RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

need help for soccer

im going back to playing soccer after almost a year and it feels like i dont even know how to properly kick a ball anymore lol. any tips to get back in it? i know that for sure my dribbling/ball control is horrible, so any tips on how to improve on it for starters?

ballerballer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ballerballer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ballerballer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ballerballer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ballerballer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ballerballer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ballerballer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ballerballer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ballerballer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ballerballer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ballerballer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by RearDeltoids View Post
    im going back to playing soccer after almost a year and it feels like i dont even know how to properly kick a ball anymore lol. any tips to get back in it? i know that for sure my dribbling/ball control is horrible, so any tips on how to improve on it for starters?
    this is what happens when you DONT PRACTICE, what i want you to do is play for soccer for 8 hours continously for a whole week no MATTER WHAT CONDITIONS, and i promise, if you do this, you will get ALL your skills back, this may seem ridiculous but you tell me after youve played soccer for 56hours and gotten your skills bback, bye

DeadlyStriker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeadlyStriker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeadlyStriker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeadlyStriker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeadlyStriker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeadlyStriker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeadlyStriker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeadlyStriker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeadlyStriker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeadlyStriker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeadlyStriker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hey relax kid. no one has time for 8 hrs a day. A couple hours is fine if possible. The more time with the ball, the more comfortable you get.

Just focus on getting use to the ball. Juggling the ball is a good way to get touch, control, and feel of the ball. Try things like dribbling back and forth with both feel in a controlled manner. Start off slow, and once you get the technique down, speed up. Then try looking at youtube and finding some moves. Add those into the dribbling, or practice those particular moves by themselves. Then use a wall for passing. Do two touch passing with both feet. then one touch. Then go try some long balls if you want. For shooting just do some dead ball shots, and touch then hit shots. Really try to focus on technique. Just a few ideas.

Now a big thing I always do, is go on youtube. No I don't go and watch videos with the best tricks and best goals. I usually pick a player that is my position, and type in (for example) "van persie vs." and then hit search. this will bring up a lot of videos with all of his touches within a game. It helps show you his movement off the ball, what he does with the ball in certain positions, and plus I can pick up some moves or fakes that they used that worked during the game.

I used to have a problem with my long ball when I was younger, so watching these videos and seeing how they would strike a long ball helped me get the technique down. Youtube is your friend. Watch a video, go and work on whatever you looked for, then come back if you are still struggling and work on it again.

Hopefully this helped. I kind of rattled on a bit like I always tend to do. Anything else let me know.

smkicker24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smkicker24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smkicker24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smkicker24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smkicker24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smkicker24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smkicker24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smkicker24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by RearDeltoids View Post
    I don't know about your financial situation, but I think it is best you get professional training either 1 on 1 or sign up for a local camp. Soccer is a very technical sport as you already know, it is best you get your touch back before the season. Being a college soccer athlete I've now been playing soccer for 14 years, if you want to PM me I'll give you some workouts I do with the people I train- they are no longer than an hour long, as well as good soccer cardio.
    -Sam
    2 4

RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by smkicker24 View Post
    I don't know about your financial situation, but I think it is best you get professional training either 1 on 1 or sign up for a local camp. Soccer is a very technical sport as you already know, it is best you get your touch back before the season. Being a college soccer athlete I've now been playing soccer for 14 years, if you want to PM me I'll give you some workouts I do with the people I train- they are no longer than an hour long, as well as good soccer cardio.
    thanks a lot, ive never been skilled at soccer so its not a problem of me being a rusty lol. i wish i could sign up for a local camp to develop my skills, but im pretty sure its all for young children and the camps for adults would be for players looking to play in college and stuff(elite). I'm still interested in the workouts though, ill PM you.

Originally Posted by DeadlyStriker View Post
    Hey relax kid. no one has time for 8 hrs a day. A couple hours is fine if possible. The more time with the ball, the more comfortable you get.

Just focus on getting use to the ball. Juggling the ball is a good way to get touch, control, and feel of the ball. Try things like dribbling back and forth with both feel in a controlled manner. Start off slow, and once you get the technique down, speed up. Then try looking at youtube and finding some moves. Add those into the dribbling, or practice those particular moves by themselves. Then use a wall for passing. Do two touch passing with both feet. then one touch. Then go try some long balls if you want. For shooting just do some dead ball shots, and touch then hit shots. Really try to focus on technique. Just a few ideas.

Now a big thing I always do, is go on youtube. No I don't go and watch videos with the best tricks and best goals. I usually pick a player that is my position, and type in (for example) "van persie vs." and then hit search. this will bring up a lot of videos with all of his touches within a game. It helps show you his movement off the ball, what he does with the ball in certain positions, and plus I can pick up some moves or fakes that they used that worked during the game.

I used to have a problem with my long ball when I was younger, so watching these videos and seeing how they would strike a long ball helped me get the technique down. Youtube is your friend. Watch a video, go and work on whatever you looked for, then come back if you are still struggling and work on it again.

Hopefully this helped. I kind of rattled on a bit like I always tend to do. Anything else let me know.
    yea, i've been looking at youtube too, and there's like a sh!tload of stuff to do, not sure where to get started really lol. My ball control is horrendous, I probably can't even dribble properly anymore lol

just played 11v11 drop in match lol. i've worked a bit on my ball control, but not enough i guess. my touch was pretty bad and i gave 1 too many balls away (3 times to be exact i think). yea, i just need to work on my ball control and dribbling pretty much, especially for my left foot

Slanman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Slanman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Slanman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Slanman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Slanman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Slanman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Slanman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Slanman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Slanman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Slanman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Slanman is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    kick a ball against a wall/chair/bed in your house when you arent doing anything else. if you suck with your left foot, kick with that.
    juggle the ball as often as you can. who cares if you mess up, just start over. no one can see!
    do a couple step overs before you kick the ball against w/e you are using. or use some other move. make up a move...do something weird. it doesnt matter

but try to spend at least 30 minutes a day juggling. it doesnt have to all be at once. do a few 5-10 minute sessions.
    if you arent playing with other people, the BEST....and i say the BEST thing you can do to work on your touch is go outside, kick the ball in the air pretty high (try to simulate a long pass someone may play you) and work on bringing the ball down nicely. this one simple thing is the greatest thing you can do to work on your touch.

also, try to do toe touches with the ball (you jump and touch the top of the ball with the bottom of one foot, then do the other) sorry i cant think of the real name lol.
    its kind of a workout, but its another great way to build up ball control. try to move the ball forwards or backwards while you do it. it will increase your fitness, agility and control. you will be able to do moves quicker to beat a player.

just remember, going back to the basics is a great thing to do. all that stuff you learned when you were a kid...the fundamentals... are required for the game to be played well!