Thread: Bulk or Cut?

Jumpjump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bulk or Cut?

I'm 6'33 (1,93m) and 220 lb (100kg). According to my treadmill I have 21,7% bodyfat. Do you guys think is about right? and should I do a cut or a bulk? I want to get really big but I also want to have <12% of bodyfat.
    Attached Images

JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Jumpjump View Post
    I want to get really big but I also want to have <12% of bodyfat.
    Hmmm, that's odd.... most of us either want to be skinny bean poles or huge fatasses. We cannot help you with your bizarre goal.

lol,

But seriously. I would say, based on your chest, that maybe you should bulk a bit more before cutting. Cutting a lot of fat now will only make you look like that bean pole fella I spoke of moments ago. But, honestly, it's nobody's choice but your own.

But that's what I'd do.

The good news: you have strong delts and lats already visable. So either way will be good, perhaps.
    "You can always be thinner... look better"
    Patrick Bateman

Jumpjump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by JohnRainbo View Post
    Hmmm, that's odd.... most of us either want to be skinny bean poles or huge fatasses. We cannot help you with your bizarre goal.

lol,

But seriously. I would say, based on your chest, that maybe you should bulk a bit more before cutting. Cutting a lot of fat now will only make you look like that bean pole fella I spoke of moments ago. But, honestly, it's nobody's choice but your own.

But that's what I'd do.

The good news: you have strong delts and lats already visable. So either way will be good, perhaps.
    I probably didn't use the right words. I want to get something like your profile picture but for that I have to get way bigger muscles and I have to be much leaner. And I know I can't lose fat and build muscle at the same time that's why I was wondering if I should cut first or bulk and then cut. But I think I'll go with what you said. I'll bulk a lot and then cut even though 21% of bodyfat seems like a lot for me.

TekkinBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) TekkinBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) TekkinBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) TekkinBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) TekkinBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) TekkinBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) TekkinBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) TekkinBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) TekkinBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) TekkinBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) TekkinBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    how long have you been lifting? if you cut you're just going to look skinny with no muscle mass. i'd say eat clean above maintenance and lift HEAVY.

Gladitat0r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gladitat0r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gladitat0r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gladitat0r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gladitat0r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gladitat0r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gladitat0r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gladitat0r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gladitat0r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gladitat0r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gladitat0r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    clean bulk

JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Jumpjump View Post
    And I know I can't lose fat and build muscle at the same time that's why I was wondering if I should cut first or bulk and then cut.
    Many people will say this is correct. I do not. I feel you can cleanly bulk, and even lose fat at the same time. I can... maybe I am just lucky. It's a harder road, with a much stricter diet, but it's possible. I see a lot of people turn into blubbering fatasses, and then cut after. I think it's a little unnecessary, actually.
    "You can always be thinner... look better"
    Patrick Bateman

MHANSARD is on a distinguished road. (+10) MHANSARD is on a distinguished road. (+10) MHANSARD is on a distinguished road. (+10) MHANSARD is on a distinguished road. (+10) MHANSARD is on a distinguished road. (+10) MHANSARD is on a distinguished road. (+10) MHANSARD is on a distinguished road. (+10) MHANSARD is on a distinguished road. (+10) MHANSARD is on a distinguished road. (+10) MHANSARD is on a distinguished road. (+10) MHANSARD is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by JohnRainbo View Post
    Many people will say this is correct. I do not. I feel you can cleanly bulk, and even lose fat at the same time. I can... maybe I am just lucky. It's a harder road, with a much stricter diet, but it's possible. I see a lot of people turn into blubbering fatasses, and then cut after. I think it's a little unnecessary, actually.
    I agree to your way of thinking . Clean is better. Most people use the term bulk to just become fat and eat everything in site. I say a nice clean bulk will do the job and make it to where there is not so much work to do when it's time to cut properly.
    I'm just loving life. That's what it's all about in the end anyway.