutes though.
    I used to be bad, but then I learned a couple simple awesome tricks:

- Slowly start upping the speed of the notes in the option, because they are easier to see when they are separated out. So if they're faster, there is more distance between each arrow. Eventually your eyes adjust to faster and faster speeds.

- Never step back to the middle of the pad. Always move off the last arrow you're on. Although I imagine you might have already got this one, a lot of people make this mistake way too much.

And really...if you get better at the game, you'll get to do harder songs, which burn even more calories.
    START: xxx.x | 10-6: xxx | 10-13: xxx | 10-20: xxx | 10-27: xxx | Month Total: xx
    Total Loss:

Allowing my well-being ShapingUp's Avatar
    ShapingUp is just really nice. (+1000) ShapingUp is just really nice. (+1000) ShapingUp is just really nice. (+1000) ShapingUp is just really nice. (+1000) ShapingUp is just really nice. (+1000) ShapingUp is just really nice. (+1000) ShapingUp is just really nice. (+1000) ShapingUp is just really nice. (+1000) ShapingUp is just really nice. (+1000) ShapingUp is just really nice. (+1000) ShapingUp is just really nice. (+1000)
    I follow Swift on ******** and he just gave us an automatic diet planner. You can drag foods into the meal slots and it will figure out the macros. I just started fooling around with it and it seems like fun and possibly useful, so I thought I should share.

http://swole.me/
    Krete77's Weight Loss Competition April - July
    Goal Weight: 115
    GO RED TEAM!

Originally Posted by Danielbednarz2 View Post
    Didn't notice 50% of sigs that have all weigh-in days.. Doesn't understand that "updating a spreadsheet" for a fat loss competition means inputting weights.

OP why you no guess his weight?!?!
    I don't sit and read sigs mate, I came here to enter the comp, I've been too busy to sit and read every post.

Nice community here with responses like that...

wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Iusedtobefat99 View Post
    Everyone does what works for them, but I don't get the whole vegan thing. Animals are designed to eat other animals, it's just the way life works.
    Humans are omnivores, so we can go either way. If someone feels strongly about eating meat, ethics-wise, or feels sluggish and sedated (my experience) after eating meat, then they can abstain from eating it. A lack of meat that's been pumped with antibiotics and hormones with traces of fecal matter and slaughterhouse grime definitely won't have a negative impact on your health (although it'll be more of a challenge finding the protein).
    Last edited by wings_unhinged; 01-07-2013 at 06:14 PM.

TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I don't sit and read sigs mate, I came here to enter the comp, I've been too busy to sit and read every post.

Cause glancing over a sig while typing a response is a monumental time consuming event.

I love when someone tries to make everyone feel sorry for them.

No pity here.
    Only Those Who Risk Going Too Far Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go

Forever Cutting (My Road to 10%):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163945981

Danielbednarz2 is just really nice. (+1000) Danielbednarz2 is just really nice. (+1000) Danielbednarz2 is just really nice. (+1000) Danielbednarz2 is just really nice. (+1000) Danielbednarz2 is just really nice. (+1000) Danielbednarz2 is just really nice. (+1000) Danielbednarz2 is just really nice. (+1000) Danielbednarz2 is just really nice. (+1000) Danielbednarz2 is just really nice. (+1000) Danielbednarz2 is just really nice. (+1000) Danielbednarz2 is just really nice. (+1000)

Hey, I try! I've been plenty nice to everyone who's been actively participating in the threads

Originally Posted by TheNormalMan View Post
    Cause glancing over a sig while typing a response is a monumental time consuming event.

I love when someone tries to make everyone feel sorry for them.

No pity here.
    I saw the dates in the sig when it was mentioned... which was after the 2nd weigh-in was taken. There was no mention of the 6th being the date to weigh-in by in the original OP, so I'm struggling to understand why some of you people are being so petty with your reponses.

Originally Posted by Danielbednarz2 View Post
    Hey, I try! I've been plenty nice to everyone who's been actively participating in the threads
    Unfortunately I've not had time to browse these forums as much as I'd like, I just thought this comp might be a good way to get some motivation... didn't expect to get such crap from some of you. Really making the forum look great, thanks.

BradKemp is a name known to all. (+5000) BradKemp is a name known to all. (+5000) BradKemp is a name known to all. (+5000) BradKemp is a name known to all. (+5000) BradKemp is a name known to all. (+5000) BradKemp is a name known to all. (+5000) BradKemp is a name known to all. (+5000) BradKemp is a name known to all. (+5000) BradKemp is a name known to all. (+5000) BradKemp is a name known to all. (+5000) BradKemp is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I saw the dates in the sig when it was mentioned... which was after the 2nd weigh-in was taken. There was no mention of the 6th being the date to weigh-in by in the original OP, so I'm struggling to understand why some of you people are being so petty with your reponses.

Unfortunately I've not had time to browse these forums as much as I'd like, I just thought this comp might be a good way to get some motivation... didn't expect to get such crap from some of you. Really making the forum look great, thanks.

If you ask Krete nicely I'm sure he will allow you back in.

Worse case is he puts you on a waiting list and if you stay active he will eventually get you back in with your original weigh-in.

truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500)

Stop whining.

BRB laying 5 to 1 you don't make it a month. 15 to 1 you don't complete the competition..

Neg button is tempting me... people don't make me do it.

No crap! Hope you're doing well with the weight loss! I'm here for you! Just remember you can follow along with the thread if you don't get added back to the comp. I will comment on your progress every week for support!

