chelcey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking short hair vs. long

So last season I competed in my first figure comp, NPC Elite physique, I came in really undersized but good job nonetheless and I was satisfied with my results. It's been a year, and I always go back and look at those photos and wonder if I would have had more hair would it have impacted my stage presentation. Just a lot of what If's. I love my short hair, tattoos and edgy look but I DO feel like it counts against me on stage. So here I am today, 4months away from competing in the bikini division, trying to decide if I should wear a wig or go with my natural look...suggestions?!? Thanks

darins will become famous soon enough. (+50) darins will become famous soon enough. (+50) darins will become famous soon enough. (+50) darins will become famous soon enough. (+50) darins will become famous soon enough. (+50) darins will become famous soon enough. (+50) darins will become famous soon enough. (+50) darins will become famous soon enough. (+50) darins will become famous soon enough. (+50) darins will become famous soon enough. (+50) darins will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just realized this is a month old but never received a reply - so with now about *3* months to go, here's my input:

The single most absolutely important thing is that you are comfortable and confident on stage. Anything that negatively affects that - be it hair style, suit selection, your physique, heels and your comfort in them, your mental state, etc - needs to be addressed as part of your prep. I could say wear a wig and go with long hair, but if you aren't comfortable with it and are doing it to please the judges, it ain't gonna work.

Know that many have won with short hair so it's certainly not a requirement. Just keep thinking "overall package" and assess what makes you happiest and most comfortable.
    Online trainer and contest prep coach
    fivestarrphysique.com
    youtube.com/fivestarrfitness