Thread: Spartan up!

Frosty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frosty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frosty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frosty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frosty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frosty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frosty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frosty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frosty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frosty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frosty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Spartan up!

Hello valued readers and motivators. My name is Matt Noel and this is my workout journal. The reason the title is such because as a motivational goal I have entered into a local Spartan race so I have a set deadline to reach my short term goals.

With this Race on the horizon I am looking to carve away my 237 lb body and melt the reserves to a healthier 200 lb body. I am also looking to improve my 5k run time from its abysmal, yet consistent, 28:30 avg run time. I am also looking to use it as a stepping stone to launch myself in a positive direction.

The Plan!

Alright my current plan is to go forth with the program outlined on BB known as Shortcut to Shred. I plan on doing one round, though will not be against doing another round after to accelerate results before the race.

The Nutrition I am adhering to is strictly from Shortcut to Size. however the supplementation is modified based on budget. The Supplements I will be using along with this transformation, and I will accept opinions on the matter, are thus

Whey/Casein Protein
    Vitargo
    Magnum Primer Pack
    Ripped Fuel pro series
    Pre Jym
    Post Jym
    Fish oil
    CLA

The reason I am starting a journal is to collect my thoughts along the way, ask for advice, seek motivation, provide motivation and hold myself accountable.

Its time to Spartan Up!
    Be strong, To be useful.
    Stay Frosty.

Frosty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frosty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frosty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frosty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frosty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frosty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frosty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frosty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frosty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frosty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frosty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Day 1:

Well I must say the shortcut to shred program sure is consistent. I really enjoyed the intensity of the workouts and how the supplements interacted. I kept a nice chest pump for an hour or so at least after the workout.

Mentally I am doing well, I feel motivated knowing I have an end goal and that is keeping me out the Junk food and keeping me consistent with the meals.

All in all I am quite happy with today.
    Be strong, To be useful.
    Stay Frosty.

Day 2:

Today was a lower body workout that left me gasping. The assault to the legs alone was enough but to add on the 1 min of cardio inbetween was crazy. I do enjoy seeing where my cardio is and with that it gives me an idea of what and where to focus.

My mental health considering this program is fantastic. I've never felt more motivated then having a goal to work towards like the Spartan Race.

That is all for today, Tomorrows workout is Back, Bi's, and Tri's.
    Be strong, To be useful.
    Stay Frosty.

Day 3:

Had a little motivation issue when I woke up this morning, I almost decided not to hit the gym today but I stuck with it and got it done and I feel fantastic. Just about to finish the last piece of my meal for the day and excited to see what comes tomorrow.

So far the supplements are going great. It is easy to keep up with the schedule and fits right in between my main meals, where shakes are concerned.

Looking onward and upward. Also I will be adding my day 1 stats and photos up ASAP
    Be strong, To be useful.
    Stay Frosty.

Day 4: Loved the arm workout yesterday, had a solid pump and a I was dripping from the onset.

I got behind on my nutrition but I managed to get it all in by the end of the day, though I find with my time off I've been sleeping in a bit more and pushing my breakfast to 13:00.

My supplementation has been spot on the whole way and I have upped my dose of ripped fuel to 2 capsules. I have found that this gives me a great pump by workouts end and it just lasts.

Day 5: Motivation dipped again but I fought through it and I feel better for doing so. It would be nice to have some kind words/questions so I can feel more engaged with other people. Nothing like a group of like minded people to pull you through the dips. The leg workout today was intense as evident by my quivering calves by the last set. I did less weight related CA (Cardio Acceleration) and more body weight exercises.

Again late breakfast but at least its consistent, and supplementation is still strong.
    Be strong, To be useful.
    Stay Frosty.

Alright here is the day 1 picture as promised.
    Attached Images
    Be strong, To be useful.
    Stay Frosty.