Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    lol I get the same hashbrowns from trader joes brah

Food looks bomb, some of those portions look tiny tho, I must be a fatass

Training looks good, I love working with bands/chains
    Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139898123&page=240

adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by The Shoeless Wonder View Post
    howd you like the floor press? ive been thinking of doing them
    They seem pretty fukin legit to me. I'd recommend them for sure.

Originally Posted by dan_g_28 View Post
    Feels good knowing someone is trying to get ideas from my training. srs. Thats motivation for me to continue working hard.

Overall the session looks good. Im a fan of DE benching for my own training. Its kind of a built in way for me to control volume and intensity on my second pressing day, ensuring I dont go HAM on some RE work, which I tend to do. If your elbows and tris can handle it, I tend to try to go heavier on my tricep work on my DE day. So after the FP you could throw in something like tates or a skull crusher variation. However, a lot of times after my pressing my elbows are screaming so Ill call an audible and do something very similar to what you did. So just play that day by day. GJDM and stick with DE work for a while.
    Hell yeah Dan, I always get inspired when I read your log. I really like the way you train and try to incorporate certain aspects of your training into mine. There's only 2 problems - 1) you don't squat so there's that entire element missing in terms of how you structure time between workouts, recovery, etc. and 2) You're obviously a much more advanced lifter than I am, so what works for you might not be the best idea for me. Gonna keep playing around with programming and see what works.

Originally Posted by dopamine72 View Post
    lol I get the same hashbrowns from trader joes brah

Food looks bomb, some of those portions look tiny tho, I must be a fatass

Training looks good, I love working with bands/chains
    Trader Joes FTW. I recently started shopping there again, and they have so much awesome chit. I really like all the frozen foods they have like indian dinners. Brb add in an extra 5oz chicken breast and you got a dank ass meal.

Haha, I wouldn't call 3 pieces of bacon, 3 eggs with cheese, 4 sausage links, 2 hash browns, and a bowl of cereal a "small meal" by any means. Maybe you're just a fatass
    Awesome pics. Great size. Look thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight you can get. Thanks for the motivation.

adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Max Effort Bench @ EPC

1/21/13

15 minute dynamic warmup

6:05PM - 8:35PM: Lifting

Bench Press
    135 x 8
    185 x 5
    225 x 5
    245 x 3
    275 x 3
    295 x 2
    315 x 2
    add Titan Super Ram (like a slingshot)
    335 x 3
    355 x 3
    365 x 2
    all technically PRs since I've never used one of those before

Bench Press lockouts from pins
    245 x 12
    265 x 8
    265 x 6 - close grip

Band Pressdowns
    green band x 53 reps in 4 sets

Tate Press
    45's x 6
    20's x 20

Flat DB Rep Out
    50's x 30 reps

Wide-grip Pullups
    5 sets of 5

Incline Bench Prone Rear Delt DB Flyes
    15's x 12 x 4 sets

EZ-Bar Curls
    75 x 12
    75 x 12
    75 x 10
    75 x 9

8:40PM - 9:50PM: GPP

Prowler Sprints 30 second rests
    +100lbs x 1 lap x 10 rounds
    never done 30 second rests for all the rounds before, this was pretty killer

9:05PM - 10:05PM: Stretching / Mobility Work / Rolling

Thoughts

Went an hour later than the normal team training time so I could bench with Adrian Larson tonight. He is strong as fuk, I've never seen such a strong bencher IRL. He benches with his feet up and worked up to something like 495 raw before throwing on the super ram and working up to 6PPS+. Straight ridiculous... He's also a really nice guy, allowing me to work in with him, and he even gave me a pair of Anderson Powerlifting wrist wraps because he thought they were better than my current ones. Keep in mind tonight was only the second time I had met him before.

I felt like my bench was kinda all over the place tonight. I was having trouble keeping my arch and kept sliding around on the bench, and also had my feet slip multiple times which threw me off. I guess despite that I did tie my current 2 rep PR and put up some pretty heavy weight with the super ram.

