SolidLink22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SolidLink22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SolidLink22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SolidLink22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SolidLink22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SolidLink22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SolidLink22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SolidLink22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SolidLink22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SolidLink22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SolidLink22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

a good 5 day split?

hey guys I'm new to this. What would be a good 5 day split?

strengthgainr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) strengthgainr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) strengthgainr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) strengthgainr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) strengthgainr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) strengthgainr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by SolidLink22 View Post
    hey guys I'm new to this. What would be a good 5 day split?
    For a newbie? I'd say there's no good 5 day split. You've got to pick a routine you can stick to and most newbies choose a 5 or 6 day split that the take off with at 200% only to quit 2 months down the line.

Start off with working out 3-4 days a week max. Once you find a groove and are more comfortable with weights / get used to muscle soreness, ramp it up.

A good work out depends on your goals. Strength? Fat Loss? Muscle size?
    Triple your gains with my FREE report over at:

www.strengthgainer.com

SolidLink22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SolidLink22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SolidLink22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SolidLink22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SolidLink22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SolidLink22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SolidLink22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SolidLink22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SolidLink22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SolidLink22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SolidLink22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by strengthgainr View Post
    For a newbie? I'd say there's no good 5 day split. You've got to pick a routine you can stick to and most newbies choose a 5 or 6 day split that the take off with at 200% only to quit 2 months down the line.

Start off with working out 3-4 days a week max. Once you find a groove and are more comfortable with weights / get used to muscle soreness, ramp it up.

A good work out depends on your goals. Strength? Fat Loss? Muscle size?
    I'm trying to put on some muscle

svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000)
    Nah dude I'd listen to strengthgainr he's right on the money.
    5 day splits is really for pros who got to such a level they require a whole workout just for one body part, and then they need a whole week just to recover that part.
    I recommend starting with 1 day split (2-3x days a week) then progress to 2 day split (4 days a week) to get good muscle gains.

Originally Posted by svartberg View Post
    Nah dude I'd listen to strengthgainr he's right on the money.
    5 day splits is really for pros who got to such a level they require a whole workout just for one body part, and then they need a whole week just to recover that part.
    I recommend starting with 1 day split (2-3x days a week) then progress to 2 day split (4 days a week) to get good muscle gains.
    How would the 2 day split work?

Jfern689 is just really nice. (+1000) Jfern689 is just really nice. (+1000) Jfern689 is just really nice. (+1000) Jfern689 is just really nice. (+1000) Jfern689 is just really nice. (+1000) Jfern689 is just really nice. (+1000) Jfern689 is just really nice. (+1000) Jfern689 is just really nice. (+1000) Jfern689 is just really nice. (+1000) Jfern689 is just really nice. (+1000) Jfern689 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Five days splits will wear you down fast and your mind and body will eventually get tired. Three or Four days to start is good.

day 1: Chest and Tris
    Day 2: Back and Biceps
    day 3: Legs
    day 4 Iso shoulders?????

strengthgainr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) strengthgainr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) strengthgainr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) strengthgainr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) strengthgainr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) strengthgainr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Okay here's my suggestion:

Day 1: Chest / shoulders

Day 2: Rest

Day 3: Back / abs

Day 4: Rest

Day 5: Legs / abs

Day 6: 30 minute walk (this will help clear up muscle soreness and you don't have to do it if you have a moderately active day)

Day 7: 30 minute walk

Stick with this for 1-2 months. If you find that you can stick with it, I would add triceps to the chest day.

I'm not going to give you an exact work out, just guidelines that you can use to play around with your routine.

- Make sure you include flat bench press on Chest day.
    - Deadlift on back day
    - Squats on leg day.
    - Do no more than 12-14 working sets per day
    - 3-4 sets per exercise
    - no more than 90 seconds rest between sets
    - Choose challenging weights that give you 8-10 CLEAN reps.
    - Research form before starting so you don't hurt yourself.

Here's a sample Day 3

Warm up
    4 sets of Pull ups
    4 sets of dead lifts
    4 sets of rows

5-10 minutes on crunches or hanging leg raises. We're not including abs in your total set count for the day.

And you're done. Shouldn't take you more than 45 minutes to an hour (excluding warm up.)

www.strengthgainer.com

^ thank you so much you. I really appreciate your advice

Joe2DovesGiotto is just really nice. (+1000) Joe2DovesGiotto is just really nice. (+1000) Joe2DovesGiotto is just really nice. (+1000) Joe2DovesGiotto is just really nice. (+1000) Joe2DovesGiotto is just really nice. (+1000) Joe2DovesGiotto is just really nice. (+1000) Joe2DovesGiotto is just really nice. (+1000) Joe2DovesGiotto is just really nice. (+1000) Joe2DovesGiotto is just really nice. (+1000) Joe2DovesGiotto is just really nice. (+1000) Joe2DovesGiotto is just really nice. (+1000)
    ...new to this...
    Full body / splits, which to choose? : forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=137364463

... after you familiarize yourself w/ the above link, head over to the Workout Programs stickies, where there are some excellent routines for new-to-this lifters. Putting in a little research legwork will save you many months of wheel-spinning wondering why your gains aren't what you expected. You'll quickly get up to speed w/ some initiative and possibly make progress ahead of expectations.

Originally Posted by Joe2DovesGiotto View Post
    Full body / splits, which to choose? : forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=137364463

... after you familiarize yourself w/ the above link, head over to the Workout Programs stickies, where there are some excellent routines for new-to-this lifters. Putting in a little research legwork will save you many months of wheel-spinning wondering why your gains aren't what you expected. You'll quickly get up to speed w/ some initiative and possibly make progress ahead of expectations.
    Thanks for the link.

^ thank you so much you. I really appreciate your advice
    No problem bud, good luck.

www.strengthgainer.com