Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Brandon85c will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brandon85c will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brandon85c will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brandon85c will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brandon85c will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brandon85c will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brandon85c will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brandon85c will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brandon85c will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brandon85c will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brandon85c will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by GarbageJedi View Post
    High protein foods are your meats. Carbs are your sugars which include grains. Read all your labels. I said goodbye to all sugar, grains and fruits. The only vegetables I eat are green (lettuce, brocolli etc.) When counting calories its all about in vs out. Doing low carb just allows you to eat satisfying and filling foods ( who doesn't like steak and eggs). I would rather eat 10oz chicken breast (~330calories) and be full after than 2 crispy kreme donuts (400cal) and still be hungry, but as long as you maintain a calorie deficit it doesn't matter. As for the whey protein I just prefer to chew my food (again more satisfying to me). Try cooking a large pack of chicken breast and boiling a dozen eggs. When you feel hungry grab a breast and an egg (4oz breast ~110 calorie, 1egg ~70 calories). You could do that every hour for 10 hours and still be under your daily goal. (just to give you and idea how much you can eat).

wow man im elated by that chicken breast great! im definatley on line with that can you toss a couple more good ideas like that man reps for that!!!
    Trying to make it!!!!

tazui1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tazui1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tazui1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tazui1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tazui1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tazui1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tazui1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tazui1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tazui1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tazui1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tazui1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you fail on all pro's routine and find it hard to do than try Starting strength by Mark Rippetoe
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...1379243&page=1

If you think the weight is heavy start with body weight squats. Good luck

Quasimodo63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quasimodo63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quasimodo63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quasimodo63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quasimodo63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quasimodo63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quasimodo63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quasimodo63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quasimodo63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quasimodo63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quasimodo63 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I weighed 303 pounds January 2nd and weighed 199 on July 15th. Here's what worked for me. I lost the first 50 pounds doing a ton of cardio. I started with a one mile jog 3 times a week, and worked up slowly until after two months, I was running 20-30 minutes 3 days a week, and riding an exercise bike for 20-30 minutes the other days, sometimes doing two sessions a day. I counted calories religiously and refused to lie to myself. I was at 1800-2000 a day, and lost 4 pounds a week like clockwork. It may not be the most healthy, but I drank a lot of diet coke, it worked for me. After the first 50 pounds, I signed up for a half ironman triathlon (1 mile swim, 56 mile bike, and 13 mile run). I trained like a maniac for 4 months, and completed it. During the whole time, my lifting was limited to about 2 hours a week, usually a full body workout 3 times a week, circuit training. At my peak I was doing 12 hours of cardio a week. I tracked every calorie on loseit.com. I still do. Here is an example of food for the day: Breakfastrotein bar (200calories), snack: Greek yogurt (140 calories), snack: low fat cheese sticks: 150 calories, lunch: chicken breast and green veggies (300 calories), snack: cottage cheese and edemame nuts (200 calories), snack: protein bar (200 calories), dinner fish and veggies (400 calories), snack: powdered peanut butter and celery (150 calories). Total: 1740 calories. When I started doing long sessions for triathlon training, I obviously ate more (2 hour runs, 3-4 hour bike rides). I didn't cheat, ever. Today, I still count calories, and sometimes cheat, but I count everything. Now that I am close to where I want to be, I eat a lot more, and am focusing on more lifting and less cardio. On the positive, you genuinely want to change, and are asking for advice in the right place. On the down side, you have some excuses, and aren't being truthful in how many calories you are putting in your body. Good luck.

veneficuz is on a distinguished road. (+10) veneficuz is on a distinguished road. (+10) veneficuz is on a distinguished road. (+10) veneficuz is on a distinguished road. (+10) veneficuz is on a distinguished road. (+10) veneficuz is on a distinguished road. (+10) veneficuz is on a distinguished road. (+10) veneficuz is on a distinguished road. (+10) veneficuz is on a distinguished road. (+10) veneficuz is on a distinguished road. (+10) veneficuz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Former 300 club here, and looking really good 2 years later.

I read like two sentences and figured out your problem right away.