I feel like I'm in a programming funk. Right now I feel like I just have no idea what to do. I'm going to the team training sessions at EPC, but it seems like everyone kinda does their own thing to a certain extent. I'm trying to figure out what programming would work good with in the context of being able to do it at team training sessions. I'm caught between 3/5/1, the conjugate method, or a 5x5 - 5x3 style of training. I've signed up for my next meet on March 24th so I really wanna figure out what the fuk I'm doing so I can create a solid game plan for what I need to do up until then. Goals for the meet are 455 squat with wraps (never used wraps yet though), 350 bench, and 530 deadlift.
    Awesome pics. Great size. Look thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight you can get. Thanks for the motivation.

I have a bellybutton The Shoeless Wonder's Avatar
    The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    what exactly is the super ram?

i used to do pressdowns with band, but for time, and as fast as i could. talk about pump. ive also done curls, flyes, and ohp

Rise Of The Weak Squatter GinjaNinja85's Avatar
    Location: Brighton, East Sussex, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    GinjaNinja85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GinjaNinja85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GinjaNinja85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GinjaNinja85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GinjaNinja85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GinjaNinja85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GinjaNinja85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GinjaNinja85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GinjaNinja85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GinjaNinja85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GinjaNinja85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Fu*k dude 315x2 is ridiculous.
    Powerlifter 160/100/195/455kg @ 91.55
    137.5/97.5/195/430kg @ 82.7

Boxer 5-1

what exactly is the super ram?

i used to do pressdowns with band, but for time, and as fast as i could. talk about pump. ive also done curls, flyes, and ohp
    A Super Ram is like Mark Bell's Slingshot

You put it on your arms and as the bar comes down it stretches the material in the middle, so that you get a ton of stretch reflex at the bottom and it helps with heavier loads.

I've only starting using bands for the first time in the past 6 weeks since joining my new gym. I do lots of tricep pushdowns, rear delt flyes, band pull aparts, but haven't used them for any curls or OHP yet. I usually aim for like 100 reps in 4-5 sets with minimal rest. Going for time though sounds like a good idea.

Originally Posted by GinjaNinja85 View Post
    Fu*k dude 315x2 is ridiculous.
    Thanks man, nothing quite new for me though unfortunately. I've hit 315 x 2 a handful of times before so it wasn't a PR at all. I really want to get to 315 x 5

Squat Day @ EPC

1/23/13

15 minute dynamic warmup

5:00PM - 7:20PM: Lifting

Squats 55lb squat bar, squatted in some Adipowers for the first time
    145 x 5
    145 x 5
    235 x 5
    235 x 5
    285 x 3
    325 x 3
    345 x 3
    365 x 3 PR
    375 x 3 PR - depth was a little high though (vid below)
    285 x 5

Banded Kettlebell Goblet Squats black band doubled below knee cap
    44 x 12
    44 x 10
    44 x 9
    44 x 8

Glute-Ham Raise Supersetted With Ab Wheel
    10 - 10
    10 - 10
    8 - 10
    8 - 10

1-Legged Leg Press done in a new way Duffin showed me. You have your foot on the very edge of the platform, and lower the weight so that your knee pushes out imitating the motion of a squat. All reps done super slow and controlled.
    100 x 10/8 per leg
    100 x 8/7
    100 x 8/6
    100 x 8/8
    100 x 8/8
    For most the sets I couldn't do as many reps with my left leg, which I think shows that I must have a muscular imbalance there. For the last 2 sets I was working with a super hot chick so I pushed a little harder for the reps

Sled Pull throughs
    +75lbs x 2 laps

1 hour stretching / mobility work / rumble rolling

Thoughts

By buddy Jeff just got a pair of Adipowers the other day, and happens to also wear a size 12, so he let me try them on for my squats today. I've been thinking about getting a pair of weightlifting shoes with a raised heel for a bit now since 1)My stance has come in more and more over the months and is now just outside of shoulder-width, and 2)lot's of really strong PL'ers like Jesse Norris, Bomb Donald and others seem to use them with good success as well.

Shoes felt pretty good, they really seemed to lock my feet in place, which TBH was a bit of a problem on the heavier sets if you don't set up perfectly. If you walk out and one foot is a little out of place you can't really just wiggle it into position like you can in some Chuck Taylors. If I ever stop walking all my squats out and actually use the monolift though this shouldn't be a problem lol.

