hurrdurrgomad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

High/mid/low GI carbs after a workout?

Should I have a brownie, rolled oats, brown rice, fruit?

bobdole12 is just really nice. (+1000) bobdole12 is just really nice. (+1000) bobdole12 is just really nice. (+1000) bobdole12 is just really nice. (+1000) bobdole12 is just really nice. (+1000) bobdole12 is just really nice. (+1000) bobdole12 is just really nice. (+1000) bobdole12 is just really nice. (+1000) bobdole12 is just really nice. (+1000) bobdole12 is just really nice. (+1000) bobdole12 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by hurrdurrgomad View Post
    Should I have a brownie, rolled oats, brown rice, fruit?
    All or none of them, but only if it fits your macros. I would not recommend having these products separately!
    I always rep back!

softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by bobdole12 View Post
    All or none of them, but only if it fits your macros. I would not recommend having these products separately!
    I agree as well. I eat like 1600 calories for my dinner. Bunch of crap. Cream cheese bagel, Sammiches with Bacon and double cheddar cheese, 6oz chicken, brownie and a homemade mass gainer. Eat whatever you feel like as long as it fits your calculated/wanted macros.
    Retired 74kg PL Open Division (3 meets)

Originally Posted by softpounder View Post
    I agree as well. I eat like 1600 calories for my dinner. Bunch of crap. Cream cheese bagel, Sammiches with Bacon and double cheddar cheese, 6oz chicken, brownie and a homemade mass gainer. Eat whatever you feel like as long as it fits your calculated/wanted macros.
    I haven't really calculated my macros...I'm 15 and I'm cutting right now using ketosis but I still want my post workout carbs. I have plenty of energy even without carbs...are they that important to have after a workout?

bobdole12 is just really nice. (+1000) bobdole12 is just really nice. (+1000) bobdole12 is just really nice. (+1000) bobdole12 is just really nice. (+1000) bobdole12 is just really nice. (+1000) bobdole12 is just really nice. (+1000) bobdole12 is just really nice. (+1000) bobdole12 is just really nice. (+1000) bobdole12 is just really nice. (+1000) bobdole12 is just really nice. (+1000) bobdole12 is just really nice. (+1000)
    How are you cutting without calculating macros? How do you know you are using ketosis?

Meal timing does not matter!
    I always rep back!

softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by hurrdurrgomad View Post
    I haven't really calculated my macros...I'm 15 and I'm cutting right now using ketosis but I still want my post workout carbs. I have plenty of energy even without carbs...are they that important to have after a workout?
    You're 15. You don't need to use Keto or any diet. Your hormones and test levels are probably beasting it out. Just enjoy your food and work out hard. If you find out that you're getting a bit fat, just eat a bit less per day. You don't really have to worry too much about macros at your age, and I'm serious.

Just make sure you don't over eat so you don't get fat, but don't eat as if you were trying to lose a lot of weight.

Cliffs: Eat what you want as long as you're on a slight deficit, you should only lose 0.5lbs per week if you're cutting. Follow a good workout plan. Be motivated and dedicated. Do not give up. Win.

Originally Posted by bobdole12 View Post
    How are you cutting without calculating macros? How do you know you are using ketosis?

Meal timing does not matter!
    Bob Dole is right, you've gotta calculate your current TDEE, and recalculate it every week since you are cutting. Keto is bs at your age. And meal timing NEVER matters as long as you're fitting your macros within a 24 hours window, then rinse repeat. Unless you're on IF and you shouldn't be on IF at your age.

Good luck brahski!
    Retired 74kg PL Open Division (3 meets)

Originally Posted by softpounder View Post
    You're 15. You don't need to use Keto or any diet. Your hormones and test levels are probably beasting it out. Just enjoy your food and work out hard. If you find out that you're getting a bit fat, just eat a bit less per day. You don't really have to worry too much about macros at your age, and I'm serious.

Just make sure you don't over eat so you don't get fat, but don't eat as if you were trying to lose a lot of weight.

Cliffs: Eat what you want as long as you're on a slight deficit, you should only lose 0.5lbs per week if you're cutting. Follow a good workout plan. Be motivated and dedicated. Do not give up. Win.
    Thanks man