sports19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sports19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sports19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sports19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sports19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sports19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sports19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sports19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sports19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sports19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sports19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

5x5 or a ws4sb template

What do you guys recommend for me to do for my goals. My goals are to become faster and jump higher(who's isnt). I can squat 255x1 and weigh 155lbs. I have done some starting strength in the past and that is what got me to my 255 now. I was thinking about doing madcows or ws4sb3 and I really want to finally dunk a basketball and get my 40 down. I go back and forth with which routine I want to do for the next 3 months because I also play some sports during the week too. A 5x5 might be to much on my legs if I am squatting 3 times a week and playing basketball once a week. That 5x5 would get my squat up though and I know that having more relative strength would get me to increase explosiveness. So with ws4sb2 I can have a heavy day and a speed day and then my third day could be my basketball game. So it makes sense but I really just am not sure what to do. How would you guys set it up? Vertical now is a standing 26.5 inches and running probably around 30. I am 5'9" with a 7'6" reach and can touch the rim after a run.

NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Tough call. Either one would work, I say. You don't have a bad level of strength for your body weight, but it could be better. Personally, I'd go with 5x5 because I just like it more. To give you an idea of what increased strength can do for you, I'm your height (give or take a quarter of an inch) and when I could squat about 410 I could grab rim from standing vert at 170. I don't know what my vert was back then, but I think I'm an inch or two off of what I used to be, and I recently got measured at 30"-31"
    ★★★USF MISC CREW★★★
    **MISC Strength Crew**

"If thou wilt make a man happy, add not unto his riches but take away from his desires." - Epicurus

PRs
    500/405/615

Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159250211

MS,CSCS,CF-L1,USAW,WBB HamburgerTrain's Avatar
    HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by sports19 View Post
    What do you guys recommend for me to do for my goals. My goals are to become faster and jump higher(who's isnt). I can squat 255x1 and weigh 155lbs. I have done some starting strength in the past and that is what got me to my 255 now. I was thinking about doing madcows or ws4sb3 and I really want to finally dunk a basketball and get my 40 down. I go back and forth with which routine I want to do for the next 3 months because I also play some sports during the week too. A 5x5 might be to much on my legs if I am squatting 3 times a week and playing basketball once a week. That 5x5 would get my squat up though and I know that having more relative strength would get me to increase explosiveness. So with ws4sb2 I can have a heavy day and a speed day and then my third day could be my basketball game. So it makes sense but I really just am not sure what to do. How would you guys set it up? Vertical now is a standing 26.5 inches and running probably around 30. I am 5'9" with a 7'6" reach and can touch the rim after a run.
    It doesn't matter which one you do. Pick one right now and start doing it as hard as you possibly can right now. As long as you eat and sleep enough, you will get bigger stronger and faster.
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats."

sports19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sports19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sports19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sports19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sports19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sports19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sports19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sports19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sports19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sports19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sports19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ok thanks for the help! If I do the 5x5 would I be ok having my game on Thursday nights? I need to be somewhat fresh to play basketball so will squat Monday,Wednesday and Friday be to much for my games Thursday?

NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Is the deadlift on Wednesday with Madcows? I forgot. If so, then I wouldn't recommend it.
    ★★★USF MISC CREW★★★
    **MISC Strength Crew**

"If thou wilt make a man happy, add not unto his riches but take away from his desires." - Epicurus

PRs
    500/405/615

Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159250211

RawAthletics is on a distinguished road. (+10) RawAthletics is on a distinguished road. (+10) RawAthletics is on a distinguished road. (+10) RawAthletics is on a distinguished road. (+10) RawAthletics is on a distinguished road. (+10) RawAthletics is on a distinguished road. (+10) RawAthletics is on a distinguished road. (+10) RawAthletics is on a distinguished road. (+10) RawAthletics is on a distinguished road. (+10) RawAthletics is on a distinguished road. (+10) RawAthletics is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Do both. Do one for 4-6 weeks, then switch to the next for 4-6 weeks. Both are great systems, and by switching back and forth, you will make sure your body never grows accustom to a program, which could help in avoiding a plateau. Plus it will keep things interesting.
    **If you're interested in being a rep or a sponsored athlete, message us!**

Workout clothes smell like ish? You're using the wrong detergent and ruining the fabric!

http://www.rawathletics.com