Thread: morning carbs?

propagandruw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) propagandruw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) propagandruw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) propagandruw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) propagandruw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) propagandruw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) propagandruw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) propagandruw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) propagandruw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) propagandruw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) propagandruw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

morning carbs?

Got a carb question related to breakfast time.

I want to keep growing while getting leaner at the same time, been slow but its working out so far but always looking for an edge.

So my question is should I forego carbs in the morning? Typically I eat a 1/3 cup whole grain oats, eggs/egg whites and a protein shake.

I know whole grain oats are a good carb and said to aid in slimming down the waist line but should I hold off on the carbs until after my workout? I work shifts so on my off days I usually go to the gym around 10-11 in the morning.

Pros/cons?

Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    umm first, oats dont slim down anything, actually no carb does. Second if you dont want carbs in the morning dont...if you enjoy them keep with it timing does not matter.
    "Voracious Overeaters Crew" (JasonDB) lol

Starting weight 235 lbs(April 2012) - Oct 29/12 159.1 lbs (FAIL)

Starting weight again 230 -235 lbs May 2015 - Nov 2015.. 211.9

Bulking

Icicle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Icicle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Icicle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Icicle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Icicle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Icicle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Icicle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Icicle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Icicle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Icicle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Icicle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    How are you growing while getting leaner? Tell me your secrets

NBThing is on a distinguished road. (+10) NBThing is on a distinguished road. (+10) NBThing is on a distinguished road. (+10) NBThing is on a distinguished road. (+10) NBThing is on a distinguished road. (+10) NBThing is on a distinguished road. (+10) NBThing is on a distinguished road. (+10) NBThing is on a distinguished road. (+10) NBThing is on a distinguished road. (+10) NBThing is on a distinguished road. (+10) NBThing is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Icicle View Post
    Not everyone has been on these forums for as long as you to learn, smartass.

propagandruw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) propagandruw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) propagandruw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) propagandruw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) propagandruw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) propagandruw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) propagandruw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) propagandruw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) propagandruw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) propagandruw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) propagandruw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Icicle View Post
    It is physically possible to do both, just not ideal. As I said its slow going, but thanks for answering my question helped me out a lot.

Originally Posted by Tdiguy View Post
    umm first, oats dont slim down anything, actually no carb does. Second if you dont want carbs in the morning dont...if you enjoy them keep with it timing does not matter.
    Thanks mate, I said that wrong about oats. Really all they do is keep you feeling full so you don't eat more, therefore aid in slimming down. I guess. That's what I've read and noticed since I've added me into my nutrition.

I could go either way with the carb thing tho. Doesn't bother me. It's just I wanted to know if I'd burn more fat leaving the carbs out until later since my body needs fuel after sleep it'd be primed to burn fat right when I wake up but at the same time you want that energy from carbs for your workout and the whole day. Just wanted to see what others thought and if anyone's tried this.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    This is worth reading:
    http://www.leangains.com/2012/06/why...me-hungry.html

It doesn't apply to everyone but may help you with appetite control

rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by propagandruw View Post
    Got a carb question related to breakfast time.

I want to keep growing while getting leaner at the same time, been slow but its working out so far but always looking for an edge.

So my question is should I forego carbs in the morning? Typically I eat a 1/3 cup whole grain oats, eggs/egg whites and a protein shake.

I know whole grain oats are a good carb and said to aid in slimming down the waist line but should I hold off on the carbs until after my workout? I work shifts so on my off days I usually go to the gym around 10-11 in the morning.

Pros/cons?
    My first question to you is, how long have you been lifting? I suspect not that long and considering your height and weight you can certainly get stronger while losing body fat for now.

In the meantime you have a lot to learn. The specific foods you eat for breakfast will not make or break your diet, it's total daily intake and nutrient sufficiency.

I suggest you begin with this link to learn the basics of composing a diet that will assist you in reaching your goals.

Post back with TEE, macro determinations, all stats and goals for feedback. GL

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981

DPeezy13 is a name known to all. (+5000) DPeezy13 is a name known to all. (+5000) DPeezy13 is a name known to all. (+5000) DPeezy13 is a name known to all. (+5000) DPeezy13 is a name known to all. (+5000) DPeezy13 is a name known to all. (+5000) DPeezy13 is a name known to all. (+5000) DPeezy13 is a name known to all. (+5000) DPeezy13 is a name known to all. (+5000) DPeezy13 is a name known to all. (+5000) DPeezy13 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I eat ezekiel bread in the morning quite often
    Bills Mafia crew

Requires even more external validation than a woman crew
    Cut for 4 months to lose 20 lbs only to put it all back on in 3 weeks crew

Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    For me I use oatmeal in the morning. I tend to like my carbs in the morning as a fast burning carb is always nice for morning energy. With macros timing does not always matter. If you like your carbs PWO use them then, if at night use then. It's more a preference.
    If you not feeling the burn your not pushing hard enough.
    "Don't talk about it, be about it" MK
    Change, Challenge, Compete

Originally Posted by rand18m View Post
    My first question to you is, how long have you been lifting? I suspect not that long and considering your height and weight you can certainly get stronger while losing body fat for now.

In the meantime you have a lot to learn. The specific foods you eat for breakfast will not make or break your diet, it's total daily intake and nutrient sufficiency.

I suggest you begin with this link to learn the basics of composing a diet that will assist you in reaching your goals.

Post back with TEE, macro determinations, all stats and goals for feedback. GL
    I am fairly new, so yes losing and gaining is a lot easier as a noob. I'm aware it'll get tougher as I go but I figured while its easier to get results any help I can get ill take.

Thanks for the read ill check it all out!

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Cheftepesh View Post
    I tend to like my carbs in the morning as a fast burning carb is always nice for morning energy.
    What in the world is a "fast burning carb"? You realize that the carbs you consume enter the blood as glucose and are "burned" at the exact same rate, right?

rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by propagandruw View Post
    I am fairly new, so yes losing and gaining is a lot easier as a noob. I'm aware it'll get tougher as I go but I figured while its easier to get results any help I can get ill take.

Thanks for the read ill check it all out!
    That's awesome! At this point just keep focusing on learning the in's and out's of resistance training, although it seems simple, it takes a long time.

I'm assuming at your weight and height and training experience, you have a bf% higher than you like so I suggest of that's the case go on cutting and lifting. You'll make progress and when you get your bf% where you want it, then reverse the process. Just don't get in any hurry to lose the weight right now, do it slowly and focus on your training. GL

Got2Lift82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Got2Lift82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Got2Lift82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Got2Lift82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Got2Lift82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Got2Lift82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wink

Where do u get ur info from? Wow. Oats does in fact help u lean down. And no don't skip it in the morning. Ur body jus went thru fasting while u were sleeping and its a crucial time to replenish all stores of ur body with good clean complex carbs.
    <Every Day Is A Battle Waiting To Be Conquered>

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Got2Lift82 View Post
    Oats does in fact help u lean down. And no don't skip it in the morning. Ur body jus went thru fasting while u were sleeping and its a crucial time to replenish all stores of ur body with good clean complex carbs.
    This is utterly incorrect, unless it sarcasm, in which case I need to service my detector.