FatRastafarian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Some guidance needed by the pros

Hey there. Just finished week 1 of a 12 week program to help get leaner/cut and would just like to know what kind of results I "should" be getting at the end of it.

Start off the day with empty-stomach cardio. This ranges from a 45-1 hour bike ride or 30 minute to 60 minute walk at a moderate to fast pace. Come home then have 1 scoop of Lean Mass Whey Protein powder ... thinking about having 2 scoops. I blend it with trim milk, ice and a banana and that's my breakfast. 2-3 hours later I'll have a tuna sandwich on wholemeal bread, avocado and egg mayo spread on it with some tomato. 2-3 hours later will be a piece of fruit, usually nectarine. 2-3 hours later will be some food I cooked throughout the week, usually chicken or beef mixed with frozen veggies and brown rice (sometimes brown rice). An hour or two later will be my weight training. I'm NOT a strong guy. I only have dumbbells and can't afford the gym as I live paycheck to paycheck. I do arms one day, chest next day, shoulders the next. Then do that cycle again, totalling 6 days a week of weight training. It's only 4 or 5 different variations of exercises. 3 sets of 8 reps. Each week I'm upping the reps by 1. After the weights I'll do 10 pushups, 30 crunches, then repeat another two times with no rest, and MAYBE another form of cardio, sometimes a 10-15 minute jog. I'm not a strong guy but always make sure I have proper form and can only look forward to adding more weight over the next few weeks. After that workout I have a scoop of more whey then usually bed.

So is there anything I could do to alter this program or leave it as it is in order to get more lean and cut? Thanks

strengthgainr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) strengthgainr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) strengthgainr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) strengthgainr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) strengthgainr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) strengthgainr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    You're overdoing it, plain and simple. Weights 6x a week in addition to 30-60 minutes of cardio everyday? And you do 3 sets of 4 exercises each session.

You might be able to keep it up for now but you'll burn out quick. It's a much better idea to pace yourself with this so you don't stop in a few weeks. Seriously.

Since you're trying to lose fat, I'd recommend lifting weights 3 times a week and doing the cardio on the other days. Your cardio seems fine. Fasted low intensity cardio is a good plan. On your weight lifting days be sure to target big movements like the bench press, squat and deadlift. Never more than 12-14 sets per work out and you should be finished in 45-60 minutes. You can do some light cardio for 15-20 minutes like a walk (not a jog) on the treadmill after the work outs.

The only program that works is the one you can stick with consistently. I guarantee you'll hate your current routine soon. Take it easy.
    Triple your gains with my FREE report over at:

www.strengthgainer.com