Closed Thread
    Juicy555 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy 15 year old scrawny kid needs help.

Ok. I used to be pretty fat most of my teens. I have since lost 40 pounds in the past two years and weigh 133lbs. I'm 15. I have never worked out before but have decided I want to play football next year so bows the time to start. I went to the gym and couldn't do 115lbs benching. Yup haha. Anyway I bought a benching set and a 15&20 pound dumbbell. Is this enough to get started? I want to bench 130ish in a year if possible. I overestimated the weight of the bar so didn't get enough weights so I only did 55lbs 20 times twice in a 30 minute period with dumbbell stuff in between...

Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    1. You went to the gym and had full access to a barbell, yet you went out and bought a pair of dumbbells? Wut?
    2. Simple. You want to "bulk" for football, it's going to come down to Eating more and Compound lifts

I'd suggest returning the dumbbells, going back to the gym and benching (we all start somewhere), and using common sense next time.

Alesso11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alesso11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alesso11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alesso11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alesso11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alesso11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alesso11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alesso11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alesso11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alesso11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alesso11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ErikTheElectric View Post
    1. You went to the gym and had full access to a barbell, yet you went out and bought a pair of dumbbells? Wut?
    2. Simple. You want to "bulk" for football, it's going to come down to Eating more and Compound lifts

I'd suggest returning the dumbbells, going back to the gym and benching (we all start somewhere), and using common sense next time.
    basically the best advice here, first starting out eat everything and do lots of compound lifts

16.75" of Clive wannabe natypes's Avatar
    natypes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) natypes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) natypes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) natypes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) natypes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) natypes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) natypes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) natypes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) natypes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) natypes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) natypes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Read the stickies
    You are the only problem you will ever have and YOU are the only solution.

Car Crew
    Only misc 8-5 crew M-F
    Android Crew
    Indie Music Crew
    Black girl magic crew
    Home chef crew
    Warzone 2 crew
    FJB