2500 is way too much, I lost a lot of my weight at 1200-1700 I'm 6'2 190 now. I don't go that low now, but I did then. The trick to these whole puzzle is eating at 1400-1700 calories and doing it the easiest way u can. For me it's protein shakes and coke zero, and meal timing ie. lean gains variants. Everything you eat must have protein and no straight sugars. If u cheat have meat is what I always say. That's it, oh and workout 3 times a week, I prefer high reps makes me less hungry. The secret is out oupsz

checkone2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) checkone2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) checkone2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) checkone2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) checkone2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) checkone2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) checkone2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) checkone2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) checkone2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) checkone2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) checkone2 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    220kg at my heaviest.

What worked for me was low carbs heavy lifting and lots of water 7+ lt a day.

Ended up getting a body fit media armband to help watching my burn. I found the online calculators were all different. What worked also was a 1300 cal deficit a day with a cheat day on Saturdays.

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    OP if you are winning "back" calories, stop.

If you're goal is 2500 calories, eat 2500 (not 2500 + the 300 calories myfitnesspal says you can have because you walked for 45 minutes).

Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Brandon85c View Post
    **********SIGH***************
    ...anyway I take psych medicine for certain conditions ,that might interact or add to my anxiety or depression...
    Have you researched this aspect?

4lb/wk loss at your weight is 1.3% your body weight. Possible, but you should be happy with anything around 1% (some say as low as 0.5% mass) of your body weight. As your mass decreases you should expect a reduction in the rate of progress unless you change another aspect by consuming less or doing more. Personally, I think it is important to find a system that works for your individual needs and well being. If stressing too much, that is not helpful. If it takes a little longer it might seem a little more natural for you and if you are dedicated to the weights you will likely build a little more muscle during the transition. That may yield a better look. Keep in mind how long it took to put the stuff on and put all that chit you see on TV out of your head.

There is still a sound of desperation in this transition to being healthy, and you need to work on improving that. At your weight you have a lot of months ahead of you, so the the sooner you get comfortable with the ups and downs with getting that crap to come off, the better. I'm not saying to stop paying attention, but focus a little less on the scale numbers. If you truly are hitting the daily nutrition goals and paying attention to what you shove down the ol pie hole, its gonna happen. Plain and simple. If progress stops or slows for a period of maybe a couple of weeks, re-visit the nutrition plan, tweak it, and move on. Listen to what your body is telling you too. If you are too hungry, moods go to crap, or your energy levels tank think about what you have been consuming.

Keep at it. No need for plea's. So long as you are not a dick on the forum, whine or argue endlessly with people who have been there, advice comes easy.

Location: wakefield, west yorkshire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    StormerJack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StormerJack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StormerJack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StormerJack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StormerJack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StormerJack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StormerJack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StormerJack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StormerJack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StormerJack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StormerJack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    former 353lb and former 3000+ cal per day here.

I tried everything and the only thing that worked was Intermitted Fasting which im still doing and its so easy, im at 1300-1600 cals a day and IF helped me to disconnect myself from food so there are no cravings

GarbageJedi will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarbageJedi will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarbageJedi will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarbageJedi will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarbageJedi will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarbageJedi will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarbageJedi will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarbageJedi will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarbageJedi will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarbageJedi will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarbageJedi will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by acrawlingchaos View Post
    OP if you are winning "back" calories, stop.

If you're goal is 2500 calories, eat 2500 (not 2500 + the 300 calories myfitnesspal says you can have because you walked for 45 minutes).
    Definitely this ^

Your calorie deficit should be determined by diet. Anything done by exercise is bonus so don't use it. Just remember as for cardio you only burn approx 150 calories for every mile. Its much easier to fix your diet than to try to train around it. As for workout I agree with the 3 day a week full body. Just search for beginner work outs and pick one. As for upping weights just follow the work out you pick and stick to it. You should get stronger just because of "newb gains".

unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Everyone is going to give you their opinions, so I'll just give you mine; don't worry about anything except for calories. Stop starving the fat person inside by eating "clean" and just slowly work on eating cleaner as you allow yourself to indulge in your favorite foods.

