egyptianboy is not very well liked. (-100) egyptianboy is not very well liked. (-100) egyptianboy is not very well liked. (-100) egyptianboy is not very well liked. (-100) egyptianboy is not very well liked. (-100) egyptianboy is not very well liked. (-100) egyptianboy is not very well liked. (-100) egyptianboy is not very well liked. (-100) egyptianboy is not very well liked. (-100) egyptianboy is not very well liked. (-100) egyptianboy is not very well liked. (-100)

Is changing rep ranges needed?

The newer you are to weightlifting so to speak the longer a routine will work for you/me so i just need to stay constituent. ,

And although this wont apply to me for a while but just for the sake of knowing the facts, is changing rep ranges needed?, like say when you hit a plateau? or as long as you progressively overload you could keep making gains with your favorite rep range?, and just chance other variables when you do plateau

chrisimundo is just really nice. (+1000) chrisimundo is just really nice. (+1000) chrisimundo is just really nice. (+1000) chrisimundo is just really nice. (+1000) chrisimundo is just really nice. (+1000) chrisimundo is just really nice. (+1000) chrisimundo is just really nice. (+1000) chrisimundo is just really nice. (+1000) chrisimundo is just really nice. (+1000) chrisimundo is just really nice. (+1000) chrisimundo is just really nice. (+1000)
    using confusion on muscles is super effective bro
    Mobilize,Strengthen,Breakdown,Repeat

mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    change rep range, rep speed, amount of sets, total volume, completely diff exercises, weight used
    The 2 most important things to me when training are 1. The Muscle Mind Connection. and 2. Intensity

NSCA Certified Trainer
    NPC Competitor
    Utah State Firefighter

JoocyJake is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoocyJake is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoocyJake is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoocyJake is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoocyJake is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoocyJake is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoocyJake is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoocyJake is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoocyJake is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoocyJake is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoocyJake is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by mormonpickett View Post
    change rep range, rep speed, amount of sets, total volume, completely diff exercises, weight used
    Miring back bro

RedSoxBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Time under tension is important, not rep range.

egyptianboy is not very well liked. (-100) egyptianboy is not very well liked. (-100) egyptianboy is not very well liked. (-100) egyptianboy is not very well liked. (-100) egyptianboy is not very well liked. (-100) egyptianboy is not very well liked. (-100) egyptianboy is not very well liked. (-100) egyptianboy is not very well liked. (-100) egyptianboy is not very well liked. (-100) egyptianboy is not very well liked. (-100) egyptianboy is not very well liked. (-100)
    but can someone gain muscle until they hit there genetic potential with the same rep range as long as they progressively overload? that's my only question.

Originally Posted by chrisimundo View Post
    using confusion on muscles is super effective bro
    they throw around the expression ''if it ain't broke don't fix it,'' and I go by that but what im saying is when one does plateau which is inevitable is changing rep ranges needed?

because say if ur goal is only hypertrophy you can only lower the reps or increase them so high because doing let's say 5 reps would only build strength and not size

Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I love me some time under tension.

I'll do that when I plateau , i just need facts on the rep range topic so i don't have to make another thread when I do.

1ntensityrules is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1ntensityrules is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1ntensityrules is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1ntensityrules is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1ntensityrules is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1ntensityrules is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1ntensityrules is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1ntensityrules is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1ntensityrules is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1ntensityrules is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1ntensityrules is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Pretty sure you got banned for trolling a couple weeks back, so im out

Mechabol is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mechabol is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mechabol is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mechabol is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mechabol is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mechabol is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mechabol is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mechabol is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mechabol is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mechabol is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mechabol is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by RedSoxBrah View Post
    Time under tension is important, not rep range.
    This. And unless you're a noob, variable rep ranges are best.

Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    No, its not necessary to change up the rep range
    ~Jesus Christ Is My Savior Crew~

The land at the end of our toes goes on and on,
    The sand at the core of our bones continues on

Hey I just met you. And this is crazy. But today is chest day. So spot me maybe?

Art thou prone to such insurmountable force upon thou biceps?

Originally Posted by Tb0282 View Post
    thanks for reply, but would it be optimal down the road?

Originally Posted by Mechabol View Post
    I'll just keep progressively overloading for now then.

can you clarify what is ''variable rep ranges''?

Mechabol is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mechabol is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mechabol is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mechabol is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mechabol is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mechabol is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mechabol is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mechabol is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mechabol is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mechabol is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mechabol is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by egyptianboy View Post
    can you clarify what is ''variable rep ranges''?
    It's simply doing a different number of repetitions in each set. For example, I might do 3x5 with 315 on bench press. On my last set, I'd go for a triple with 325.

It's simply doing a different number of repetitions in each set. For example, I might do 3x5 with 315 on bench press. On my last set, I'd go for a triple with 325.
    ohh, all i do is do straight sets, so almost same thing on every set(for me

Toostrainin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Toostrainin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Toostrainin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Toostrainin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Toostrainin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Toostrainin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Toostrainin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Toostrainin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Toostrainin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Toostrainin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Toostrainin has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Tb0282 View Post
    Changing rep range is good and bad depending on your goal. powerlifting, moving heavy weight, you wanna do a lower rep range. i'd say if you wanna get the muscle bigger work on volume, so higher reps but then you'll not gain as much power. Lower reps with a higher weight will increase strength and over time you're muscles will be bigger, but never as big/shaped as a bodybuilder who only focuses on many reps. But you'll be more powerful

FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    its not necessary, but it is optimal
    The best years of your life are the ones in which you decide your problems are your own. You do not blame them on your mother, the ecology, or the president. You realize that you control your own destiny.

Registered User miamibodybuilder's Avatar
    miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000)
    in my opinion, it's important to change things up every so often. i actually use different rep ranges all the time and not just when i plateau. i believe if you keep the muscle guessing, that will certainly help you with growth. i'll give you an example of a workout last friday for arms. i started with straight bar cable pushdowns supersetting with incline db curls. for these two exercises i used a rep range of 15-20, now on my next two exercises which were skulls and hammer strength preacher curls, i used a rep range of 6-10. and i do this all the time with all my workouts. it actually keeps it interesting and fresh because i can change it up any time i want.
    NGA Natural bodybuilder
    AAEFX Board Rep
    Team Natural Freak