Hit 2 PR's on my triples on squats tonight with the new shoes, although the reps were a bit high on the 375 set as evidenced in the video. One thing I've noticed since coming to EPC is that my speed on squats and bench really suck. Benching with Adrian Larson and squatting with this guy Brandon today demonstrated to me how much speed they have on their reps, whereas regardless of the weight most of my reps are pretty fukin slow. I guess this can be attributed to doing Sheiko for so long and never doing any kind of speed work. I'm interested to see if adding in the speed work for my bench is going to benefit the lift.

Bloody but unbowed fittofattofit's Avatar
    fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Great work Zack --- I know that you feel that you'd like some programming guidance but it looks like you're putting it together pretty well yourself. It sounds like you've got some great role models working out at EPC and it's nice that everyone is willing to help even if the trainers are often busy. Great job on the 365 and 375 x 3 PRs. The squat depth was maybe parallel on the first rep and only an inch max over on the other two and you're looking strong. Nice job on the benching as well @ 365 x 2, although it must feel weird using the 'slingshot'. It also must be pretty scary benching with a guy who reps 6pps

Good luck with the meet in March --- a 1335 total will be über-cool!
    Mirin' the tree trunks in the new avi as well
    "Better to wear out than rust out!"

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Subbed bro
    Sheiko? My journey to 1,500+ @ 165

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167881761

Keep On Getting Strong

Best Gym Lifts

475/315/610 @ 165

Originally Posted by fittofattofit View Post
    Great work Zack --- I know that you feel that you'd like some programming guidance but it looks like you're putting it together pretty well yourself. It sounds like you've got some great role models working out at EPC and it's nice that everyone is willing to help even if the trainers are often busy. Great job on the 365 and 375 x 3 PRs. The squat depth was maybe parallel on the first rep and only an inch max over on the other two and you're looking strong. Nice job on the benching as well @ 365 x 2, although it must feel weird using the 'slingshot'. It also must be pretty scary benching with a guy who reps 6pps

Good luck with the meet in March --- a 1335 total will be über-cool!
    Mirin' the tree trunks in the new avi as well
    Long time no see! Hope you had a great trip Fit. Looked at all your pics - I'm definitely mad jelly!

And yeah, it was kinda scarey to bench with a guy hitting 585+. Luckily there was another big guy who would do the hand offs and I was just side spotting - I would NOT want to be the main spotter. Brb almost 200lbs over my deadlift max... don't care for that responsibility if anything goes wrong!

Originally Posted by phal View Post
    Subbed bro
    Yayyyyy sushi brahs unite.

DE Bench Day @ EPC

1/24/13

15 minute dynamic warmup

7:40PM - 9:10PM: Lifting

Speed Bench Press against double-choked black bands
    95 x 3
    135 x 3 x 10 sets

Floor Press medium grip, TnG
    185 x 10
    225 x 8
    225 x 8
    225 x 6
    225 x 6

Chin-ups
    5 x 5

Band Rear Delt Flyes
    black band x 2 sets

Band Pull Aparts
    4 sets, 110 reps

Seated BO Rear Delt DB Raises
    15's x 10 x 3 sets

Dips

Shoulder Prehab a bunch of stuff from this video:

Deadlift Day @ EPC

1/26/13

20 minute dynamic warmup

9:00AM - 11:20AM: Lifting

Deadlifts
    135 x 5
    225 x 5
    225 x 5
    315 x 3
    365 x 3
    365 x 3
    add small blocks
    405 x 4

Speed Squats deadlift stance, red bands, only rest is for the partner to do the set
    95 x 3 x 10 sets

Pull-ups varying grips, only rest is for the partner to do the set
    add green band on 1 foot

Lying Band Leg Curls attach green band to top of monolift, hook feet in, have partner step on your stomach to keep you down, curl

Hyperextensions
    +100lbs chain x 15
    +100lbs chain x 12
    +100lbs chain x 10
    +100lbs chain x 10