I haven't eaten over 2000 calories in a day and I have lost 166lbs in 10 months without doing any cardio. I eat whatever I want and it is the easiest adjustment I've ever made - most successful, too.

Brandon85c will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brandon85c will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brandon85c will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brandon85c will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brandon85c will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brandon85c will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brandon85c will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brandon85c will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brandon85c will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brandon85c will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brandon85c will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Brad805 View Post
    Have you researched this aspect?

4lb/wk loss at your weight is 1.3% your body weight. Possible, but you should be happy with anything around 1% (some say as low as 0.5% mass) of your body weight. As your mass decreases you should expect a reduction in the rate of progress unless you change another aspect by consuming less or doing more. Personally, I think it is important to find a system that works for your individual needs and well being. If stressing too much, that is not helpful. If it takes a little longer it might seem a little more natural for you and if you are dedicated to the weights you will likely build a little more muscle during the transition. That may yield a better look. Keep in mind how long it took to put the stuff on and put all that chit you see on TV out of your head.

There is still a sound of desperation in this transition to being healthy, and you need to work on improving that. At your weight you have a lot of months ahead of you, so the the sooner you get comfortable with the ups and downs with getting that crap to come off, the better. I'm not saying to stop paying attention, but focus a little less on the scale numbers. If you truly are hitting the daily nutrition goals and paying attention to what you shove down the ol pie hole, its gonna happen. Plain and simple. If progress stops or slows for a period of maybe a couple of weeks, re-visit the nutrition plan, tweak it, and move on. Listen to what your body is telling you too. If you are too hungry, moods go to crap, or your energy levels tank think about what you have been consuming.

Keep at it. No need for plea's. So long as you are not a dick on the forum, whine or argue endlessly with people who have been there, advice comes easy.

Thanks for the knowledge brad and yes my mental health plays a big role in my journey to fitness it was really one medicine I took for years that blew me up a lot ,at the time I didn't know and was so down in the dumps I just ate and ate so I switched that medicine today as a matter of fact, becaue of low energy and fatigue and I will see how that goes, and I understand about stressing because I become very ocd when it comes to things I want and fitness is one of them.so I will try to take a step back a little bit and go hard but easy.

thanks brad
    Trying to make it!!!!

Originally Posted by GarbageJedi View Post
    Definitely this ^

Your calorie deficit should be determined by diet. Anything done by exercise is bonus so don't use it. Just remember as for cardio you only burn approx 150 calories for every mile. Its much easier to fix your diet than to try to train around it. As for workout I agree with the 3 day a week full body. Just search for beginner work outs and pick one. As for upping weights just follow the work out you pick and stick to it. You should get stronger just because of "newb gains".

Thanks jedi ill start back up with all pros and follow the routine as it was drawn up
    Trying to make it!!!!

Originally Posted by veneficuz View Post
    Former 300 club here, and looking really good 2 years later.

I read like two sentences and figured out your problem right away.

2500 is way too much, I lost a lot of my weight at 1200-1700 I'm 6'2 190 now. I don't go that low now, but I did then. The trick to these whole puzzle is eating at 1400-1700 calories and doing it the easiest way u can. For me it's protein shakes and coke zero, and meal timing ie. lean gains variants. Everything you eat must have protein and no straight sugars. If u cheat have meat is what I always say. That's it, oh and workout 3 times a week, I prefer high reps makes me less hungry. The secret is out oupsz

Ok I will give the calorie reduction a shot and see what happens in a few weeks ill keep you guys posted,
    Trying to make it!!!!

ademyster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ademyster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ademyster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ademyster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ademyster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ademyster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ademyster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ademyster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ademyster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ademyster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ademyster has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by curjo View Post
    This. It's hard work and its annoying sometimes but you must account for everything that you eat. At 2500 cals you would be losing. I'm cutting at 3300 right now but I make it easy on myself and eat the same thing every day. I even weigh my protein shakes. I'm not saying you have to do that but it makes it easier for me at least. I also pre package everything the night before and take it with me. If its not in my lunchbox, it doesn't get eaten period. Oh ya and this time last year I was 354.
    Great progress, repped

josephs477 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Brandon85c View Post
    **********SIGH***************

Dear all former 300lbers im getting my ass kicked with this healthy living situation. Im not hitting the right mark and I don't know why.