Iren1cuss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iren1cuss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iren1cuss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iren1cuss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iren1cuss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iren1cuss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iren1cuss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iren1cuss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iren1cuss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iren1cuss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iren1cuss will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I made the same mistake as other posters in this thread and submitted late. I apologize and will submit on time next week.

morrikj777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrikj777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrikj777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrikj777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrikj777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrikj777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrikj777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrikj777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrikj777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrikj777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrikj777 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Iusedtobefat99 View Post
    It's because of an evolutionary stand point. We're technically vegetarians. However, many moons ago our ancestors had to survive through harsh winters. Unfortunately, plant material is scarce during winters and we were forced to seek out other sources of calories. Thus the hunter-gatherer was born. The trouble is, we're not designed as a species to digest meat the most effective way. As time went on and we became the dominate species on the planet there was no need for us to keep eating meat since we developed ways to mega-farm food and never have those harsh winters.

That's the issue with most people now in America or any developing country. There's an over-abundance of meat in on the market and it's too easy to over indulge. You can eat 2 tons of vegetables (hypothetically) and never gain a single pound. It's because our body will take what it needs from that and expel the rest without putting on extra fat.

I generally try to limit my meat intake anyway. I'll eat it maybe 3 times a week and the majority of my diet is vegetables, fruit or whole grain/seeds.
    ^^Former 300+lb Crew^^

Metspride129 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Metspride129 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Metspride129 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Metspride129 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Metspride129 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Metspride129 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Metspride129 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Metspride129 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Metspride129 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Metspride129 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Metspride129 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    had me a good cheat day today. was my mom's birthday and we went out to Outback for dinner. Had some bloomin onion, a few shirley temples, a rack of ribs, and sweet potato fries. nom nom nom. back to the gym tomorrow 8-)
    White Blood 2.0 Log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141970231 COMPLETED
    PROnom 23 Log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149041523 COMPLETED

The push to "one"derland
    Jan 1: 257 | Jan 8: 252 | Jan 15: 251.4

truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500)
    It's because of an evolutionary stand point. We're technically vegetarians. However, many moons ago our ancestors had to survive through harsh winters. Unfortunately, plant material is scarce during winters and we were forced to seek out other sources of calories. Thus the hunter-gatherer was born. The trouble is, we're not designed as a species to digest meat the most effective way. As time went on and we became the dominate species on the planet there was no need for us to keep eating meat since we developed ways to mega-farm food and never have those harsh winters.

That's the issue with most people now in America or any developing country. There's an over-abundance of meat in on the market and it's too easy to over indulge. You can eat 2 tons of vegetables (hypothetically) and never gain a single pound. It's because our body will take what it needs from that and expel the rest without putting on extra fat.

I generally try to limit my meat intake anyway. I'll eat it maybe 3 times a week and the majority of my diet is vegetables, fruit or whole grain/seeds.
    I'll just leave this here.

http://www.livescience.com/24875-meat-human-brain.html

Originally Posted by truushot View Post
    That point is invalid. It basically just says that meat provides more calories than the plant counterpart (since we discovered fire and figured out a way to cook food... further adding calories to the food). We can get all the calories we need from nutrient dense foods such as nuts or seeds. Cooked food, specifically cooked meat allowed us to socialize more and becoming a community. I believe that helped us evolve as a species in a fundamental level to work with each other rather than killing each other constantly.

"Either way, the finding implies that meat must have been an integral, and not sporadic, element of the prehuman diet more than 1 million years ago, said the study's lead author, Manuel Domínguez-Rodrigo, an archaeologist at Complutense University in Madrid."

We were spread out across many points in the world and maybe some of us didn't have access to the natural caloric dense foods. Now that we do have access, again, the point is moot for meat.
    ^^Former 300+lb Crew^^

TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You don't like meat, great. More beef for me.

Only Those Who Risk Going Too Far Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go

Forever Cutting (My Road to 10%):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163945981

Originally Posted by TheNormalMan View Post
    You don't like meat, great. More beef for me.

I never said I didn't like meat, I just dislike the way we treat our mass produced meat. In order for me to not support that form of raised meat, I'll try to seek out naturally raised and grass fed beef where they free roam and actually do my research behind the product. Some products will put that "free roaming" title on their product when it's not actually true.
    ^^Former 300+lb Crew^^

That point is invalid. It basically just says that meat provides more calories than the plant counterpart (since we discovered fire and figured out a way to cook food... further adding calories to the food). We can get all the calories we need from nutrient dense foods such as nuts or seeds. Cooked food, specifically cooked meat allowed us to socialize more and becoming a community. I believe that helped us evolve as a species in a fundamental level to work with each other rather than killing each other constantly.

"Either way, the finding implies that meat must have been an integral, and not sporadic, element of the prehuman diet more than 1 million years ago, said the study's lead author, Manuel Domínguez-Rodrigo, an archaeologist at Complutense University in Madrid."

We were spread out across many points in the world and maybe some of us didn't have access to the natural caloric dense foods. Now that we do have access, again, the point is moot for meat.
    This discussion isn't going to go anywhere. You're going to throw a bunch of points to say you're correct, other people are going to throw a bunch of points to say you're wrong. We should just settle on the reality that people believe different things and nutrition is a very complicated science, before this ends up in a silly argument (which, other places it might not, but this is bodybuilding.com, so we're about 3 posts from some guy calling you a *** and negging you).
    Total Loss:

caldave28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) caldave28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) caldave28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) caldave28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) caldave28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) caldave28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) caldave28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) caldave28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) caldave28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) caldave28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) caldave28 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What are you listening to during your workouts? I'm jamming some Morgan Page right now.