Block Pulls 12.5" blocks
    335 x 8
    425 x 5
    515 x 3
    605 x 1

Shoulder Prehab Circuit 3 runs
    Cuban Rotations with 5lb plates x 12 reps
    Band external rotations x 12 per arm
    Band Pull Aparts x 12
    Band Pull Aparts from over head x 12

Thoughts

Weird day. Laura Phelps Sweatt, probably the strongest female PLer in the world, visited our gym, but came at 7:45AM. As a result half the people came at that time and half the people (including myself) came at the regular 8:30 time. So when I got there a lot of people were wrapping up their workout. We also just had about 4 new guys join the gym, 3 of which are complete newbies to PLing. One of them had never even deadlifted before in his life, so the coaches spent a long time with him working on his form, causing the rotation to be slow as fuk. I got pretty irritable because I wanted to get my lifts in, but alas I know everyone has to start somewhere.

Babyslayer made a thread the other day about how to better your deadlift, and one of his recommendations for people who are weak off the floor is to do deadlift-stance box squats. I decided to give this a shot with my buddy Andrei, who pulls almost the exact same amount as me, and we did them in a quick rotation against bands going for speed. I think I'm gonna keep up with these and see if they translate into a better deadlift.

My shoulders have been bothering me a bit after my bench workouts lately so I'm also going to try and prioritize doing more shoulder prehab work to keep them healthy.

fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Nice work on those block pulls Zack --- you've definitely got great strength with the grip and on the lockout. Interesting thought to do the deadlift stance box squats to improve strength off the floor; that's one of the things my trainer has me doing, along with the deficits and snatch grip deads. I'll have to check Slayer's thread
    Good vid on the shoulder prehab --- much better to prehab than to rehab, so look after your shoulders

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

Nice work on those block pulls Zack --- you've definitely got great strength with the grip and on the lockout. Interesting thought to do the deadlift stance box squats to improve strength off the floor; that's one of the things my trainer has me doing, along with the deficits and snatch grip deads. I'll have to check Slayer's thread
    Good vid on the shoulder prehab --- much better to prehab than to rehab, so look after your shoulders
    Thanks Fit, and good to see you back buddy Yeah I've never really had grip/lockout issues for the most part on deads, just my crappy setup and getting it off the floor. Gotta try and improve that portion!

Here's a link to babyslayers thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=151353573

nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Great work on the squats.

Hitting all those mid-300 doubles and triples had to feel fukn boss, regardless if it was shirted or not. strong fukn work dude. mirin'

Max Effort Bench @ EPC

1/28/13

20 minute dynamic warmup

5:00PM - 6:50PM: Lifting

Bench Press all reps paused. Randomly supersetted chin-ups in because it was like a 8 person rotation, so 30 chin ups by the end
    135 x 10
    185 x 5
    225 x 5
    275 x 3
    add 2 board
    315 x 3 TnG
    335 x 2 TnG
    350 x fail (FFFUUUUU - tried to pause it on the boards, bad idea)
    take away boards
    275 x 7 PR

CGBP minimal rest with 1 partner
    225 x 12 PR
    225 x 8
    225 x 7
    triceps started crampin up

Neutral Grip Chin-ups Superset with Chain Kettlebell Upright Rows
    5 - 35 x 12
    5 - 35 x 10
    5 - 35 x 10
    5 - 35 x 10
    pic of my buddy Colby doing the Chain KB thing:

Basically you do an upright row and end in a back double bicep shot, really works the rear delts/traps

Band Pressdowns
    Blue Band x 100ish reps in 4 sets

Ez-bar Curls
    70 x 12
    70 x 12

Ez-bar 21's
    55 x 21
    45 x 21

GPP: Prowler Sprints high handles down, low handles back, 3 man rotation
    +90lbs x 1 lap x 8 sets

one of the hardest GPP workouts I've ever done because of the minimal rest times - the other 2 guys quit after 4 laps and from there I kept rest times to about 30 seconds

Shoulder Circuit Prehab 3 run throughs
    Pull-up Shrugs x 12
    Barbell Shrug Ups x 12
    Posterior Capsule Stretch x 12

Thoughts

Solid fukin workout. The bench rotation was about 8 people tonight, which was alright with me because it allowed me to get some chin-up supersets going. I want to do at least 100 chin/pull-ups per week now, ideally 50 on each bench day. Was a little pissed I missed the 350 2-board press, I was sure I was gonna get it, but right after the 275 set felt light as fawk and beat my previous PR of 6. Only the second time I've ever done board pressing though so I guess the 315 x 3 and 335 x 2 are also technically PR's. I feel like my weakest point on the bench is right above the second half so these should be beneficial in theory for me - gonna keep them in the ME rotation for now I think.