I try to stay at the 2500 cal mark most days and if I go a little bit over according to fitnesspal.com calculations I get it back to my mark with the cardio. but the 4lb a week weight is not working for me I did my TEE again yesterday and its 2040 but since im so desperate and sad I want to cut 1000 calories from that because even when I eat a steady 2500 calorie diet and do moderate walks a day on the treadmill nothing happens. I try to stretch real good before I do it and bump it to 3.5 I can only sustain that for 3-4 minutes at a time and I have to bump it down to 3.0 and bump it up to 3.2 3.3 for 40-50 minutes, but clearly cardio isn't the magic bullet for me because im not making steady progress. and my limbs start to hurt.

When it comes to lifting I ran all pros for 3 weeks with very very low weight, I am very weak in my arms so I was benching 40lbs with dumbbells, rowing 82, squatting 82,over head press 64lbs, sl dead lifting was a problem I was doing 135 but with crappy form so I dropped it to 50lbs but I have nothing to get the right sldl height, and curls I just used the bar. on rows, ohp , curls I was always failing at the last set ***sigh***.

And my next hurdle my main issue is destroying hunger in the late morning I do good through the day but at 4-5-6 am I eat oatmeal, cereal, eggs, rice, frozen veggies not at the same time but just eating one of those is not enough to cure the cravings so I usually double up. To kill the hunger I tried drinking tons of water glucomanan which is a load of crap.im looking to try hoodia next but I heard that sucks dexaprine almost killed me also it did nothing for my hunger, im not supposed to take stimulants anyway I take psych medicine for certain conditions ,that might interact or add to my anxiety or depression. most guys said they lifted heavy to achieve their goals im to weak to lift heavy.

My diet is lean steak, fast food grilled chicken sandwich, grilled chicken salads, deli lean turkey, chicken, pastrami, baked chicken, turkey burgers, peanut butter and jelly ,oatmeal. eggs grits ,some corn, sun chips, baked lays, tuna

supplments I take trying to get an energy burst are iron, vitamin b-complex, vitamin d and caffeine tablets at night to get me through cardio.

im going to college hopefully sometime in 2013 and I have to get down to at least 240,so I can lay pipe while im there lol, so former 300lb crew bless me with your magic barbell get me straight please im losing it down here. and when you guys say burn more than you take in if I eat 1500 calories I have to burn 1500 calories with cardio or lifting? Im starting over how do i get ready?

my plea for help
    Brandon85c
    Brandon;

I didn't read all of the comments below but as someone who used to weigh over 300 pounds I want to tell you to never give up!

You have a dream that you wish to achieve. Beyond the goofy "Yolo" comments, we really only live once. I lift heavy now; I lift light. Low reps, high reps... I mix it up.

At one time I couldn't even run a block. It was terrible; and you know? I hated myself.

It took time my friend, but eventually I could run a block, then two blocks.. then a mile.

Your best bet would be to get a gym membership IMHO; start lifting weights and doing cardio 2x a day, 20 minutes or so each time. Nothing crazy, and make sure to eat clean. If you want my advice? Do Kris Gethin's 12 week trainer.

Originally Posted by josephs477 View Post
    Brandon;

I didn't read all of the comments below but as someone who used to weigh over 300 pounds I want to tell you to never give up!

You have a dream that you wish to achieve. Beyond the goofy "Yolo" comments, we really only live once. I lift heavy now; I lift light. Low reps, high reps... I mix it up.

At one time I couldn't even run a block. It was terrible; and you know? I hated myself.

It took time my friend, but eventually I could run a block, then two blocks.. then a mile.

Your best bet would be to get a gym membership IMHO; start lifting weights and doing cardio 2x a day, 20 minutes or so each time. Nothing crazy, and make sure to eat clean. If you want my advice? Do Kris Gethin's 12 week trainer.

thanks for the encouragement, i understand completely were you came from because I am there and I cant run a block still I used to puke when trying run when I had to, and im searching Kris Gethin's 12 week trainer right now, sincerely appreciate you reaching out and helping.
    Trying to make it!!!!