Thread: Cut or Bulk?

MBiohazard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cut or Bulk?

I am currently trying to decide whether I should focus on cutting or bulking, I know this topic has gone on many times, but I finally decided to make my own account and post some pics to get some outside opinions on this. I am around 20% body fat (averaged after multiple calculations), so that puts me at about 130lbs of lean mass. I was hoping someone here with more experience could help me out with what to do next. Should I cut and see where my body is at or bulk and risk looking like its just molded fat for the summer.

ps. I have been on and off training since highschool I use to weigh around 140 at the end of grade 12 but 4 years later and lack of diet restrictions has got me at 164 today, but I have also gotten stronger (slightly) I can dead 170lbs, bench 120, row(bent over) 100 whereas before I could only bench 75-80 and only in dreams could I dead 170 (use to be in the 90's was killer). Also pics on my profile are after 3 weeks of mass workout, diet is still the same minus extra cookies

phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You don't have much LBM to cut down to. You cut now you are going to end up pretty dang small. On the other side you are around 20% if not a bit over.

Honestly I would get your nutrition in check. Eat at a SMALL surplus and lift heavy, should see some good changes.
    Only a life lived for others, is a life worthwhile.

MBiohazard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thats what I figured, 20% seemed really high and I didn't want to increase it, but like you mentioned I am also on the small side in terms of LBM

soldierboy1989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Stay away from the cookies! Well actually depends on what type they are. Chocolate chip and sugar cookies are bad but perhaps oatmeal and raisin are delicious and not so high in calories. Also lift heavy with low reps. You will see in increase in muscle or a few months..Eat lots of protein( Chicken, tuna, fish, veggies, etc) DOn't give up and make sure your workouts are making you drip sweat off your forehead. Good Luck! ;-)