Last 2 sessions I've been partnering up with this guy Brandon. He used to be a trainer at 24 Hour Fitness but brought all his clientele to EPC and trains there now. We have pretty similar lifting stats - his best dead is 500 (mine 507), squat no wraps is 405 and 455 with wraps (mine is 405 no wraps), bench 285 (mine is 335). We pushed each other pretty hard on the accessory work and really kept the pace up. After getting done in under 2 hours I was ready for some nice GPP because I wasn't gassed at all yet, and boy was it a good one!

Next session is squats on Wednesday. Thinking of trying to go for 405 for a double or maybe try wraps for the first time and see if I can hit something like 455.

Originally Posted by nwskier View Post
    Great work on the squats.

Hitting all those mid-300 doubles and triples had to feel fukn boss, regardless if it was shirted or not. strong fukn work dude. mirin'
    Thanks Tim. Yeah I think it helps also to just get a feel of how much that kind of weight feels in your hands at the top where the slingshot isn't helping at all. But then again the main guy in that rotation benches like 500+ raw so I didn't exactly feel like a boss at that moment in time lol!

My browser is being weird right now and not letting me log in to reply to your PM even though I can post right now (wtf???) so I'll reply to your PM here.

Just did a search and there really isn't any gyms located close to the airport. Everything is at least 15 minutes away with no traffic, so that's definitely a no go if your layover is only like an hour

Mad jelly you're going skiing in Japan though!!! That's one huge regret: that I never did that when I was there. I expect tons of epic pics and stories man. That's awesome as hell.

The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    your bench is great, especially since you didnt start too long ago. id give you 50 lbs off my dead to bench 3 plates

nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by adamsz View Post
    Thanks Tim. Yeah I think it helps also to just get a feel of how much that kind of weight feels in your hands at the top where the slingshot isn't helping at all. But then again the main guy in that rotation benches like 500+ raw so I didn't exactly feel like a boss at that moment in time lol!

My browser is being weird right now and not letting me log in to reply to your PM even though I can post right now (wtf???) so I'll reply to your PM here.

Just did a search and there really isn't any gyms located close to the airport. Everything is at least 15 minutes away with no traffic, so that's definitely a no go if your layover is only like an hour

Mad jelly you're going skiing in Japan though!!! That's one huge regret: that I never did that when I was there. I expect tons of epic pics and stories man. That's awesome as hell.
    technically I think the layover is actually 2 hours and 10 minutes - which is probably too short to leave the airport
    there was an option for a 5-hour layover on the way back, but it wasn't available to use for a free mileage ticket. otherwise, even tired after a red eye flight, I woulda still been game for a lift!

on the plus side, might be able to hit up PDX/SEA later this year for work so if that happens I'll let ya know

Great job on the benching Zack --- mirin' the 335 x 2 TNGo, the 275 x 7 and the 225 x 12 CGBPs
    Nice work on the chins and the chain KB upright rows --- I read that and had trouble visualising, so I'm glad you posted the pic. It makes my shoulders wince at the thought, but it should be better for the GH joint than doing BB upright rows because of the increased mobility it allows

Thanks for posting that link, I'll look forward to reading that thread at leisure

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    still a pretty strong bench Zack!

and those upright KB rows sure look interesting

phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Strong bench is strong. Jelly of your current gym :x
    Sheiko? My journey to 1,500+ @ 165

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167881761

Keep On Getting Strong

Best Gym Lifts

475/315/610 @ 165

your bench is great, especially since you didnt start too long ago. id give you 50 lbs off my dead to bench 3 plates
    Bench is relatively my strongest lift for sure. I have a huge upper torso which I think helps a lot. And I'd swap some bench strength for deadlift strength any day ;p

