chuckmoore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Estimate my body fat percentage?

Hi--

I'm new to bodybuilding, but I've been able to learn so far that it's all about having a low body fat percentage. Lost around 20kg in the last year, so now I punch in around 60kg (130lbs) and 5'6" (168cm).

Can I ask you guys to hazard some guesses as to my body fat percentage in the picture? So far, I have the electrical impedance device giving me an answer of 8.5%, then the following week 9.3%, but I'm guessing those are both a little on the low side.

Also, I seem to be holding most of the free fat in the lower part of my stomach -- anybody else have this problem? I really want to see my abs soon but I don't know how much more fat loss it's going to take.

Thanks, y'all!

Chuck
    Attached Images

JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by chuckmoore View Post

Also, I seem to be holding most of the free fat in the lower part of my stomach -- anybody else have this problem?
    Hmm, that's odd. I've never heard that before.

Of course everyone has that. That's where everyone's fat stays until the end.

As for you being 8... man, I doubt it. I mean, I'm 8, and at the risk of sounding like a huge douche, I'm a little more lean than you. I'd guess you to be around 12 or 13, based on your pic. Good luck!

EDIT: as for how much fat to see abs, usually people will say in the 10-12 range. So, you should be pretty darn close.
    "You can always be thinner... look better"
    Patrick Bateman

Originally Posted by JohnRainbo View Post
    Of course everyone has that. That's where everyone's fat stays until the end.
    Thanks for pointing that out. Didn't realize it was something universal.

Any more guesses or does 12-13% seem about right?

jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    12-13 seems correct.

rainierb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rainierb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rainierb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rainierb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rainierb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rainierb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rainierb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rainierb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rainierb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rainierb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rainierb will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    12-13 is accurate.

Rainierb--

Have you recently updated the BF estimate on your profile? Because if you're 12 then I'm not 12-13!

Anybody else?

speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I would say 15%

JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Anybody else?
    I'm sorry, are you waiting for an answer you like better?
    "You can always be thinner... look better"
    Patrick Bateman

Gladitat0r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gladitat0r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gladitat0r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gladitat0r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gladitat0r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gladitat0r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gladitat0r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gladitat0r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gladitat0r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gladitat0r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gladitat0r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    oke 12,6556645% now better?

robinsean7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robinsean7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robinsean7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robinsean7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robinsean7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robinsean7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robinsean7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robinsean7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robinsean7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robinsean7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robinsean7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hahahahah yes! THIS!

wolf33d will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolf33d will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolf33d will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolf33d will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolf33d will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolf33d will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolf33d will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolf33d will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolf33d will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolf33d will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolf33d will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I would say 12%
    "You have to be great at something, good at everything, and you can't suck at anything."

Yeah I'm just waiting for somebody to tell me I'm 5%! No seriously I was just trying to get a number of independent views to minimize error.

OkashiiKen will become famous soon enough. (+50) OkashiiKen will become famous soon enough. (+50) OkashiiKen will become famous soon enough. (+50) OkashiiKen will become famous soon enough. (+50) OkashiiKen will become famous soon enough. (+50) OkashiiKen will become famous soon enough. (+50) OkashiiKen will become famous soon enough. (+50) OkashiiKen will become famous soon enough. (+50) OkashiiKen will become famous soon enough. (+50) OkashiiKen will become famous soon enough. (+50) OkashiiKen will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    lols.

Yeah I'm just waiting for somebody to tell me I'm 5%! No seriously I was just trying to get a number of independent views to minimize error.
    You could add a side pic too, but I'd guess 13-14. Electrical impedance testing is known to be fairly inaccurate. Abs are great, but from a bb perspective, I think you are going to want to add some mass before being overly concerned with abs.

Thanks for the suggestion to include a side shot. Right now I'm just trying to continue losing fat without losing any muscle using cardio for an hour five times a week and strength training like push ups, pull ups, chin ups, crunches and a dumbbell circuit twice a week for each. 'Course keeping a caloric deficit throughout is the baseline.

It's interesting, I've been a vegetarian my whole life, so only in the last few months since I've added a protein supplement have I even been getting as much as 40-50g protein per day. With the increase in protein and the admitted relatively light strength training, I can definitely notice an increase in musculature, but I guess that's what happens when the fat comes off too.

Take a look at my side shot and feel free to revise your estimates. I think my side shot is not as flattering as the front shot.

Thanks for all the comments so far!
    Attached Images

MalyZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) MalyZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) MalyZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) MalyZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) MalyZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) MalyZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) MalyZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) MalyZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) MalyZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) MalyZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) MalyZ is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I would say 13%

Just to let everybody know, my calipers just came in the mail and my reading shows 13.6% body fat.

Nice job guessing--you guys are pros!