Hejnas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hejnas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Can I compete in fitness modeling? 18 y/o

I'm wondering if I have a good physique to build on to compete in fitness modeling, I'm trying to do an amateur competition this summer or sometime in the future! I am currently 18 and have been lifting for about 4 years. My body fat is somewhere between 6-9% now. Any tips in getting into fitness modeling or competitions? or things for me to improve on? Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

I've attached pictures taken today and one from a few weeks ago where I'm sorta flexing cause my friend is on my back

Again, thanks!
    Attached Images

Tingram7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tingram7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tingram7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tingram7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tingram7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tingram7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tingram7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tingram7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tingram7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tingram7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tingram7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Idk bro I'm trying to also lmao

GKCzar is on a distinguished road. (+10) GKCzar is on a distinguished road. (+10) GKCzar is on a distinguished road. (+10) GKCzar is on a distinguished road. (+10) GKCzar is on a distinguished road. (+10) GKCzar is on a distinguished road. (+10) GKCzar is on a distinguished road. (+10) GKCzar is on a distinguished road. (+10) GKCzar is on a distinguished road. (+10) GKCzar is on a distinguished road. (+10) GKCzar is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    We go to the same gym at RU lols and ate lunch together once. Small world
    I am also looking to compete in a natural tested Bodybuilding and or physique competition, but next year. I need more mass on me. Currently cutting from 203 down to probably 175ish.
    Also yea you have a good base. Now you have a choice between bb or physique. Physique is less muscular and not as cut(they actually deduct points for being too muscular or cut) maybe 6-8% bodyfat. BB on the other hand wants more mass and a lot more cut 4-5%. Right now imo you are a lot closer to phsyique. Maybe drop 1-2%. Also you are definitely closer to 9%-10% I would think than you are to 6%(not sure if the pictures are relaxed). Idk where you got tested for the bf, but I did at the RU gym and the lady said I was like 10-12 when I was more like 16-17%. I am around 12-14ish in my profile pic. Basically bf measurements are often VERY innaccuratly measured most of the time. Good luck! Maybe we will compete against each other someday .

PS
    http://www.builtlean.com/2012/09/24/...age-men-women/
    check this site out for bf references.
    Last edited by GKCzar; 01-06-2013 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Made a lot of changes to response lol

Hejnas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hejnas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks man! that girl at werblin who did my body fat told me I was 6% but I knew that was definitely low, and in those pics I'm relaxed except for the one outside my dorm. Where is a good place to get an accurate bf test!?
    Bench - 305 (Paused) 325 (TnG)
    Squats - 435
    Dead - 585

I do it raw.

IG: @Hejnasty

GKCzar is on a distinguished road. (+10) GKCzar is on a distinguished road. (+10) GKCzar is on a distinguished road. (+10) GKCzar is on a distinguished road. (+10) GKCzar is on a distinguished road. (+10) GKCzar is on a distinguished road. (+10) GKCzar is on a distinguished road. (+10) GKCzar is on a distinguished road. (+10) GKCzar is on a distinguished road. (+10) GKCzar is on a distinguished road. (+10) GKCzar is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Hejnas View Post
    Thanks man! that girl at werblin who did my body fat told me I was 6% but I knew that was definitely low, and in those pics I'm relaxed except for the one outside my dorm. Where is a good place to get an accurate bf test!?
    Hmm you could try to post a thread asking whats your body fat % is with a relaxed side,front,and back pic And see what other people say. Although I am not exactly sure which part of the forums to best put it in. If you actually want a test the level of bf the accuracy of different tests goes like this going from most accurate to least
    1. hydro static testing(they dunk you in water) costs money obviously
    2. Bod pod(50-100$)
    3. An experienced caliper tester
    4. One of those handheld things.

I would just post on the forums and try to get as much feedback as you can. Wont be exact but it will be a good estimate.