Originally Posted by nwskier View Post
    technically I think the layover is actually 2 hours and 10 minutes - which is probably too short to leave the airport
    there was an option for a 5-hour layover on the way back, but it wasn't available to use for a free mileage ticket. otherwise, even tired after a red eye flight, I woulda still been game for a lift!

on the plus side, might be able to hit up PDX/SEA later this year for work so if that happens I'll let ya know
    Are you flying from PDX to Japan. If so you gotta really be checked back in 2 hours beforehand for international flights, which would leave you 10 minutes of free time lmao.

If you ever do stop by PDX/SEA sometime we gotta get a lift in for sure. I'd most likely be down to drive up to Seattle to meet you even. It'll happen eventually

Great job on the benching Zack --- mirin' the 335 x 2 TNGo, the 275 x 7 and the 225 x 12 CGBPs
    Nice work on the chins and the chain KB upright rows --- I read that and had trouble visualising, so I'm glad you posted the pic. It makes my shoulders wince at the thought, but it should be better for the GH joint than doing BB upright rows because of the increased mobility it allows

Thanks for posting that link, I'll look forward to reading that thread at leisure
    Thanks man. Benching is feeling pretty fukin strong, but I'm definitely pissed I missed that 350 2 board press. I really wanna get 350 at my next comp so I gotta put in some more work.

The chain upright KB rows really didn't feel bad on the shoulders at all. Key is to use light weight and really squeeze at the top. For example I was using a 35lb KB on my sets, whereas back when I ran 5/3/1 I'd do BB upright rows with 135. Now that's a big difference.

Originally Posted by RyouBakua View Post
    still a pretty strong bench Zack!

and those upright KB rows sure look interesting
    Thanks RB. The upright KB rows are legit. I learned them from one of my coaches, Chris Duffin. He's always comin up with some creative stuff.

Originally Posted by phal View Post
    Strong bench is strong. Jelly of your current gym :x
    Hehehe ty. You really should go check out that Golds gym the trainer invited you too, you never know you could meet an awesome group of new training partners. I'd say give it a shot man.

Squats n Chit @ EPC

1/30/13

30 minute dynamic warmup

5:10PM - 9:40PM: Lifting

Squats 55lb competition bar, not walked out, in Adipowers
    145 x 5 paused reps
    195 x 5 paused reps
    235 x 5
    285 x 3
    325 x 3
    add knee wraps
    325 x 3
    375 x 2
    415 x 1 10lb PR over knee sleeve PR (vid)

Speed Pulls
    275 x 3 x 8 sets

Glute-Ham Raises

damnit need to get to 4 sets of 10!

Leg Press
    200 x 10
    400 x 5
    400 x 5
    400 x 5
    wayy harder than a normal leg press

Box Jumps
    4 singles working up to 48.8 inches (vid)

Good Mornings
    95 x 8
    135 x 5
    135 x 5
    135 x 5

about 15 minutes stretching / no GPP

Thoughts

I tried 2 new things tonight - I used knee wraps for the first time ever, and squatted without walking them out first (in a monolift). Ended up hitting a 10lb PR over my knee sleeve PR and left some in the tank. Goal is to hit 455 in wraps by my competition in March.

Squats took foreverrr tonight but it's understandable because we had 4 guys using wraps and that chit takes awhile to do.

Tried out some "speed" pulls for the first time tonight and used a moderate weight of 275. Speed didn't feel amazing but other people said it looked really fast. Wonder if it's beneficial lol.

Also tried out some box jumps for the first time since high school. In high school I had crazy hops - I could stand under a basketball rim and without taking any steps jump up and grab it with 2 hands. I would have figured I can't jump for chit nowadays since I weight about 30lbs more, but I worked up to 48.8 inches tonight which I think is pretty damn good. Gonna try and work up to 50 inches soon and play around with it for reps. Hopefully it'll help build some explosiveness in my squat.

All in all a good solid session.

