Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

    The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Reply
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Registered User hurrdurrgomad's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2012
    Stats: 6'2", 228 lbs
    Posts: 7
    Rep Power: 0
    hurrdurrgomad is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit hurrdurrgomad's BodySpace
    hurrdurrgomad is offline

    High/mid/low GI carbs after a workout?

    Should I have a brownie, rolled oats, brown rice, fruit?
    Reply With Quote

  2. #2
    Registered User bobdole12's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2012
    Location: United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Stats: 6'2", 180 lbs
    Posts: 501
    Rep Power: 1456
    bobdole12 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) bobdole12 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) bobdole12 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) bobdole12 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) bobdole12 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) bobdole12 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) bobdole12 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) bobdole12 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) bobdole12 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) bobdole12 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) bobdole12 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit bobdole12's BodySpace
    bobdole12 is offline
    Originally Posted by hurrdurrgomad View Post
    Should I have a brownie, rolled oats, brown rice, fruit?
    All or none of them, but only if it fits your macros. I would not recommend having these products separately!
    I always rep back!
    Reply With Quote

  3. #3
    74kg Open PL softpounder's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2012
    Location: Canada
    Age: 24
    Stats: 5'9", 161 lbs
    Posts: 5,401
    Rep Power: 3667
    softpounder has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) softpounder has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) softpounder has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) softpounder has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) softpounder has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) softpounder has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) softpounder has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) softpounder has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) softpounder has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) softpounder has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) softpounder has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit softpounder's BodySpace
    softpounder is offline
    Originally Posted by bobdole12 View Post
    All or none of them, but only if it fits your macros. I would not recommend having these products separately!
    I agree as well. I eat like 1600 calories for my dinner. Bunch of crap. Cream cheese bagel, Sammiches with Bacon and double cheddar cheese, 6oz chicken, brownie and a homemade mass gainer. Eat whatever you feel like as long as it fits your calculated/wanted macros.
    Aspiring Raw Powerlifter 74kg Weight Class
    First Meet March 31st 2014
    Results: 5th (last) / out of 5 contestants at 74kg in open division
    Results Overall: 13th / out of 21 contestants at 74kg in all divisions

    Next Meet August 23rd 2014
    74kg Open Division

    Instagram: michaelt219
    Reply With Quote

  4. #4
    Registered User hurrdurrgomad's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2012
    Stats: 6'2", 228 lbs
    Posts: 7
    Rep Power: 0
    hurrdurrgomad is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit hurrdurrgomad's BodySpace
    hurrdurrgomad is offline
    Originally Posted by softpounder View Post
    I agree as well. I eat like 1600 calories for my dinner. Bunch of crap. Cream cheese bagel, Sammiches with Bacon and double cheddar cheese, 6oz chicken, brownie and a homemade mass gainer. Eat whatever you feel like as long as it fits your calculated/wanted macros.
    I haven't really calculated my macros...I'm 15 and I'm cutting right now using ketosis but I still want my post workout carbs. I have plenty of energy even without carbs...are they that important to have after a workout?
    Reply With Quote

  5. #5
    Registered User bobdole12's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2012
    Location: United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Stats: 6'2", 180 lbs
    Posts: 501
    Rep Power: 1456
    bobdole12 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) bobdole12 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) bobdole12 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) bobdole12 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) bobdole12 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) bobdole12 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) bobdole12 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) bobdole12 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) bobdole12 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) bobdole12 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) bobdole12 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit bobdole12's BodySpace
    bobdole12 is offline
    How are you cutting without calculating macros? How do you know you are using ketosis?

    Meal timing does not matter!
    I always rep back!
    Reply With Quote

  6. #6
    74kg Open PL softpounder's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2012
    Location: Canada
    Age: 24
    Stats: 5'9", 161 lbs
    Posts: 5,401
    Rep Power: 3667
    softpounder has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) softpounder has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) softpounder has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) softpounder has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) softpounder has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) softpounder has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) softpounder has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) softpounder has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) softpounder has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) softpounder has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) softpounder has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit softpounder's BodySpace
    softpounder is offline
    Originally Posted by hurrdurrgomad View Post
    I haven't really calculated my macros...I'm 15 and I'm cutting right now using ketosis but I still want my post workout carbs. I have plenty of energy even without carbs...are they that important to have after a workout?
    You're 15. You don't need to use Keto or any diet. Your hormones and test levels are probably beasting it out. Just enjoy your food and work out hard. If you find out that you're getting a bit fat, just eat a bit less per day. You don't really have to worry too much about macros at your age, and I'm serious.

    Just make sure you don't over eat so you don't get fat, but don't eat as if you were trying to lose a lot of weight.

    Cliffs: Eat what you want as long as you're on a slight deficit, you should only lose 0.5lbs per week if you're cutting. Follow a good workout plan. Be motivated and dedicated. Do not give up. Win.

    Originally Posted by bobdole12 View Post
    How are you cutting without calculating macros? How do you know you are using ketosis?

    Meal timing does not matter!
    Bob Dole is right, you've gotta calculate your current TDEE, and recalculate it every week since you are cutting. Keto is bs at your age. And meal timing NEVER matters as long as you're fitting your macros within a 24 hours window, then rinse repeat. Unless you're on IF and you shouldn't be on IF at your age.

    Good luck brahski!
    Aspiring Raw Powerlifter 74kg Weight Class
    First Meet March 31st 2014
    Results: 5th (last) / out of 5 contestants at 74kg in open division
    Results Overall: 13th / out of 21 contestants at 74kg in all divisions

    Next Meet August 23rd 2014
    74kg Open Division

    Instagram: michaelt219
    Reply With Quote

  7. #7
    Registered User hurrdurrgomad's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2012
    Stats: 6'2", 228 lbs
    Posts: 7
    Rep Power: 0
    hurrdurrgomad is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit hurrdurrgomad's BodySpace
    hurrdurrgomad is offline
    Originally Posted by softpounder View Post
    You're 15. You don't need to use Keto or any diet. Your hormones and test levels are probably beasting it out. Just enjoy your food and work out hard. If you find out that you're getting a bit fat, just eat a bit less per day. You don't really have to worry too much about macros at your age, and I'm serious.

    Just make sure you don't over eat so you don't get fat, but don't eat as if you were trying to lose a lot of weight.

    Cliffs: Eat what you want as long as you're on a slight deficit, you should only lose 0.5lbs per week if you're cutting. Follow a good workout plan. Be motivated and dedicated. Do not give up. Win.
    Thanks man
    Reply With Quote

Reply

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Home Store Products Careers Help Contact Us Terms of Use Checkout