Registered User studinthemaking's Avatar
    studinthemaking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) studinthemaking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) studinthemaking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) studinthemaking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) studinthemaking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) studinthemaking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) studinthemaking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) studinthemaking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) studinthemaking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) studinthemaking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) studinthemaking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Drop Sets, Super Sets, or Negative sets for building strength and getting ripped?

I wanted to work on getting ripped and building mega size strength this winter. I was going to use a lean mass gains and gain strength lifting programs.

But I don't know which rep type program to use with that program.

Which One Has Worked Best For You: Drop Sets, Super Sets, or negative sets for building strength and getting ripped?
    Keep stackin on the plates, my muscles are hungry for more!

JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    For strength gains I would use none of the above!

Look at most any proven strength routine and they all have the same thing in common: multiple sets with low reps and adiquite rest periods.

Super sets and drop sets are generally used as a method to increase volume/training density, with primary goal being hypertrophy. Negatives, I think you'll find more people against them then for them

Steve2402 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Steve2402 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Steve2402 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Steve2402 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Steve2402 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Steve2402 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Steve2402 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Steve2402 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Steve2402 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Steve2402 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Steve2402 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Agree with above. To get ripped, you'd need to lower body fat as well. I like a dropset of EZ bar curls at the end of chest and bicep workout, and superset db bench and flies when I'm pushed for time.
    "The difference between impossible and possible, is the strength of ones determination"

"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little"

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by studinthemaking View Post

I wanted to work on getting ripped.....

...... and building mega size....

......... strength this winter.
    You're all over the place here. You need to define your goal, and then devise a plan to get there.

Which One Has Worked Best For You: Drop Sets, Super Sets, or negative sets for building strength and getting ripped?
    None of these, actually. Other than using some drop sets once in a Blue Moon, I stick pretty much to putting all my effort into progressing simple straight sets or ramped sets. Not a very 'slick' or 'flashy' way to train, but very effective if they're worked consistently and hard.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

ThatGuy227 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGuy227 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGuy227 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGuy227 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGuy227 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGuy227 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGuy227 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGuy227 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGuy227 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGuy227 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGuy227 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    OP you're talking about two different things here.. getting big and getting shredded. Both can't be achieved very well at all at the same time. Choose one or the other. Bulk first then cut.

As far as all the different techniques you listed.. those are all just different ways of hitting the muscles and shocking them differently. If size is the goal, make sure you're in a caloric surplus and are progressing week after week either in reps or weight and it will equal profit. Bulk until you feel fat and cut.

studinthemaking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) studinthemaking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) studinthemaking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) studinthemaking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) studinthemaking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) studinthemaking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) studinthemaking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) studinthemaking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) studinthemaking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) studinthemaking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) studinthemaking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I just finish a bulk and now I what to get cut and strong.

Originally Posted by ThatGuy227 View Post
    OP you're talking about two different things here.. getting big and getting shredded. Both can't be achieved very well at all at the same time. Choose one or the other. Bulk first then cut.

As far as all the different techniques you listed.. those are all just different ways of hitting the muscles and shocking them differently. If size is the goal, make sure you're in a caloric surplus and are progressing week after week either in reps or weight and it will equal profit. Bulk until you feel fat and cut.

bevans100fitnes is not very helpful. (-500) bevans100fitnes is not very helpful. (-500) bevans100fitnes is not very helpful. (-500) bevans100fitnes is not very helpful. (-500) bevans100fitnes is not very helpful. (-500) bevans100fitnes is not very helpful. (-500) bevans100fitnes is not very helpful. (-500) bevans100fitnes is not very helpful. (-500) bevans100fitnes is not very helpful. (-500) bevans100fitnes is not very helpful. (-500) bevans100fitnes is not very helpful. (-500)
    Drop sets, super sets, and negatives... are all more important for muscle size than for strength.

Dropsets and supersets are particularly useless for strength. Strengthwise it is most effective to fully recover between sets and go heavy as hell.

But like I said all 3 are useful for building size. And "getting ripped" falls under the category of gaining size bevause it is muscle size in comparison to "fat size" that is concealing it.

what I'm saying is your title is misleading.... Frequently the best thing for getting ripped and getting strong are 2 different things.