Tomorrow I'll be going in after work for a DE bench workout, but before that I think I'll probably try to max out on SOHP for the misc competition. Last time I tried a I was at 185, hoping to be around 195-200. Problem is I did ME bench on Monday and the cycling team trains at the gym during that time so hopefully they won't be using the equipment I need lol.
    Last edited by adamsz; 01-30-2013 at 10:28 PM.

WolfgangVL is on a distinguished road. (+10) WolfgangVL is on a distinguished road. (+10) WolfgangVL is on a distinguished road. (+10) WolfgangVL is on a distinguished road. (+10) WolfgangVL is on a distinguished road. (+10) WolfgangVL is on a distinguished road. (+10) WolfgangVL is on a distinguished road. (+10) WolfgangVL is on a distinguished road. (+10) WolfgangVL is on a distinguished road. (+10) WolfgangVL is on a distinguished road. (+10) WolfgangVL is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    In for the heavy progress and inspiration
    JustDoIt Crew
    Stay Positive Crew
    German Crew
    NaturalSexBeast Crew
    DeathMetalAllDay Crew
    Sex Crew

#BeastMode

ya, speed is good.

squat looked just high, but i would give it to you

Originally Posted by WolfgangVL View Post
    In for the heavy progress and inspiration
    welcome brah. Any particular reason why you're already red?

ya, speed is good.

squat looked just high, but i would give it to you
    That's what I thought at first when I looked at the vid, but it's definitely not:

The reason is because the squat platform is elevated about a foot off the ground and the camera was mounted below so the angle distorts it. Had someone looking at depth too and they said it was a good inch+ below.

Awesome day Zack! You had that 415 pretty easily strength wise and you really sat back into it ...hardly any forward knee movement. I too thought it looked a little high initially but when I looked at the lift in slo-mo it was just that the size of your quads makes it look like you're above parallel, whereas your hip is probably an inch below your knee. Looking really solid now at 212 and not looking like you've gained any fat from 200, so the Sheiko and now the training at EPC is paying off in some nice mass gain. What weight are you going to compete at in March?

Great vid with the box jump --- you made that look really easy. When I looked at that vid I thought 'he's cleared 50" '. I doubt that I'd get 30"
    It's nice that you've been able to keep up that plyo strength while adding that extra 30lbs

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000)
    solid lifts.

curious about that bench sling thing... never seen anything like it before lol

strong jump too. jesus that's high bra
    http://tiny.cc/GoldenEra

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hehe

Awesome day Zack! You had that 415 pretty easily strength wise and you really sat back into it ...hardly any forward knee movement. I too thought it looked a little high initially but when I looked at the lift in slo-mo it was just that the size of your quads makes it look like you're above parallel, whereas your hip is probably an inch below your knee. Looking really solid now at 212 and not looking like you've gained any fat from 200, so the Sheiko and now the training at EPC is paying off in some nice mass gain. What weight are you going to compete at in March?

Great vid with the box jump --- you made that look really easy. When I looked at that vid I thought 'he's cleared 50" '. I doubt that I'd get 30"
    It's nice that you've been able to keep up that plyo strength while adding that extra 30lbs [img]http://www.runemasterstudios.com/graemlins/images/2thumbs.gifimg]
    Yeah I think when I'm in a singlet the side judges will have no doubt it's below parallel. I've definitely gained some fat since ending sheiko and gaining more weight, but I'm alright with it for now. As long as I can weigh in under 220 in March I'm really not too worried about it

And the box jumps are definitely fun to do, gonna keep on doing them and try and do a 50" one with no run eventually.

Originally Posted by AirForceV View Post
    solid lifts.

curious about that bench sling thing... never seen anything like it before lol

strong jump too. jesus that's high bra
    Thanks brah. Mark Bell from Supertraining in Cali came out with the sling shot thing like a year or 2 ago. For a raw bencher I think the idea is it helps you get accustomed to having heavier loads in your hands since there's no assistance at the top, and it really helps to blast your triceps once you get past the help on the chest point and the load transfers over.

You wouldn't believe how high I could jump in high school. In weight training class twice a semester we'd do a vertical test with chalk against a brick wall and I would smash on the varsity basketball/football players. It always brought the lols since I didn't play any sports at all.

Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast