KittyKatYanez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KittyKatYanez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KittyKatYanez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KittyKatYanez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KittyKatYanez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KittyKatYanez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KittyKatYanez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KittyKatYanez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KittyKatYanez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KittyKatYanez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KittyKatYanez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lightbulb Bikini Competition Beginner

A few months ago, my trainer asked me if I would compete in a bikini competition. I thought he was joking and laughed. When he didn't laugh with me, I thought he was crazy. What the heck would I look like against all those lean, fit, and tanned women in teenie tiny bikinis with my love handles, stretch marks, and tattoos??? 10 minutes later, I said, "Lets do it!"

I still need to find out where and when this competition is btw. Smh.....

We trained well for 2 months, then I took a job that required me to be on call 24/7. No gym, no family time, no life. So I quit. I started training again one week ago today (12/20/2012). I'm definitely struggling right now, but that's what happens when you let life get in the way of your goals.

On to the good stuff.... The diet....
    I have no idea what I'm doing. No idea what to eat. No idea when and how often to eat. When to stop eating....etc... I am trying to build muscle and decrease this body fat percentage. I believe I'm at 21% now. If anyone has any suggestions as to what to do about my diet, I'd appreciate the help. If not, ill figure it out.

I hope to post more pics soon so you all can see what I have going on. I have a REALLY LOOOOONG WAY to go, and have never posted pictures with imperfections showing. But hell, it is what it is. A transformation is what I am working toward.

All that rambling was to get you to know a little about me. I've gotta work on this Forum thing.

minxywildkat is on a distinguished road. (+10) minxywildkat is on a distinguished road. (+10) minxywildkat is on a distinguished road. (+10) minxywildkat is on a distinguished road. (+10) minxywildkat is on a distinguished road. (+10) minxywildkat is on a distinguished road. (+10) minxywildkat is on a distinguished road. (+10) minxywildkat is on a distinguished road. (+10) minxywildkat is on a distinguished road. (+10) minxywildkat is on a distinguished road. (+10) minxywildkat is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile

Maybe call around your local gyms and ask who does prep competitions? Good for you btw for deciding to compete. Yeah! Do you know any friends that compete? Maybe they can direct you in the right direction. Or ask your trainer. As far as nutrition goes i would check out the forums on prep training nutrition. Just to get a general idea of what woman are consuming daily and go from there.

Good luck!

Originally Posted by KittyKatYanez View Post
    A few months ago, my trainer asked me if I would compete in a bikini competition. I thought he was joking and laughed. When he didn't laugh with me, I thought he was crazy. What the heck would I look like against all those lean, fit, and tanned women in teenie tiny bikinis with my love handles, stretch marks, and tattoos??? 10 minutes later, I said, "Lets do it!"

I still need to find out where and when this competition is btw. Smh.....

We trained well for 2 months, then I took a job that required me to be on call 24/7. No gym, no family time, no life. So I quit. I started training again one week ago today (12/20/2012). I'm definitely struggling right now, but that's what happens when you let life get in the way of your goals.

On to the good stuff.... The diet....
    I have no idea what I'm doing. No idea what to eat. No idea when and how often to eat. When to stop eating....etc... I am trying to build muscle and decrease this body fat percentage. I believe I'm at 21% now. If anyone has any suggestions as to what to do about my diet, I'd appreciate the help. If not, ill figure it out.

I hope to post more pics soon so you all can see what I have going on. I have a REALLY LOOOOONG WAY to go, and have never posted pictures with imperfections showing. But hell, it is what it is. A transformation is what I am working toward.

All that rambling was to get you to know a little about me. I've gotta work on this Forum thing.
    Minxy - Anita

Know yourself
    Be yourself
    Trust yourself
    Love yourself
    Respect yourself.

KittyKatYanez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KittyKatYanez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KittyKatYanez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KittyKatYanez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KittyKatYanez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KittyKatYanez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KittyKatYanez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KittyKatYanez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KittyKatYanez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KittyKatYanez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KittyKatYanez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

Originally Posted by minxywildkat View Post
    Maybe call around your local gyms and ask who does prep competitions? Good for you btw for deciding to compete. Yeah! Do you know any friends that compete? Maybe they can direct you in the right direction. Or ask your trainer. As far as nutrition goes i would check out the forums on prep training nutrition. Just to get a general idea of what woman are consuming daily and go from there.

Good luck!
    Thank you so much! I am actually very new to my area and know no one that competes here in North Carolina. I will browse the forums and get some nutrition info. I feel like the new kid in school. Lol. Thank you for the support!!

My body has made just a lil bit more progress in the past couple of weeks. Im so excited!!!! I will post some pics soon.

Thanks again!!!

missJL is on a distinguished road. (+10) missJL is on a distinguished road. (+10) missJL is on a distinguished road. (+10) missJL is on a distinguished road. (+10) missJL is on a distinguished road. (+10) missJL is on a distinguished road. (+10) missJL is on a distinguished road. (+10) missJL is on a distinguished road. (+10) missJL is on a distinguished road. (+10) missJL is on a distinguished road. (+10) missJL is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Sometimes the association that puts it on has some trainers/mentors that can help you. The process is crazy and it's a lot of love and hate.

Nutrition wise, that's the part I hated the most. I decided six weeks before a competition that I was going to do it, so I had to cut a lot which was terrible. I couldn't even have fruit. But the other girls I was talking to were allowed fruit and some carbs.

Good luck! It's going to be one hell of an experience.

6 weeks huh?? You must have already been in great shape! I didn't realize fruit could hurt. How does eating fruit work against you?

I'm wondering what other organizations I can research besides NPC. Any suggestions??

How did you do in your competition??

Thank you for your help!!

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    6 weeks huh?? You must have already been in great shape! I didn't realize fruit could hurt. How does eating fruit work against you?
    There is nothing wrong with fruit during contest prep.

Here is list of a few more orgs you can look into:

OCB - http://thenaturalmusclenetwork.com/OCB/index.htm

NANBF - http://www.nanbf.org/

NGA - http://www.nationalgym.com/national-...-schedule.html

USBF - http://www.usbf.net/

INBF - http://www.bodybuildbid.com/upcom/inbfupcom.html

Good luck to you!
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

Smile

Originally Posted by kimm4 View Post
    There is nothing wrong with fruit during contest prep.

Good luck to you!

Thank you so much!!!

Thats a relief. Not sure I can function without fruit.

gstallion13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

take your time

i dint mean to make you feel intimidated but most all of the women getting on stage, those of which who do well, have been working out and dieting for 5+ years. take your time to build the muscle that the judges will be looking for... low body fat is definitely not the only thing bikini is about.

Smile

Originally Posted by gstallion13 View Post
    i dint mean to make you feel intimidated but most all of the women getting on stage, those of which who do well, have been working out and dieting for 5+ years. take your time to build the muscle that the judges will be looking for... low body fat is definitely not the only thing bikini is about.

That's quite alright. No intimidation here. I appreciate that. I'm in no hurry, but 5 years is too long. This gal aint gettin any younger! Lol. I see there aren't a lot of competitions in my area at all. If I do compete this year, it will be late September.

I'm not new to fitness, dieting, and training at all. I've been at it for years. That feeling of wanting to see more transformation is overwhelming me at this point. I figured whether I did well competing or not, I'll be focused on my goal to transform my body. I don't care if I win or even place....at this very moment anyway....

LeanLuke has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LeanLuke has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LeanLuke has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LeanLuke has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LeanLuke has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by missJL View Post
    Sometimes the association that puts it on has some trainers/mentors that can help you. The process is crazy and it's a lot of love and hate.

Nutrition wise, that's the part I hated the most. I decided six weeks before a competition that I was going to do it, so I had to cut a lot which was terrible. I couldn't even have fruit. But the other girls I was talking to were allowed fruit and some carbs.

Good luck! It's going to be one hell of an experience.

most accurate

missJL is on a distinguished road. (+10) missJL is on a distinguished road. (+10) missJL is on a distinguished road. (+10) missJL is on a distinguished road. (+10) missJL is on a distinguished road. (+10) missJL is on a distinguished road. (+10) missJL is on a distinguished road. (+10) missJL is on a distinguished road. (+10) missJL is on a distinguished road. (+10) missJL is on a distinguished road. (+10) missJL is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've been working out for years, and knew my way around the gym. I'm also quite small, and already decently defined, so six weeks was okay. If I do another one I'll definitely leave more time for training. It was a spur of the moment thing for me.

I wasn't allowed to have sugar, so I had to cut it out. I begged my trainer to have at least an apple a day, and she let me for the first 3-4 weeks. I was also allowed one cheat meal a week where I ate a lot of fruit. I also had small cheats during my six weeks where I'd eat a slice of apple, or mango. The first thing I ate after I finished the competition was mango, and some candy.

I would suggest to just google where you live and search body competitions. I did the Muscle Beach and am considering the Alberta Bodybuilding Association comp in June.

I'm wondering what other organizations I can research besides NPC. Any suggestions??

How did you do in your competition??

Thank you for your help!!

NPCMuscle25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey everyone.. just thought I'd chime in.. My name is Matt and I recently moved to NC from Florida. I have been a NPC bodybuilder for 4 years, made it to national qualifiers 1.5 years ago.. and this year im trying my hand at men's physique. I currently am coaching and putting a little team together along with myself. I have 4 bikini girls, 2 mens physique guys and 1 male bodybuilder. Im a ISSA certified personal trainer and nutritionist for a sports and fitness complex in lake norman and I have a **** ton of experience between myself, and my old FL team to benefit both men and women to get that trophy. Feel free to hit me up!